Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-27-2021, 11:23 PM
Registered Member

Re: Apostolics of Grant Parish/ Br. Lane Creech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
But what if it never was a sin to start with?
That’s what I was saying, this subject will end up on the foundational question, “ Is uncut hair biblical?”
Old 03-01-2021, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
Already has bro. He's Calvinist now. Seems to be flirting with cessationalism also.
He does seem to be leaning in towards a Calvinist view now. I haven't seen anything about him "flirting with cessationalism", but if he's taking on new ideals, that definitely aligns with a traditional Calvinist view of the spiritual gifts ceasing with the closing of the canon of scripture.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:01 PM
Registered Member

Apparently Bro Creech is still assistant on the Oneness of God, baptism in the name of Jesus as a commandment of scripture, and the necessity of the infilling of the Holy Ghost.

However, he doesn't believe that speaking in tongues is necessarily the outward sign of every believer. He quotes how many people in Pentecostal churches have not genuinely experienced Spirit baptism because these individuals are speaking in tongues, but still deal with issues of the flesh, preach false doctrines, and prophesy lies. These people cannot possibly have the Holy Ghost or else these things wouldn't exist in their ministries or personal lives. He mentions an example of a Jehovah's Witness woman he knows that speaks in tongues, but denies many essentials of the Bible. It basically seems like if a person doesn't align 100% with his teachings, then they cannot possibly have the real Holy Ghost (which is common among many Pentecostals).

He is strong against (as we've already noticed) what he calls "traditional Apostolic attire". It's nothing more than men adding to the Word of God, and therefore it's heresy, and borders on legalism. In his theory, people have added to clear scripture and have "fitted in" their man-made doctrines into scriptures that do not justify their claims.

Basically women can wear pants because they can wear tennis shoes and t-shirts, both of which are traditionally made for men. Considering it is socially accepted for women to wear pants that are made for women, then the church should be alright with it too.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 03-03-2021, 06:28 AM
Registered Member

And the reason they went from Apostolics of Grant Parish to Church of the Sovereign God is because the term "Apostolic" is full of pride and hypocrisy. Many Apostolics, in his theology, do not even understand the sovereignty of God. Apostolics just add to God's commandments and preach man-made standards and traditions without any Biblical authority to do so.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Flame View Post
Apparently Bro Creech is still assistant on the Oneness of God, baptism in the name of Jesus as a commandment of scripture, and the necessity of the infilling of the Holy Ghost.

However, he doesn't believe that speaking in tongues is necessarily the outward sign of every believer. He quotes how many people in Pentecostal churches have not genuinely experienced Spirit baptism because these individuals are speaking in tongues, but still deal with issues of the flesh, preach false doctrines, and prophesy lies. These people cannot possibly have the Holy Ghost or else these things wouldn't exist in their ministries or personal lives. He mentions an example of a Jehovah's Witness woman he knows that speaks in tongues, but denies many essentials of the Bible. It basically seems like if a person doesn't align 100% with his teachings, then they cannot possibly have the real Holy Ghost (which is common among many Pentecostals).

He is strong against (as we've already noticed) what he calls "traditional Apostolic attire". It's nothing more than men adding to the Word of God, and therefore it's heresy, and borders on legalism. In his theory, people have added to clear scripture and have "fitted in" their man-made doctrines into scriptures that do not justify their claims.

Basically women can wear pants because they can wear tennis shoes and t-shirts, both of which are traditionally made for men. Considering it is socially accepted for women to wear pants that are made for women, then the church should be alright with it too.
Did he start this church or "inherit" it?
Old 03-03-2021, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

Baptism in Jesus name as a command of Scripture....but not an essential part of the new birth. His preaching has basically consisted of the 5 points of Calvinism. His quotes are from famous Calvinists. Bet he won't insist that trinitarians be baptized in Jesus name to receive remission of sins. He can say he believes in receiving the Holy Ghost, because now he believes one receives the Holy Ghost when the "receive Christ by faith". Just another one that didn't love the revelation they had. While he was rebuking the entire Pentecostal movement for their pride, he didn't realize that the engine of apostasy was at work in his own heart. Too late now.

What's really sad is that he has murdered every new babe he gave birth to in the gospel. Murdered them or drove them off. Tragic. Nothing makes me more angry than this kind of stuff. The thing is, as with all the preachers who go this way, God knew while he was still preaching the doctrine that he was a man of corrupt mine, reprobate concerning the faith. Now He has insured that among God's people, that he would proceed no further and that his folly is manifest to all men.

Last edited by consapente89; 03-03-2021 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:43 AM
Registered Member

Half of this forum was rejoicing when Pixler started throwing off the old ways, thinking he was still going to hold to the basic Oneness message. Wrong! He is rejoicing in his "journey out" of the Oneness cult.

Truth- love it or lose it. Those who lose it, seldom regain it.

Last edited by consapente89; 03-03-2021 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:23 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
Half of this forum was rejoicing when Pixler started throwing off the old ways, thinking he was still going to hold to the basic Oneness message. Wrong! He is rejoicing in his "journey out" of the Oneness cult.

Truth- love it or lose it. Those who lose it, seldom regain it.
I'm thankful for those who like yourself held the line, and still hold it!
Old 03-03-2021, 10:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I'm thankful for those who like yourself held the line, and still hold it!
From the bits and pieces of your story I've heard, you've had more than one chance to let go also. Thank God for truth and his grace to keep us in it!
Old 03-03-2021, 01:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
Did he start this church or "inherit" it?
To the best of my knowledge, he started it. He and his wife are both first generation Pentecost.