Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-10-2023, 07:16 AM
Registered Member

My New Co-Worker Is Apostolic

I started a new job back on March 20, and I was greeted with some very good news. One of the ladies that works in my office is Apostolic. She was raised in the Baptist church, but felt a longer "for something more" around the start of 2023. She was led to a little storefront Apostolic church. Her pastors are being patient with her and I do believe God's got a calling on her life.

Since I've worked with her, she's allowed herself to grow into modesty and accepted convictions. She's developed a relationship with my wife, and she talks openly about how blessed she was to see this Jesus Name truth.

She received the Holy Ghost while seeking a closer walk with God while still going to a Baptist church. Her pastor and "first lady" there, rebuked the experience and she stopped going. She then found her way to an Apostolic church, got baptized in Jesus' name, and started moving ahead with the Lord.

I cannot say how privileged I am to have an Apostolic co-worker. I've worked with backslidden and prideful Apostolics before, but this time is different. She has helped me so much since I've been here. I hope I have had the same affect on her.

Just wanted to share this with everyone.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 07-11-2023, 09:20 AM
Registered Member

Re: My New Co-Worker Is Apostolic

That's a wonderful testimony Bro. Flame. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-11-2023, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

A couple of weeks ago, I went through a very trying time. It was the most difficult battle I had faced in my Christian life.

My Apostolic co-worker knew something was wrong. She didn't make it public, but she private messaged me and I gradually clued her in on what was going on.

The more we talked, the more we saw where our stories paralleled. Our experiences, struggles, vices, and so forth are so similar. It has affected our lives in similar ways, and my Apostolic co-worker helped me push right on through the hardships.

It brought me peace to know that someone I know personally had been through something similar and that they had come out okay on the other side.

When I got this new job, I wondered why God kept tugging me towards this specific bank. I know I've got witnessing and soul-winning to do, but I was put here -- at least partially -- to be helped by my new Apostolic co-worker.

Thank you Jesus!
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 07-12-2023, 11:31 AM
Registered Member

Old 07-12-2023, 02:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Old 07-17-2023, 06:30 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Flame View Post
A couple of weeks ago, I went through a very trying time. It was the most difficult battle I had faced in my Christian life.

My Apostolic co-worker knew something was wrong. She didn't make it public, but she private messaged me and I gradually clued her in on what was going on.

The more we talked, the more we saw where our stories paralleled. Our experiences, struggles, vices, and so forth are so similar. It has affected our lives in similar ways, and my Apostolic co-worker helped me push right on through the hardships.

It brought me peace to know that someone I know personally had been through something similar and that they had come out okay on the other side.

When I got this new job, I wondered why God kept tugging me towards this specific bank. I know I've got witnessing and soul-winning to do, but I was put here -- at least partially -- to be helped by my new Apostolic co-worker.

Thank you Jesus!
Aren't you married?
Old 07-18-2023, 12:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Aren't you married?
I had that same thought.
Old 07-18-2023, 09:04 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Flame View Post

Thank you Jesus!

Cool connection. Id say this that boundaries can be tricky especially when you've been battling*not speaking of battling against sin necessarily* but the constant waterboarding of life and then the sudden appearance of *help* you can connect with...be careful that in your transition from battle to peace that you maintain STRONG UNBREAKABLE unity with your wife.

I dont know this person and I really dont know you or your wife...I just know how the enemy works.
Old 07-18-2023, 10:13 AM
New User

My apostolic coworker knew something was wrong
Young man, women are intuitive. Do not mistake that for what some believe is a gift of discernment. Plus, you strike me as the type of guy that wears his feelings on his face.

the more we talked…
Find a brother to talk to, perhaps someone older who knows something about life.
Old 07-18-2023, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
My apostolic coworker knew something was wrong
Young man, women are intuitive. Do not mistake that for what some believe is a gift of discernment. Plus, you strike me as the type of guy that wears his feelings on his face.

the more we talked…
Find a brother to talk to, perhaps someone older who knows something about life.
This.

I wonder how the wife feels about you sharing and connecting with another woman? Find a brother.....