Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 08-17-2020, 05:54 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Re: Judaism is not Hebraism

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
This speaks specifically of the 2 Jewish groups(12 tribes)...

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

...and it says nothing about a single gentile, nor has any gentile fit this particular criteria,

Romans 11 11-36
Ezekiel 37

It applies to Gentiles because Gentiles were grafted in due to the previous branch dying due to sin. Now this was done to bring salvation to the world as Paul says and to also provoke the Jews to jealousy that some might be won.

In Ezekiel 37 21 then say to them, Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I will take the people of Israel from the nations among which they have gone, and will gather them from all around, and bring them to their own land. 22 And I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. And one king shall be king over them all, and they shall be no longer two nations, and no longer divided into two kingdoms. 23 They shall not defile themselves anymore with their idols and their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions. But I will save them from all the backslidings[f] in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them; and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

The way you speak its as if they will get some kind of "get out of jail free" card but God does not save and cleanse unrepentant sin which goes back to my original comments about them obeying the words of Peter.

Jesus already told the Jews of His day that," If you were the sons of Abraham, you'd do the works of Abraham."

So we already see that there is no free pass given to disobedience no matter what people call themselves.

Ezekiel 37 also speaks of every tribe becoming one as in the examples of the separate sticks representing the separate tribes and houses coming together to become one house.

It also speaks of covenants and again replace the word covenant with contract and then you understand that covenants are not one sided...both parties agree to behave and operate by certain standards of behavior the violation of which renders such covenant null and void which again God speaks of in Ezekiel when He compares Israel to a valley of dead dry bones. The whole chapter is about the restoration of Israel, how? By God putting HIS SPIRIT inside THEM.

He also speaks of "no man needing to teach you" in what you posted which is referenced in the letter from 1 John 2:27 and we are able to see that this is written to the Church who had been grafted in who no longer needed anyone to teach them because of

But the anointing which ye have received from Him abideth in you, and ye have no need that any man teach you. But as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.
Old 08-17-2020, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Romans 11 11-36
Ezekiel 37

It applies to Gentiles because Gentiles were grafted in due to the previous branch dying due to sin. Now this was done to bring salvation to the world as Paul says and to also provoke the Jews to jealousy that some might be won.

In Ezekiel 37 21 then say to them, Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I will take the people of Israel from the nations among which they have gone, and will gather them from all around, and bring them to their own land. 22 And I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. And one king shall be king over them all, and they shall be no longer two nations, and no longer divided into two kingdoms. 23 They shall not defile themselves anymore with their idols and their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions. But I will save them from all the backslidings[f] in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them; and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

The way you speak its as if they will get some kind of "get out of jail free" card but God does not save and cleanse unrepentant sin which goes back to my original comments about them obeying the words of Peter.

Jesus already told the Jews of His day that," If you were the sons of Abraham, you'd do the works of Abraham."

So we already see that there is no free pass given to disobedience no matter what people call themselves.

Ezekiel 37 also speaks of every tribe becoming one as in the examples of the separate sticks representing the separate tribes and houses coming together to become one house.

It also speaks of covenants and again replace the word covenant with contract and then you understand that covenants are not one sided...both parties agree to behave and operate by certain standards of behavior the violation of which renders such covenant null and void which again God speaks of in Ezekiel when He compares Israel to a valley of dead dry bones. The whole chapter is about the restoration of Israel, how? By God putting HIS SPIRIT inside THEM.

He also speaks of "no man needing to teach you" in what you posted which is referenced in the letter from 1 John 2:27 and we are able to see that this is written to the Church who had been grafted in who no longer needed anyone to teach them because of

But the anointing which ye have received from Him abideth in you, and ye have no need that any man teach you. But as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.
Romans 11 concludes with God fulfilling His promise to the nation of Israel....

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

And that is not speaking of Gentiles, but will happen when the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.
Old 08-17-2020, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I simply know that God made a promise to Abraham to save his physical descendants in the future.
I trust God was being truthful to him and will fulfill His word.
After Abraham died, God spoke about this same promise through the prophets, Jesus, then the Apostles.
It is laced from Genesis to Revelation.
I don't want to even start posting passages that you already know concerning this promise, but I trust you know them all(per your studies).
Some day, God will save all of physical national Israel, as they are sinners today...the way He saves everyone else.
His promise to Abraham will be fulfilled on that day. If God fibs here, half our Bible is a false deceptive book..
Folks merely question God's logistical operation, which is a non-starter.
I have no disagreement at all with what you say here.
Old 08-17-2020, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetUsReason View Post
I have no disagreement at all with what you say here.
Old 08-17-2020, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
This Jewish reformation...will God once again accept sacrifice or will it be required that they repent of their sins, are baptised in the name of Jesus for the remission of those sins and be filled with the HolyGhost with evidence of speaking in an unknown tongue as the Spirit gives the utterance?
Bible prophecy of the end-times leads us to believe that the Jews will restart their sacrificial system during the 70th Week of Daniel, or Tribulation. But Jesus' sacrifice was the final and ultimate Passover sacrifice for all time. The Old Covenant has already been fulfilled, therefore the Jews sacrificing has no relevance to atonement of sins. There will apparently also be sacrifices during the Millennium, although it is believed that they are done on the basis of a memorial, and not for atonement of sins.

Since the Restrainer, or ministry of the indwelling Spirit is removed prior to the 70th Week, we do not believe the Acts 2:38 gospel new birth plan will be operational during the Tribulation. The Tribulation is the 70th Week of Daniel's prophecy for the Jews and Jerusalem. Salvation will be on the same basis as the Old Testament. However, after the Second Coming, as Christ conducts the final regathering of Israel in preparation for the start of the Millennial Kingdom, the New Covenant will be poured out upon the Jews (and other believers) in ultimate fulfillment of a multitude of Old Testament prophecies. I would assume that this would be the same gospel salvation plan we obey today.
Old 08-17-2020, 07:01 PM
Banned

Awesome post, sir.
Old 08-17-2020, 07:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Romans 11 concludes with God fulfilling His promise to the nation of Israel....

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

And that is not speaking of Gentiles, but will happen when the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.
Absolutely right. Following the establishment of the church, the Christians were struggling with understanding the future and significance of Israel in God's plans. Paul reaffirmed to them that God's plans for Israel are not over, and that at a future point (Trib/Millennial Kingdom), His unconditional promises to them will be fulfilled. This passage helps us recognize the distinction between Israel and the church as specific entities in God's plan. Due to their rejection of their Messiah, God's plan for Israel has been paused as He instead introduced His plan for the church, a mystery hidden to the Old Testament audience. Although the Jews are temporarily "placed on the shelf", when the fulness of the Gentiles be saved, and God's time for the church is complete, the rapture will take place and God's time clock for Israel will again be restarted to conclude Daniel's 70th Week. It will take the horrors of the Great Tribulation in order to drive the Jews to repentance, which a remnant will do at the end of this time, prompting Christ's return to save them and pour out upon them the fountains of living water, Old Testament (and New Testament) idioms for the New Covenant or the Spirit outpouring. So, when we see clear OT prophecies of "all Israel" being saved, we know exactly when this refers to. It has nothing to do with the church, and everything to do with the Second Coming and establishment of the Millennial Kingdom.

Last edited by LetUsReason; 08-17-2020 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-17-2020, 07:31 PM
Banned

Excellent post sir!
Old 01-05-2023, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetUsReason View Post
Due to their rejection of their Messiah, God's plan for Israel has been paused as He instead introduced His plan for the church, a mystery hidden to the Old Testament audience. Although the Jews are temporarily "placed on the shelf", when the fulness of the Gentiles be saved, and God's time for the church is complete, the rapture will take place and God's time clock for Israel will again be restarted to conclude Daniel's 70th Week. It will take the horrors of the Great Tribulation in order to drive the Jews to repentance, which a remnant will do at the end of this time, prompting Christ's return to save them and pour out upon them the fountains of living water, Old Testament (and New Testament) idioms for the New Covenant or the Spirit outpouring. So, when we see clear OT prophecies of "all Israel" being saved, we know exactly when this refers to. It has nothing to do with the church, and everything to do with the Second Coming and establishment of the Millennial Kingdom.
How about.... no. A million times no.

(Could not resist.)

This passage destroys all of that explanation:

Ep 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Don't rebuild the wall in your mind!

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."

Last edited by mfblume; 01-05-2023 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-05-2023, 05:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Romans 11 11-36
Ezekiel 37

Amen!

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."