Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 12-03-2015, 10:29 AM
Originalist Originalist is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,929
Re: Another Mass Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
News said sources called the terrorist's home an "IED factory." Not looking good for obama and the workplace violence peddlers.

This was, in all likelihood, an act of terror.

Now will obama have the guts to call it what it is?

I doubt it, since that will mean more egg on his face about containing isis.

It's spreading, and it's now here in the US.

The president needs to get his head out of his posterior and stop acting jv.

He can continue to spin this without fear of consequences since 40% at least will back him no matter what.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-03-2015, 11:18 AM
Jermyn Davidson's Avatar
Jermyn Davidson Jermyn Davidson is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In His Hands
Posts: 13,911
Re: Another Mass Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
News said sources called the terrorist's home an "IED factory." Not looking good for obama and the workplace violence peddlers.

This was, in all likelihood, an act of terror.
I agree.

Maybe because it was a Christmas party (or holiday party if this were government workers who refer to parties this time of hear as holiday parties).
__________________
"The choices we make reveal the true nature of our character."
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-03-2015, 02:53 PM
StillStanding's Avatar
StillStanding StillStanding is offline
Beautiful are the feet......


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Right...behind...you!
Posts: 6,600
Re: Another Mass Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Islam is the only religion out of all the thousands of religions in the world where mass murders like this one are part of its ideology.

The neighbors and coworkers say the man who did this was peaceful, polite and quiet... until..... his extreme act was carried out. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/03...eserve-polite/

How can you trust those professing Islam who say they are "peaceful", when you see a situation such as this one?
My wife works for a security integrator that does the lions share of security (cameras and access control) for schools and colleges for state of Tennessee. They have a Muslim middle eastern guy who is an engineer that has security clearance to control cameras for schools and universities if needed. He is a very nice guy who has caused no problems JUST LIKE THE SAN BERNARDINO GUY!

I'm sure this incident has caused concerns within the company and the schools. It just makes my wife very nervous!
__________________
Words: For when an emoticon just isn't enough.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,758
Re: Another Mass Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
Nothing to add. I am left scratching my head with many questions. One question: was it really pre-planned to launch a terrorist attack on a social services building that provides assistance to the handicapped? Really? A terrorist organization planned to do this?

If the answer is yes, will you grant that this would be BY FAR the most absurd and asinine terrorist attack ever? Absolutely meaningless!
Its already been shown to you the attack was NOT on a social services building providing assistance to the handicapped.

He appears to have been an employee of the group having a party. He had angry words with someone and left and returned armed with his wife.

He had been planning something as can be seen from his collection of guns, ammo and bombs
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-03-2015, 04:19 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,758
Re: Another Mass Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
Honestly, if this is true, this does not sound like a targetted, pre-planned terrorist attack. This does not sound like ISIS cased out the daycare center and decided to kill handicap people in order to send a message.

Do you understand what I am saying?
Terrorism does not have to be pre-planned

He seems to have planned on doing something violent eventually..he had a small armament of guns, ammo and bombs. Workplace violence does not usually involve going home, getting bombs and your wife to go on a shooting rampage.

AND...for the last time PLEASE get this through your head...they did not target handicapped People. You have been told that already
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-03-2015, 04:22 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,758
Re: Another Mass Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
The problem with your.logic is that you have already provided the backdrop for this attack. The man was working, had an argument, left, came back with friends and shot up the place.

Seriously, if the narrative you provided is true, then it is hard to classify this tragedy as terrorism. There isn't an ideology being advanced in this incident. There is an angry guy at his work place...
He came back with his WIFE, armed with assault rifles and BOMBS. Do you know what planning goes into making bombs?

He was probably angry that it was a christmas party
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-03-2015, 04:23 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,758
Re: Another Mass Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
At most, this would have to be the most hastily organized terrorist attack to ever take place on American soil.

It is not unreasonable to question whether this was a terrorist attack, given the chain of events that you have presented.
If it was terrorism, the only HASTY part was being there at a party, seeing no guards, leaving angry and realizing...by Allah I can kill them all!

He already HAD the weapons. He already MADE Bombs. He already had a wife who was as crazy as he....
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-03-2015, 04:26 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,758
Re: Another Mass Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
I don't have a source. I don't know who was killed. I am just trying to point out how absurd the whole situation is and how absurd to say without a doubt that this was a terrorist attack, based on the facts we have now.

If everything you say is true, then we are grasping for straws to call this terrorism. It might be, but it doesn't look like it.
You keep saying it's absurd because they targeted handicapped people

The flaw is two fold, first of all they did not target handicapped


Second Terrorists are interested in unsympathetic TERROR! They target the most vulnerable citizens that they can to strike TERROR into their hearts.
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 48,443
Re: Another Mass Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillStanding View Post
My wife works for a security integrator that does the lions share of security (cameras and access control) for schools and colleges for state of Tennessee. They have a Muslim middle eastern guy who is an engineer that has security clearance to control cameras for schools and universities if needed. He is a very nice guy who has caused no problems JUST LIKE THE SAN BERNARDINO GUY!

I'm sure this incident has caused concerns within the company and the schools. It just makes my wife very nervous!
I would be nervous as well. Obama has quite a few Muslims planted in positions such as that - Homeland Security, etc.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-03-2015, 05:19 PM
Jermyn Davidson's Avatar
Jermyn Davidson Jermyn Davidson is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In His Hands
Posts: 13,911
Re: Another Mass Shooting

Praxeas, you responded to all of my posts except for the ones that show where I agree that this was a terrorist attack.

__________________
"The choices we make reveal the true nature of our character."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Body Mass Index ILG Fellowship Hall 14 03-02-2014 04:30 PM
11 Mass Shootings In The Last Year celtic warrior Political Talk 2 11-06-2013 08:17 AM
Mass E-mail Sent by G.R. Travis rooted The Tab 2 12-01-2007 05:32 PM
15 year old with possible cancerous mass on ovary Margies3 Prayer Closet 9 03-17-2007 10:07 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Bowas

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.