Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-11-2020, 09:36 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Do you have a pastor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Did you not read the post where I said the Word of God is saying forsake not the assembly of yourselves together as the manner of some is.
Ron, I don't think you are reading Mike's post. Also you may not be understanding what he is telling you.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Did you not read the post where I said the Word of God is saying forsake not the assembly of yourselves together as the manner of some is.
That does not address my question at all. Do you think the Churches NOW are teaching the same doctrine they were teaching then? Does it matter?
Old 12-11-2020, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Bro, we all have tons of accountability. Mostly everyone we meet. Don't get me wrong, I believe in church family, with ministry. But who you are in the dark is who you really are. We attend the Body of Christ, not ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS! You come into the church as a neophyte a baby, but when you are a full aged man you no longer need to call a sponsor. The drinking days are over.
Look, I don't call my Pastor, what should I eat today, it what should I wear? But you are either being disingenuous or not all above board in that it says, obey then that have the rule over you. Plain scripture. Now, that being said, Pastor as I have heard other men of God State, they do not have the time nor the inclination to spy on the Saints.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Then can you do away with a Pastor/prophet/evangelist/teacher/apostle and be saved?
All gifts are not always in operation in every congregation. I don’t find the phrase 5 fold ministry as biblical. I see a whole list of gifts. None of the lists , Romans, Corinthians, Ephesians are exhaustive. In each place they have identical purposes, the edification of the body. To pick the 5 in Ephesians as if it were an exhaustive list or 5 that were presented because they were more important is an idea not supported by the text.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
That does not address my question at all. Do you think the Churches NOW are teaching the same doctrine they were teaching then? Does it matter?
Which Churches? Most Churches in my City are preaching a false Gospel.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james34 View Post
All gifts are not always in operation in every congregation. I don’t find the phrase 5 fold ministry as biblical. I see a whole list of gifts. None of the lists , Romans, Corinthians, Ephesians are exhaustive. In each place they have identical purposes, the edification of the body. To pick the 5 in Ephesians as if it were an exhaustive list or 5 that were presented because they were more important is an idea not supported by the text.
There are 9 Spiritual Gifts of the Spirit, many more administrative gifts, and ministry gifts which are you speaking of?
Old 12-11-2020, 09:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Which Churches? Most Churches in my City are preaching a false Gospel.
So if the Churchs in your area are teaching false doctrine can YOU still be saved without attending?
Old 12-11-2020, 09:56 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Look, I don't call my Pastor, what should I eat today, it what should I wear? But you are either being disingenuous or not all above board in that it says, obey then that have the rule over you. Plain scripture. Now, that being said, Pastor as I have heard other men of God State, they do not have the time nor the inclination to spy on the Saints.
Plain scripture? Excuse me, the plain scripture says OBEY THEM not OBEY HIM. Letter ROMANS written to a specific church with certain needs. Later on it would be given to other congregations. Then become scripture for the body of Christ. Ron, who was Paul's pastor? Who was Peter's pastor? Who was Titus' pastor?
Timothy?
Old 12-11-2020, 09:57 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
So if the Churchs in your area are teaching false doctrine can YOU still be saved without attending?
I see where this going
Old 12-11-2020, 10:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Plain scripture? Excuse me, the plain scripture says OBEY THEM not OBEY HIM. Letter ROMANS written to a specific church with certain needs. Later on it would be given to other congregations. Then become scripture for the body of Christ. Ron, who was Paul's pastor? Who was Peter's pastor? Who was Titus' pastor?
Timothy?
So you are on record as you don't need a Pastor and don't need to obey him, gotcha!