Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Nursery > The Cry Room
Facebook

Notices

The Cry Room Where disruptive users are sent for a TIME OUT!

Old 12-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Registered Member

Re: Empty Void.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIndependent View Post
You aren't alone. Even from people who mask their feelings to keep from opening up, they either have or are experiencing a dry spell. It's natural and will happen from time to time. Living for God is not all about the shout and dance that many people have made it out to be. Living in reality means dealing with life, period. God's the ultimate Compass. So, when it feels like you're empty, at a crossroad, or just plain dry, still lean on Him and talk to Him. He's listening...

I'll AMEN that!
Old 12-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
David Wilkerson addressed this in his online devotion for today:

Going Through A Dry Spell
David Wilkerson

Even though I preach to thousands, there are times I feel very dry, far away from the warm presence of God. When I’m dry and empty, I have no great yearning to read the Word and little compulsion to pray. I know my faith is intact and my love for Jesus is strong, and I have no desire to taste the things of this world. It’s just that I can’t seem to touch God for days, maybe even weeks.

Have you ever watched other Christians get blessed while you feel nothing? They testify of God’s answers to their prayers and shed tears of joy. They seem to live on a mountaintop of happy experiences while you just plod along, loving Jesus but not setting the world on fire.

I believe all true believers experience dry spells at various times in their Christian lives. Even Jesus felt the isolation when he cried aloud, “Father, why have you forsaken me?”

Without the nearness of God, there can be no peace. The dryness can be stopped only with the dew of his glory. The despair can be dispelled only by the assurance that God is answering. The fire of the Holy Spirit must heat the mind, body, and soul.

There are times I feel unworthy, like the worst kind of sinner, but in spite of all that, I know he is not far off. Somehow I hear a distinct, small voice calling, “Come, my child. I am aware of all you are experiencing. I still love you and I will never leave you nor forsake you. We will face it together because I am still your Father and you are my child.” I have a flame in me that will not be smothered and I know he will bring me out of any dry spell.

“For the Lord’s portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance. He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye” (Deuteronomy 32:9-10).

“Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen” (Isaiah 43:19-20).
Ok. Never heard of the phrase but sounds interesting. Never thought of it like that.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

Dry spells, in my opinion, are ways of God weaning us from feelings. To TRULY walk by faith and not sight is to not require feelings or sensations or similar and to stand on the Word alone that says He will never leave us nor forsake us. When we first get saved, we're infants. God coddles us with all sorts of anointing sensation and His felt presence. But time comes to get off the milk and be weaned. And the "dry spells" last longer and longer as time goes by, since He really wants us to walk by faith.

When we need nothing but the Word that promises He is with us, we are VERY Strong and mature believers.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 03-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

What is an empty void? Is it the opposite of a full void?
Old 03-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewlz View Post
Ever felt like you have no hope whatsoever in life spiritually and mentally? You pray and read your bible, listen to christian music to uplift your spirit to feel that empty void you have but for some reason it just doesn't work out?
Sometimes it's just human nature with all the things going on around us and the things we come into contact with. And again when your like this guard carefully because just before God is really to do something in our life or use us in some way then this sort of thing sometimes proceeds it. My advice, get really Jesus is about to either use you in some way or he is about to do something in your life, maybe something you have been waiting for.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Registered Member

I saw a commercial on you tube , about some type of computer that" wasnt just app switching but true multi-tasking"....and i thought to myself that is half of our trouble,we are so busy,it is as if a busy life style has been forced upon us ,I mean how much work load and how much information can i really process in one day!
Multi-tasking has become a way of life,something more cutting edge and more technologically advanced is available now , so that 5 free minutes you have here and there can now be used more productively,ah just think of the time you will save(taking no thought for the fact that we have no free time?)insted of doing 2 things at once now you can do 5 , oh and never slow down to think on the Lord, just busy,busy,busy
you are now overloaded and being pushed to the breaking point....

These things are happening in the natural, but there is a a spiritual parallel (in the last days Satan would think to wear out the saints) he will continually bombard our minds and our lives and I hope we are not to busy to stop and fight for our souls.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Smile Re: Empty Void.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafon View Post
I'll AMEN that!
I'll second that AMEN, Bro. Lafon!

Falla39
Old 06-14-2011, 03:49 PM
I believe

Yes, but I press on and soon I'm refilled, revived, and restored! GRACE IS TRULY AMAZING!