Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-04-2017, 01:14 PM
Registered Member

Gifts of healing

Anyone have any experience with this gift? Does anyone know how God prepares a individual in this area of a healing ministry? An does a healing ministry usually come with deliverance as well? What type of training would this individual endure to bring this type of ministry to broken individuals?
Old 04-04-2017, 02:12 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Gifts of healing

I don't have a healing ministry but . . .

I will offer you some thoughts on the subject, God gives the gifts of the Spirit to Holy Ghost filled believers as He wills it. The training ground is compassionate soul winning with much prayer and fasting and reading God's word.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:09 PM
Registered Member

Talk to Jedi Will.

The Lord has used him very recently in this gift.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro_P2u View Post
Anyone have any experience with this gift? Does anyone know how God prepares a individual in this area of a healing ministry? An does a healing ministry usually come with deliverance as well? What type of training would this individual endure to bring this type of ministry to broken individuals?
Gifts of healing is plural. This means that there is a variety and wide array of different giftings and methods in relation to healing.

First, some heal through different methods such as medicinal herbs, balms, & oils (study the apothecary), and some through the practice of clinically tested medicine.

Second, some heal through supernatural means grounded in prayer and spiritual saturation. These gifts can be varied also. Some seem to have success when praying for specific kinds of illnesses or specific parts of the body. Some simply pray the prayer of faith and see results. Some heal in a general fashion through the laying on of hands, the anointing of oil, prayer clothes, or some other means of residual anointing and transference.

Third, some appear to have a gifting that focuses upon a single aspect of man's being. Man is a trichotomy (body, soul, and spirit). Each can suffer from various maladies and conditions. Physical illness affects the body. Psychological illness affects the soul (or Grk. psueche/psyche). Spiritual illness affects the spirit or "inner man" (spiritual defilement & demoralization, and demonic oppression/possession).

The power to "heal" doesn't originate from one's own self/ego. It flows from God through the power of the Spirit under the authority of Jesus.

Behold I show you a mystery...
John 15:1-7 (ESV)
“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. 5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. 7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."
Contemplation:
"I am the vine; you are the branches."
Old 04-07-2017, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
First, some heal through different methods such as medicinal herbs, balms, & oils (study the apothecary), and some through the practice of clinically tested medicine.
Interesting.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Interesting.
What caught your interest? Biblical apothecaries specialize in natural remedies using herbs, spices, essential oils, balms, and even incense, and aromas. For some, it is a passionate interest that takes much study and effort. For others, it is a natural talent. Either way, they too are healers.

They might find a godly interest and talent with things such as these:
The Herbalist's Bible: John Parkinson's Lost Classic Rediscovered
by Julie Bruton-Seal
https://www.amazon.com/Herbalists-Bi...st+Bible+bible
Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit: Restoring Emotional and Mental Balance with Essential Oils
by Gabriel Mojay
https://www.amazon.com/Aromatherapy-...MQQBN4GRF2APXQ
The Herbal Apothecary: 100 Medicinal Herbs and How to Use Them
https://www.amazon.com/Herbal-Apothe...pothecary+book
The Christian Herbal
http://christianherbal.org/#
Christian Natural Health Network
http://cnhnetwork.com/
Biblical Herbs
http://www.asian-recipe.com/herbs/biblical-herbs.html
Aromatherapy for Christians
https://aromatherapyforchristians.org/
Foundational Scriptures are:
Genesis 1:29 - And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Revelation 22:2 - In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, [was there] the tree of life, which bare twelve [manner of] fruits, [and] yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree [were] for the healing of the nations.

Last edited by Aquila; 04-10-2017 at 11:09 AM.