Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-09-2020, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

Re: The United States NEEDS to Repent or Die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

On the third hand you seem intent on keeping God and the Bible as far away from "saving the republic" as possible, except for some real basic lip service.

Not commenting on Originalist directly, but this is *exactly* what I am seeing all around me. Many seem to have become too American to be Christian.
Old 12-09-2020, 03:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Because apparently with some in the church realm, America is the only nation founded on biblical principles. So, seeing the way America has become it really only has 2 options, repent or die.

Even though concerning Sodom and Gomorrah, the Lord would’ve spared the city for 10 souls. Maybe some of us need a relationship like Abraham had.

Or....

It’s Gods intention to judge this nation, and will raise another nation. Either way, the church will be shadowed by the wings of the almighty.
Let's be clear. The principle upon which we are founded is that of Natural Rights, aka Natural Law, aka "God-Given Rights."
Old 12-09-2020, 05:14 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehud View Post
Not commenting on Originalist directly, but this is *exactly* what I am seeing all around me. Many seem to have become too American to be Christian.
It's almost like the crowd gets embarassed when somebody starts quoting Scripture and talking about Jesus... As if they want to hurry up and move on and get to the "USA! USA!" parts.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-09-2020, 05:16 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Let's be clear. The principle upon which we are founded is that of Natural Rights, aka Natural Law, aka "God-Given Rights."
I don't think you understand what "natural law" actually means. It's a cop out. A way to get away from THUS SAITH JEHOVAH.

We ought to stand for God's law, not man's law, and not some undefined vague concept of "natural rights".

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-09-2020, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

We are definitely circling the drain. It is sad to see that Donald Trump is the leadership representing conservative Americans. People are looking to the president as a savior, when Jesus should be our only savior. I don't think that either way this election goes, it is gonna be good for Americans. The leadership of a country is only the reflection of the people. We blame alot on government, but the buck stops here. I include myself. If we want to make America great again then the people better humble theirself and pray and turn from their wicked way. Only then can Americal be great.
Old 12-09-2020, 05:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness....

https://trendingpolitics.com/cnn-flo...lding-economy/
Old 12-09-2020, 05:58 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
My first Pastor mandated home school or church school as a heaven or hell issue.

And yes, let's press deeper in the Spirit.
Did the church start a school?
Old 12-09-2020, 06:14 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Did the church start a school?
Yes, Bible Truth Academy
using ACE curriculum
https://www.aceministries.com
Old 12-09-2020, 06:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Listen brother, I’m not trying to sound rude, or hateful. Yet, I just don’t see a country like the USA turning Apostolic. Actually, I don't see any nation on this planet turning Apostolic. As far as the USA is concerned, its not bible based and IMO it never has been.

Look at the time of Jesus, was that nation submitted to Gods law? No, it wasn’t. What about the nation of Israel, or countries like Italy, Greece, etc.. none of those areas were 100% Christ followers.

Better yet, look at the life of Christ, can you tell me where he spoke against the governing authority? Matter of fact...

Mark 12:17
And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Maybe this is where the founding fathers birthed the idea of, “separation of church & state”.

The song say, “too be like Jesus....” well. He ministered to the heart.
Old 12-09-2020, 06:17 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
It's almost like the crowd gets embarassed when somebody starts quoting Scripture and talking about Jesus... As if they want to hurry up and move on and get to the "USA! USA!" parts.
I have heard and seen more people, people in politics and people in government service that talk about Jesus Christ before they have shouted USA, USA!

I am glad that you aren’t God, because your first comments and outlook appear negative quite a lot. If you carried a blanket behind you, I wouldn’t be surprised.

You are so doomsday, it is a wonder you even want to get up in the mornings. Sorry, but there are some days when I am like, enough of the black clouds!!

You make me feel really tired. Do you ever have joy?