Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:47 PM
I believe the Gospel of Jesus

Re: Healing Scriptures

(Matt 8:17; Jn 10:10)
Old 04-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro-Larry View Post
(Matt 8:17; Jn 10:10)
This verse that you quote might be the monkey wrench in the argument that by his stripes we are healed does not refer to physical healing..

Isa 53:4 Surely He has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But He was wounded for our transgressions; He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was on Him; and with His stripes we ourselves are healed.

Mat 8:16 And evening coming on, they brought to Him many who had been possessed with demons. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick
Mat 8:17 so that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying, "He took on Himself our weaknesses and bore our sicknesses."

BTW I would agree healing here is not just physical. There are some though that claim this only applies to spiritual

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Go Dodgers!

Psa 103:1 Of David. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!
Psa 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
Psa 103:3 who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, - Jeanie

Psa 30:2 O LORD my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me.
Psa 30:3 O LORD, you have brought up my soul from Sheol; you restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit.
Psa 30:4 Sing praises to the LORD, O you his saints, and give thanks to his holy name.- Jeanie

Psa 107:19 Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress.
Psa 107:20 He sent out his word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction.
Psa 107:21 Let them thank the LORD for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works to the children of men!
Psa 107:22 And let them offer sacrifices of thanksgiving, and tell of his deeds in songs of joy!- Jeanie

Isa 53:4 Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.- Jeanie

Luk 4:18 "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed,
Luk 4:19 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." - Jeanie

Jas 5:13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise.
Jas 5:14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.
Jas 5:15 And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
Jas 5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
Jas 5:17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth.
Jas 5:18 Then he prayed again, and heaven gave rain, and the earth bore its fruit. - Michael Phelps

1Pe 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. = Michael Phelps

Psa 91:1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
Psa 91:2 I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." (We cannot find healing or faith unless we have spent time in his presence. The Word will produce faith and healing by drawing us into His presence.) - Pressing-On

Mat 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people.
Mat 4:24 And His fame went throughout all Syria. And they brought to Him all those being badly ill suffering various diseases and torments, and those who had been possessed with demons, and those who had been moonstruck, and paralytics. And He healed them.- Jeanie

Exo 15:26 And he said, If you will carefully listen to the voice of Jehovah your God, and will do that which is right in His sight, and will give ear to His commandments, and keep all His Laws, I will put none of these diseases upon you, which I have brought upon the Egyptians; for I am Jehovah who heals you. - Ferd

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday and today and forever. - Mizpeh

Num 13:30 And Caleb stilled the people before Moses and said, Let us go up at once and possess it. For we are well able to overcome it.
(All the promises of God are ours just like the promised land was for the Isrealites. We only need the faith like Caleb to go and possess those promises.)- Mizpeh

Mat 8:16 And evening coming on, they brought to Him many who had been possessed with demons. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick
Mat 8:17 so that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying, "He took on Himself our weaknesses and bore our sicknesses." - Bro Larry

Joh 10:9 I am the door. If anyone enters in by Me, he shall be saved and shall go in and out and find pasture.
Joh 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come so that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. - Bro Larry

Act 10:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, and He went about doing good, and healing all those who were oppressed by the Devil, for God was with Him. - Bro Larry

Mar 11:20 As they passed by in the morning, they saw the fig tree withered away to its roots.
Mar 11:21 And Peter remembered and said to him, "Rabbi, look! The fig tree that you cursed has withered."
Mar 11:22 And Jesus answered them, "Have faith in God.
Mar 11:23 Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him.
Mar 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
- Mizpeh

Mar 9:22 And it has often cast him into fire and into water, to destroy him. But if you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us."
Mar 9:23 And Jesus said to him, "If you can! All things are possible for one who believes." - Mizpeh

Joh 11:40 Jesus said to her, "Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?" - Mizpeh

Act 10:34 So Peter opened his mouth and said: "Truly I understand that God shows no partiality - Mizpeh

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:17 PM
I believe the Gospel of Jesus

Prax, I think II Pet 1:3-4 would certainly include physical health and healing, as well as provision (whispering lest some on AFF should hear) "prosperity gospel".

Also Acts 10:38
Old 04-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Prax, are you okay?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 04-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneasttx View Post
Prax, are you okay?
why am I looking pale? lol....

I need healing, but I was just thinking of SoCal saying about praying scriptures and wondered what others here thought were good verses

Old 04-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Oh, okay will be praying for you as well as SoCal. And I have read about praying scriptures from an author I wish I could remember her name. It was a book about how to pray and ways to pray effectively and for particular things.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 04-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
why am I looking pale? lol....

I need healing, but I was just thinking of SoCal saying about praying scriptures and wondered what others here thought were good verses
Great idea!

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 04-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Go Dodgers!

Bump

Old 04-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

This is a verse I put on an index card and was going to read and meditate on every night before I went to bed. I did it one night but I'm going to start again tonight..:

Matt 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith

My pastor taught on these verses last Sunday:

Luke 9:22-23 And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us. Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Two Sundays ago before service started while sitting in the sactuary, this verse came to my mind. I asked the person next to me if she knew where I could find it in the Bible:

John 11:40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

Jesus healed ALL that came to Him:

Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear