Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet > Testimonies
Facebook

Notices


Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
god, healing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-27-2016, 08:10 PM
RonMurray's Avatar
RonMurray RonMurray is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 67
When The House Is Broken The Carpenter Will Fix it

"And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people. Then His fame went throughout all Syria; and they brought to Him all sick people who were afflicted with various diseases and torments, and those who were demon-possessed, epileptics, and paralytics; and He healed them."
-- Matthew 4:23 & 24.

"Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?” So they were offended at Him.”
-- Mark 6:3.

"Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end."
-- Hebrews 3:6.

Jesus was a carpenter in His earthly life as a man. But in His divinity, He was God manifest in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:16). He is the Almighty God, who created us. He is the Carpenter who made us, and we are the house that He built. Whenever there's a problem, He's there to help and to fix it. He is a healer.

Somewhere between the mid to late 90's, I was backslidden from God, and me and a friend of mine went camping during the weekend with my dad. We went walking in the woods and got lost and ended up sleeping in the woods over night. We both got poison ivy, but he didn't get it as bad as I did. My dad took me to the hospital and they gave me medicine for it. The medicine only kept it from spreading as bad, but it didn't make it go away. And when I ran out, it started getting worse and spread to my face.

So one night I broke down and turned to God in repentance and asking for forgiveness and pleading with Him to heal me. It was so bad that I couldn't bear it a moment longer. I just wanted it to go away. And I fell asleep crying and praying. Then I woke up and continued crying and pleading with God to heal me, and fell asleep crying and praying again. Then I woke up again and started crying and pleading with God again. I remember all those stories and testimonies I've heard and read about of people who were healed by God, even from diseases. So I said, "God, please, why won't you heal me? I'm sorry, please, why won't you heal me?" And I fell asleep crying and praying again.

Then I had a dream where I was standing at the top of some stairs in a house. There were broken pieces from the railing scattered around on the stairs. Then I heard a voice say, "Don't you know, that when the house is broken, that the carpenter will fix it?!" Then I seen all the broken pieces go back in place and it was fixed. Then I woke up thanking God in faith for the healing.

The next morning, when I woke up, the poison ivy felt like it was dead in me, like it no longer had any effect. And it started healing and clearing up more and more until it was gone.

Thanks to our God who is forgiving, loving, and compassionate, and who helps, comforts, and heals us. Blessed be the name of Jesus.

The Potter's House

.
  #2  
Old 03-27-2016, 11:25 PM
FlamingZword's Avatar
FlamingZword FlamingZword is offline
Yeshua is God


 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,158
Re: When The House Is Broken The Carpenter Will Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMurray View Post
"And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people. Then His fame went throughout all Syria; and they brought to Him all sick people who were afflicted with various diseases and torments, and those who were demon-possessed, epileptics, and paralytics; and He healed them."
-- Matthew 4:23 & 24.

"Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?” So they were offended at Him.”
-- Mark 6:3.

"Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end."
-- Hebrews 3:6.

Jesus was a carpenter in His earthly life as a man. But in His divinity, He was God manifest in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:16). He is the Almighty God, who created us. He is the Carpenter who made us, and we are the house that He built. Whenever there's a problem, He's there to help and to fix it. He is a healer.

Somewhere between the mid to late 90's, I was backslidden from God, and me and a friend of mine went camping during the weekend with my dad. We went walking in the woods and got lost and ended up sleeping in the woods over night. We both got poison ivy, but he didn't get it as bad as I did. My dad took me to the hospital and they gave me medicine for it. The medicine only kept it from spreading as bad, but it didn't make it go away. And when I ran out, it started getting worse and spread to my face.

So one night I broke down and turned to God in repentance and asking for forgiveness and pleading with Him to heal me. It was so bad that I couldn't bear it a moment longer. I just wanted it to go away. And I fell asleep crying and praying. Then I woke up and continued crying and pleading with God to heal me, and fell asleep crying and praying again. Then I woke up again and started crying and pleading with God again. I remember all those stories and testimonies I've heard and read about of people who were healed by God, even from diseases. So I said, "God, please, why won't you heal me? I'm sorry, please, why won't you heal me?" And I fell asleep crying and praying again.

Then I had a dream where I was standing at the top of some stairs in a house. There were broken pieces from the railing scattered around on the stairs. Then I heard a voice say, "Don't you know, that when the house is broken, that the carpenter will fix it?!" Then I seen all the broken pieces go back in place and it was fixed. Then I woke up thanking God in faith for the healing.

The next morning, when I woke up, the poison ivy felt like it was dead in me, like it no longer had any effect. And it started healing and clearing up more and more until it was gone.

Thanks to our God who is forgiving, loving, and compassionate, and who helps, comforts, and heals us. Blessed be the name of Jesus.

The Potter's House

.
And the lesson on all this is?
I get it, don't go into the woods, you might get poison ivy, and it is painful.

just kidding brother.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-28-2016, 09:01 AM
KeptByTheWord's Avatar
KeptByTheWord KeptByTheWord is offline
On the road less traveled


 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: On a mountain... somewhere
Posts: 8,354
Re: When The House Is Broken The Carpenter Will Fi

So thankful for the healing touch of the Lord not only on your body, but in your heart and life too!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-28-2016, 11:50 PM
votivesoul's Avatar
votivesoul votivesoul is offline
Administrator


 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: WI
Posts: 4,995
Re: When The House Is Broken The Carpenter Will Fi

Amen. A great record of and for our compassionate Savior. Thanks for sharing!
__________________
For anyone devoted to His fear:

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-14-2016, 02:03 PM
RonMurray's Avatar
RonMurray RonMurray is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 67
Re: When The House Is Broken The Carpenter Will Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
And the lesson on all this is?
I get it, don't go into the woods, you might get poison ivy, and it is painful.

just kidding brother.
Thanks. I posted this on Disqus and had someone on there trying to make a whole debate about Jesus not being a carpenter and didn't even care about the meaning of the message.

PS - Don't go on Disqus, you'll have a bunch of atheists all trying to gang up on you and going all crazy like a bunch of blood thirsty animals. But I stand my ground and stand upon the word of God no matter what.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-14-2016, 02:09 PM
RonMurray's Avatar
RonMurray RonMurray is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 67
Re: When The House Is Broken The Carpenter Will Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
So thankful for the healing touch of the Lord not only on your body, but in your heart and life too!
Yes. Thank God. And thank you. And the Lord bless you.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-14-2016, 02:20 PM
RonMurray's Avatar
RonMurray RonMurray is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 67
Re: When The House Is Broken The Carpenter Will Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Amen. A great record of and for our compassionate Savior. Thanks for sharing!
Yes, God is very merciful and patient with us. I've checked out the site you presented with the link. I thought about the difference between Jesus and Yeshuah before, but it didn't take long for me to realize something. It appears that God has accepted the name Jesus, because He responds when we call Him by the name of Jesus, or call out the name of Jesus, He answers prayers in the name of Jesus, He heals and does miracles in the name of Jesus, and He saves and delivers in the name of Jesus. So it seems that to God, it doesn't matter what language His name is tranlated into, as long as it's His name.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
One God Kenneth Carpenter. Scott Hutchinson Fellowship Hall 2 12-13-2011 03:14 PM
Carpenter Apologizes Carpenter Fellowship Hall 26 07-26-2008 09:43 AM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by coksiw
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.