Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-11-2021, 11:13 PM
leftcoast1 leftcoast1 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 18
Sons Inheriting Churches from Fathers $$$

Something needs to be said about this.

When did a church become a family business to pass down to your children?

Recently in Oregon, Jesse Parker at Lighthouse Pentecostal Church in Lagrande installed his son as pastor. This guy has been arrested 5 times in the last 6 years. I get it. People change. But maybe he needs a few years at a qualified seminary before being asked to lead a flock?

If I was a long time tithe paying member of this church, I would be going else where. Something smells fishy about this. I guess these churches are too profitable to just hand off to someone who might be a qualified pastor and offer a semblance of oversight and accountability. Did the church members even have a vote?

When will the unqualified acts of nepotism stop? Hunter Biden might as well be VP.

I don’t live in the area and I have no association but this is not fair to the faithful members of this congregation.

https://www.ucmugshots.com/name/jame...parker?match=1
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-12-2021, 05:43 AM
TJJJ's Avatar
TJJJ TJJJ is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,542
Re: Sons Inheriting Churches from Fathers $$$

And how dare Jess give it to someone else and not you! C'mon man, if it's not of God then it won't matter, if God is in it then it will. Period. That church has a board of elders who had to approve it, apparently they didn't see it like you. Roll on and find another place to Pastor so you can do the same thing when you retire.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-12-2021, 05:45 AM
TJJJ's Avatar
TJJJ TJJJ is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,542
Re: Sons Inheriting Churches from Fathers $$$

That's why he has a board of elders and the government of the assembly ratified it. You don't have to agree with it but you don't matter in this issue.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-12-2021, 07:46 AM
Originalist Originalist is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,918
Re: Sons Inheriting Churches from Fathers $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
And how dare Jess give it to someone else and not you! C'mon man, if it's not of God then it won't matter, if God is in it then it will. Period. That church has a board of elders who had to approve it, apparently they didn't see it like you. Roll on and find another place to Pastor so you can do the same thing when you retire.
The board of elders in most Apostolic churches is a rubber stamp for the pastor wishes.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-12-2021, 07:48 AM
Originalist Originalist is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,918
Re: Sons Inheriting Churches from Fathers $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoast1 View Post
Something needs to be said about this.

When did a church become a family business to pass down to your children?

Recently in Oregon, Jesse Parker at Lighthouse Pentecostal Church in Lagrande installed his son as pastor. This guy has been arrested 5 times in the last 6 years. I get it. People change. But maybe he needs a few years at a qualified seminary before being asked to lead a flock?

If I was a long time tithe paying member of this church, I would be going else where. Something smells fishy about this. I guess these churches are too profitable to just hand off to someone who might be a qualified pastor and offer a semblance of oversight and accountability. Did the church members even have a vote?

When will the unqualified acts of nepotism stop? Hunter Biden might as well be VP.

I donít live in the area and I have no association but this is not fair to the faithful members of this congregation.

https://www.ucmugshots.com/name/jame...parker?match=1

Oneness churches are the worst on this kind of thing. But Assemblies of God ain't far behind. That is one thing I admire about the Southern Baptists. They even the playing field for those seeking a church.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-12-2021, 08:35 AM
consapente89 consapente89 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,242
Re: Sons Inheriting Churches from Fathers $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoast1 View Post
Something needs to be said about this.

When did a church become a family business to pass down to your children?

Recently in Oregon, Jesse Parker at Lighthouse Pentecostal Church in Lagrande installed his son as pastor. This guy has been arrested 5 times in the last 6 years. I get it. People change. But maybe he needs a few years at a qualified seminary before being asked to lead a flock?

If I was a long time tithe paying member of this church, I would be going else where. Something smells fishy about this. I guess these churches are too profitable to just hand off to someone who might be a qualified pastor and offer a semblance of oversight and accountability. Did the church members even have a vote?

When will the unqualified acts of nepotism stop? Hunter Biden might as well be VP.

I donít live in the area and I have no association but this is not fair to the faithful members of this congregation.

https://www.ucmugshots.com/name/jame...parker?match=1
No association? Never attended Elder Parkerís meeting? Yeah something does smell fishy....this post. Sounds like something a disgruntled preacher would post. Besides that, all liars will have their part...get a prayer life and get over it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-12-2021, 08:37 AM
consapente89 consapente89 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,242
Re: Sons Inheriting Churches from Fathers $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
That's why he has a board of elders and the government of the assembly ratified it. You don't have to agree with it but you don't matter in this issue.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-12-2021, 08:56 AM
leftcoast1 leftcoast1 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 18
Re: Sons Inheriting Churches from Fathers $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
That's why he has a board of elders and the government of the assembly ratified it. You don't have to agree with it but you don't matter in this issue.
Even if he has a board of directors, they would be too afraid to vote him down. That how is how they got there in the first place. Kim Jung Un has advisors as well, look what happened to the last one that told him no...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-12-2021, 09:23 AM
Nicodemus1968's Avatar
Nicodemus1968 Nicodemus1968 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Unites States
Posts: 1,927
Re: Sons Inheriting Churches from Fathers $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
No association? Never attended Elder Parkerís meeting? Yeah something does smell fishy....this post. Sounds like something a disgruntled preacher would post. Besides that, all liars will have their part...get a prayer life and get over it.
__________________
"Watch and Pray That you Enter not into Temptation"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-12-2021, 09:36 AM
leftcoast1 leftcoast1 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 18
Re: Sons Inheriting Churches from Fathers $$$

No one has to be disgruntled to call out religious corruption.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gay fathers study aegsm76 Political Talk 6 05-06-2016 10:24 PM
Happy Fathers Day! CC1 Fellowship Hall 3 06-22-2015 03:08 PM
What Are Your Plans For Fathers Day? Ron Fellowship Hall 20 06-16-2008 07:07 PM
What are your plans for Fathers Day? Theresa Fellowship Hall 17 06-19-2007 01:19 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by coksiw
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.