Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
abuse, eric garner, police, rest in peace, violence

Old 01-02-2015, 12:51 PM
Not riding the train

Re: Saddened by NY Grand Jury Decision To NOT Indi

I want to come back and say - the Police Officer doesn't ride around with his camera turned on. He turns it on manually, it is activated when his lights turn on or when he hits a certain speed. I don't know how this particular camera functions, but it is on, and he knows it. That is one reason I want to hear from the Police Officer. He knows his camera is on and that he is being recorded.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

"Under Ground Kings"

[Verse 1]
Bridge over troubled water, ice in my muddy water
Rich off a mixtape, got rich off a mixtape
Probably shouldn't be driving, it just got so much harder
Can't even see straight, I can't even see straight
Oh, f with me, I buy the shots
Live a little, cause n die a lot, and lie a lot
But I'm the truth that's right I f said it
The living proof that you ain't gotta die to get to heaven
You girl, you right there, you look like you like this s
How'd I know, how'd I know? Thats me on some psychic s
I can tell a lie if you asking me my whereabouts
But I might talk that real if you ask me what I care about
Rappin', b, rappin', b b
And rappin' rappin' and b until all of it switches
I swear, it's been two years since somebody ask me who I was
I'm the greatest man I said that before I knew I was
That's what's important and what really happened before this
When me and my crew was all about this rapper from New Orleans
Singing "walking like a man, finger on the trigger
I got money in my pocket, I'm a uptown n, ah"
With fame on my mind, my girl on my nerves
I was pushing myself to get something that I deserve
That was back in the days, Acura days
I was a cold dude, I'm getting back to my ways

[Hook]
People always ask how I got my nice things
Take my crown to the grave, I'm an underground king
I bet we can make tonight the greatest story ever told
Cause I'm down to spend whatever, lately I've been on a roll
And I do it for the city, cause you know the city love it
N, do it for the city, cause you know the city love it
N, do it for the city, (UGK f these other n)

(This is the verse the dashcam begins recording)

[Verse 2]
Sometimes I need that romance, sometimes I need that pole dance
Sometimes I need that stripper that's gon' tell me that she don't dance
Tell me lies, make it sound good, make it sound good
Do me like the women from my town would
Leather with that woodgrain, Persian rugs on wood floors
Talking all them good things, that's all I'm really good for
Memphis Tennessee no, see I start to go deep back
And Ridgecrest with my seat back with Yo Gotti and E-Mack
And these n got them diamonds glowing in they mouth
And they rockin' furs like it's snowing in the south
And every pretty girl tell me that's the s that she like
So why am I in class if this is who I'm trying to be like
So I drop out, lessons I was taught are quick to fade
Soon as I realized that turning papers in won't get me paid
And if I don't nothing I'ma ball
I'm countin' all day like a clock on the wall
Yeah I need that, making major changes to the life I'm living
I had no choice, I had to prove I made the right decision
That was back in the days, Acura days
I was a cold dude, I'm getting back to my ways

[Hook]
People always ask how I got my nice things
Take my crown to the grave, I'm an underground king
I bet we can make tonight the greatest story ever told
Cause I'm down to spend whatever, lately I've been on a roll
And I do it for the city, cause you know the city love it
N, do it for the city, (UGK f these other n)
Old 01-02-2015, 01:01 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I can understand wanting an investigation. That's well and good; however, it doesn't take much to see that the young officer may have been a bit overzealous in his contact with the man. He made no offensive movements towards the officer, did nothing threatening (unless he felt being corrected on the law was threatening). Simply walking away should not constitute an officer tasing someone twice. Officers should be willing to listen. This young man was not. Perhaps the loud gangsta rap he was listening to while making the traffic stop caused his inner OG to come out during the confrontation.
You are speculating with bias. He didn't tase him until he continued to resist. And he also tased him because Vasquez said, himself, that he grabbed the taser. He can't be that stupid.

Is that how you would have responded to the Officer?

Quote:
You know them all that well, eh? Impressive, though highly doubtful.
As a matter of fact, I do. I've lived around here for 20 years. And I got to know them much better during my recent jury service. Our Chief of Police is an awesome gentleman. He walked me out to my vehicle after the trial was over to make sure no one was outside to harm me in any way. He also didn't go back inside the courthouse until ALL the jurors were in their vehicles.

Quote:
I'm sure the majority of officers in my county are great and hard-working, decent people, too. But I'm not naive to believe they're all pure as the driven snow and never have allowed emotions (like what you exhibited above) cloud their judgement.
My judgement isn't clouded. I want FACTS. You don't seem to care. We should never, ever, even if we end up being right, convict a person before all facts are laid out.

It's allowing emotions, IMO, to sound off while viewing a video without full disclosure of the audio or before all facts are laid out.

Last edited by Pressing-On; 01-02-2015 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:06 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I'm not going to call anyone stupid. I just want to know what actually happened. Vasquez is walking away when the Police Officer is speaking to him. I am just saying that I wouldn't have done that.

All of the police officers in my county are great, caring, hard working men and women. I respect them all.
ALL of them? Wow!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I can understand wanting an investigation. That's well and good; however, it doesn't take much to see that the young officer may have been a bit overzealous in his contact with the man. He made no offensive movements towards the officer, did nothing threatening (unless he felt being corrected on the law was threatening). Simply walking away should not constitute an officer tasing someone twice. Officers should be willing to listen. This young man was not. Perhaps the loud gangsta rap he was listening to while making the traffic stop caused his inner OG to come out during the confrontation.

You know them all that well, eh? Impressive, though highly doubtful.

I'm sure the majority of officers in my county are great and hard-working, decent people, too. But I'm not naive to believe they're all pure as the driven snow and never have allowed emotions (like what you exhibited above) cloud their judgement.
She must know ALL of them to make such a claim. I bet she invites them ALL for dinner at her house. hahahahahahahahaha!!!!
Old 01-02-2015, 01:09 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
ALL of them? Wow!!!!!!!
Typical response from someone who "hates" the police - more - every time you view a selective negative clip.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

Media presser from 12/17/14:

http://youtu.be/IXiLP5RCgJg

Police Chief launched a criminal investigation, stated his internal investigation is separate from the Texas Rangers investigation. Claimed his internal investigation would be completed before Christmas - "I expect it to be done within the week." Also said the Rangers' investigation would be completed "just after Christmas."

Lawyer representing Vasquez, also from 12/17/14:

http://youtu.be/6W4eHJpxEt8

No comment on whether a lawsuit will be filed. Believes the officer acted unlawfully.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Typical response from someone who "hates" the police - more - every time you view a selective negative clip.
PO, I don't HATE the police. Actually, I love police officers. I just don't believe that all of them are good, that's all. I hate to see anyone (not just police officers) abuse the authority that they have. Humanity is not perfect, and those who have authority should be held more accountable for their actions than anyone else. Do you think preachers should abuse their God given callings? Anyone with influence should be held to a higher standard than those without.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Media presser from 12/17/14:

http://youtu.be/IXiLP5RCgJg

Police Chief launched a criminal investigation, stated his internal investigation is separate from the Texas Rangers investigation. Claimed his internal investigation would be completed before Christmas - "I expect it to be done within the week." Also said the Rangers' investigation would be completed "just after Christmas."

Lawyer representing Vasquez, also from 12/17/14:

http://youtu.be/6W4eHJpxEt8

No comment on whether a lawsuit will be filed. Believes the officer acted unlawfully.
Well, to be honest, I doubt PO will even regard these videos. All cops are good.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You are speculating with bias. He didn't tase him until he continued to resist. And he also tased him because Vasquez said, himself, that he grabbed the taser. He can't be that stupid.

Is that how you would have responded to the Officer?
Of course he "resisted." And by "resisting" I mean he tried educating a cop who apparently had no desire to discuss the issue. It was a bogus stop. The Chief of Police himself even said the officer was WRONG for the traffic stop.

Talk about speculating with bias. You claim "he also tased him because Vasquez said, himself, that he grabbed the taser." Now, how on God's green earth do you know when the officer decided to tase Vasquez?

I know you've already said you would bow down and let an officer trample over your civil rights, but I don't believe anyone - no, not even you - would sit there and allow someone to point a taser at you. Of course people will grab at it to try and avoid being tased.

Quote:
As a matter of fact, I do. I've lived around here for 20 years. And I got to know them much better during my recent jury service. Our Chief of Police is an awesome gentleman. He walked me out to my vehicle after the trial was over to make sure no one was outside to harm me in any way. He also didn't go back inside the courthouse until ALL the jurors were in their vehicles.
How many officers are in your county? Sorry, I don't believe it. Unless you live in the sticks where there are only a dozen or so officers. Maricopa county, in which I live, covers over 9,000 square miles and dozens of cities and towns, including the Phoenix metro area. Per the MCSO website, there are over 4 million people living in this county. There is no way anyone could claim to know every officer in the county.

Quote:
My judgement isn't clouded. I want FACTS.
HA! Says the lady who has all but claimed the officer is innocent and has repeatedly placed guilt on the wrongfully arrested man.

Quote:
You don't seem to care. We should never, ever, even if we end up being right, convict a person before all facts are laid out.
I do care. But I'm not an idiot or naive. When the Police Chief apologizes for the actions of the officer; when he acknowledges the officer was wrong for the traffic stop, you can at least admit the officer did something wrong. Perhaps not criminal - where he would be charged with any criminal offense. But he was wrong in that he didn't know the law correctly and apparently the Police Chief felt he was excessive enough to apologize to Vasquez.

Seriously, how often do Police Chiefs apologize and admit their officers were wrong? It's very rare they do so, yet he did.

Quote:
It's allowing emotions, IMO, to sound off while viewing a video without full disclosure of the audio or before all facts are laid out.
Preach to yourself, too. You're the one leveling guilt at Vasquez and all but saying the cop is guilt-free in this incident.

Last edited by n david; 01-02-2015 at 01:32 PM.