Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:33 PM
Registered Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ.: Baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus in 1982.
Re: One Sacrifice Vs. 4,000 years of sacrifices

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
You still never answered me.
Forgive my negligence...but I thought I had.

We ALL belong to the Lord, but not all are saved. We were by HIM created, and Jesus
wrested any authority satan might have had when he beguiled Adam. So ALL mankind now
belongs to Him. However, there are men who have repented, etc., and are REDEEMED:
so we can say that we (those saved) are doubly his.

The end of the matter is that ALL are His by the authority He has received of the Father:
some to eternal life IN Him; others to eternal damnation.

I am an Israelite, and have faith that He will keep me.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephnxman View Post
Forgive my negligence...but I thought I had.

We ALL belong to the Lord, but not all are saved. We were by HIM created, and Jesus
wrested any authority satan might have had when he beguiled Adam. So ALL mankind now
belongs to Him. However, there are men who have repented, etc., and are REDEEMED:
so we can say that we (those saved) are doubly his.

The end of the matter is that ALL are His by the authority He has received of the Father:
some to eternal life IN Him; others to eternal damnation.

I am an Israelite, and have faith that He will keep me.
If all are His, then that is the only requirement in 1 Cor 15 for identification of those who will experience resurrection at His coming, meaning everyone will rise in the resurrection at his coming,m regardless of what the resurrection refers to. It says, "1Co 15:22-23 KJV For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. (23) But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming." So, how could everyone be His? This is the reason I claim everyone is not His. It conflicts with the statement made in these verses.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 07-25-2015, 11:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
If all are His, then that is the only requirement in 1 Cor 15 for identification of those who will experience resurrection at His coming, meaning everyone will rise in the resurrection at his coming,m regardless of what the resurrection refers to. It says, "1Co 15:22-23 KJV For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. (23) But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming." So, how could everyone be His? This is the reason I claim everyone is not His. It conflicts with the statement made in these verses.
Content and context, Beloved.

Is there a possible discrepancy? Then it's content and FULL BIBLE context!
Old 07-26-2015, 03:20 AM
Registered Member

"And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had
heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God MORE PERFECTLY."

Tell me about Aquila and Priscilla. They were disciples of Paul. Does anyone here
believe that they taught a gospel or doctrine different than the Apostle Paul? (Hint, hint)
It did not CONTRADICT Paul's preaching!

Tell me about Apollos. Does anyone here believe that Apollos was NOT "...baptized
in the NAME of Jesus Christ..."
for remission of sins and he did NOT receive the Holy
Spirit? Do you believe the pattern was changed for Apollos? Remember: he received
"...the way of God more perfectly."

A teaching or doctrine can be received by intention, context, two witnesses or
three, and WITHOUT CONTRADICTION!
Old 07-26-2015, 07:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Content and context, Beloved.

Is there a possible discrepancy? Then it's content and FULL BIBLE context!
Please show me Word where sinners are his. That is what I have been doing and you say I am incorrect, but don't provide Word yourself in response.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."

Last edited by mfblume; 07-26-2015 at 07:54 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
"And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had
heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God MORE PERFECTLY."

Tell me about Aquila and Priscilla. They were disciples of Paul. Does anyone here
believe that they taught a gospel or doctrine different than the Apostle Paul? (Hint, hint)
It did not CONTRADICT Paul's preaching!
Of course they did not teach anything differently than Paul.

But Apollos only knew the baptism of John like the disciples at Ephesus who were commanded to be baptized in Jesus name and received the Spirit speaking in tongues as those in Acts 2 did.

Act 18:25-26 KJV This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. (26) And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

Did Apollos know anything about Jesus, as those in Ephesus did not? He was a disciple of John the Baptist.

Quote:
Tell me about Apollos. Does anyone here believe that Apollos was NOT "...baptized
in the NAME of Jesus Christ..."
for remission of sins and he did NOT receive the Holy
Spirit?
Exactly. he was not baptized in the name and did not have the Spirit -- -again, like those in Ephesus in Acts 19.

Quote:
Do you believe the pattern was changed for Apollos? Remember: he received
"...the way of God more perfectly."

A teaching or doctrine can be received by intention, context, two witnesses or
three, and WITHOUT CONTRADICTION!
Please explain the context and purpose of your last phrase in relation to what you said about Apollos. You are not making the connection although you obviously have one.

Last edited by mfblume; 07-26-2015 at 08:01 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Of course they did not teach anything differently than Paul.
But Apollos only knew the baptism of John like the disciples at Ephesus who were commanded to be baptized in Jesus name and received the Spirit speaking in tongues as those in Acts 2 did.
Act 18:25-26 KJV This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. (26) And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.
Did Apollos know anything about Jesus, as those in Ephesus did not? He was a disciple of John the Baptist.
Exactly. he was not baptized in the name and did not have the Spirit -- -again, like those in Ephesus in Acts 19.
Please explain the context and purpose of your last phrase in relation to what you said about Apollos. You are not making the connection although you obviously have one.
VERY GOOD

The scriptures do not SAY that Apollos' sins were remitted, neither does it say that he did
receive the Holy Spirit. But the pattern...it says it all! And we see that Aquila and Priscilla
sent him with letters to Achaia when he was disposed to go. That means that Apollos
received their doctrine! But the scriptures DON"Y SAY IT.

If one's preaching, teaching, and doctrine do not contradict the scriptures or other
doctrines and its intention is for life, it must stand.