Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-03-2021, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

Re: Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name

I received the Spirit speaking in tongues in a Trinitarian church. I saw many preachers speaking under the anointing many times in Trinitarian churches. I saw instant healings and deliverances in Jesus' name in there as well. I was a minister in it.

My conclusion: Even if the preachers have some areas of doctrine where they are not right, or even they themselves are not 100% right with God, God can still move because the congregation comes to gather with hunger for Him, and with faith in Jesus' name.

An extreme example is Balaam in the Bible. He knew the things of God, but he also didn't have the right heart. He went for the money. However, for the sake of God's people, Balaam was mightily anointed and filled with the Spirit to speak blessing prophetically over the people of God.

I'm sure you can find more examples in the Bible (e.g. Jesus saying to listen to the Pharisees teachings but do not do as they do comes to mind).

However, when the doctrinal foundation is weak, things deteriorate over time. I have seen that as well with my own eyes.

Last edited by coksiw; 04-03-2021 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-03-2021, 02:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Most people who receive the Holy Ghost are not at that point even thinking in the depth you assert concerning the nature of the godhead. They are seeking the Holy Ghost because they have repented, believed on the lordship of Jesus the Son of God, and want to be empowered to live a life that pleases God.
Totally true unless you happened to have started out in a Oneness Church. The first time I hear the statement "Jesus is the Father" I thought it was absurd.
Old 04-05-2021, 11:20 PM
Registered Member

I don't think the Trinity people are spending their time counting how many Gods they are serving. They are just worshipping God and calling on Him. They may not understand the Apostolic message or really even know about it. They have received the genuine Holy Ghost - speaking in tongues.

We need to spend our time praying and preaching and getting people saved rather than trying to convert the already saved ones to our doctrine. There is a lost and hurting world out there that needs Jesus. They are on their way to hell if we don't tell them about the Blood of Jesus.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mont.preterist View Post
Now that is an interesting comment from a trinitarian.
It certainly is!

To tell a trinitarian that we both worship the same God, and we know and understand that there is only ONE. Yet, they worship three of them, then how do we worship the same God? And according to that trinitarian, we don’t.

Just like the Mormons out here in Utah, Ill tell them there is only ONE God and his name is Jesus. They’ll tell you, No! There is God the father and his son Jesus, two separate deities. They take the body of Jesus and make a god out of it! The revelation of who Jesus is in the heavenly realm has not been given to them.

I have family members that are catholic, and they will pray to Mary the mother of Jesus to go on their behalf for a certain situation.

Again, do we worship the same God?
Old 04-06-2021, 06:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE JESUS View Post
I don't think the Trinity people are spending their time counting how many Gods they are serving. They are just worshipping God and calling on Him. They may not understand the Apostolic message or really even know about it. They have received the genuine Holy Ghost - speaking in tongues.

We need to spend our time praying and preaching and getting people saved rather than trying to convert the already saved ones to our doctrine. There is a lost and hurting world out there that needs Jesus. They are on their way to hell if we don't tell them about the Blood of Jesus.
The trinitarians I know, pray to each of their deities. That’s why they baptize in the titles father, son, and Holy Ghost, because they don't have a relationship with Jesus Christ. Remember, the Jews would’ve killed you for believing in more than One God!

I believe people can receive the Holy Ghost anywhere, my son is going to receive it in our home missions bible study. Yet, I’m fully persuaded that in order for a person to receive the Holy Ghost they have to believe that Jesus Christ is God. Now, with that said, I don't believe they have to have all the understanding, they need to believe. There are people in our ranks that still cant tell if they believe in 1 or 2, so I’m not expecting every new convert to understand, just believe.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
The trinitarians I know, pray to each of their deities. That’s why they baptize in the titles father, son, and Holy Ghost, because they don't have a relationship with Jesus Christ. Remember, the Jews would’ve killed you for believing in more than One God!

I believe people can receive the Holy Ghost anywhere, my son is going to receive it in our home missions bible study. Yet, I’m fully persuaded that in order for a person to receive the Holy Ghost they have to believe that Jesus Christ is God. Now, with that said, I don't believe they have to have all the understanding, they need to believe. There are people in our ranks that still cant tell if they believe in 1 or 2, so I’m not expecting every new convert to understand, just believe.
I received the Holy Ghost believing Jesus is the son of God. This was 6 weeks after I repented and committed my life to him. I had not been to a Church yet. I had never been in a Pentecostal or Charismatic Church in my life.

As I recall I dont think I had ever heard the phrase "Jesus is God" yet I had an experience on 4-3-1974 with tongues and prophecy. Later as I began to read Christian books and attend various Churches I heard of the "Trinity".

It was 4 years down the road when I got baptized in Jesus name. I did it because I could see it in the book of Acts. It may have been another year before I actually got the revelation of Oneness.

In no way would I ever think what I got in 1974 was anything but the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

I cannot entirely agree with this statement. There are some people in Trinitarian churches that probably don't even think of God as a Trinity in theological terms, but because they hear "Father, Son, Holy Ghost" they think Trinity.

If a man or woman is genuine with God and they worship Him, I do believe they get the genuine Holy Ghost when they seek it. It wouldn't matter what church they went to or what it said on their sign, nor would it matter if they got the Holy Ghost at home or in the car on the way to work. God will give it whenever He sees fit. No argument there.

But I'd say that these Trinitarian preachers, evangelists, and missionaries that have been to seminaries (otherwise known as cemetery) have been indoctrinated with the Trinity. These are the ones that will defend their triune theology and tell you that the Oneness message is heresy and modalism. They think our holiness views are legalism, and they would never baptize in Jesus Name because Jesus didn't say that at the end of Matthew. These people that speak in tongues probably just have tongues, and they aren't of God. They deny who God is, so how can they have the Spirit?
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:49 AM
Administrator

The idiocy in this thread rampages unabated.

All those alleged "3 godders" who didn't receive the real Holy Spirit, because how can they? who have tongues but not from God, testify against such blasphemy because ALL of your early Oneness forefathers in the movement were ALL Trinitarians when they received the genuine Holy Spirit and spoke in real tongues from God.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 04-06-2021, 08:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I received the Holy Ghost believing Jesus is the son of God. This was 6 weeks after I repented and committed my life to him. I had not been to a Church yet. I had never been in a Pentecostal or Charismatic Church in my life.

As I recall I dont think I had ever heard the phrase "Jesus is God" yet I had an experience on 4-3-1974 with tongues and prophecy. Later as I began to read Christian books and attend various Churches I heard of the "Trinity".

It was 4 years down the road when I got baptized in Jesus name. I did it because I could see it in the book of Acts. It may have been another year before I actually got the revelation of Oneness.

In no way would I ever think what I got in 1974 was anything but the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Amen. God is not confined to denominations. He gives us the Spirit of truth to lead us and guide us into all truth. Anyone can receive the Holy Ghost.
Old 04-06-2021, 08:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

I will not stop teaching and preaching the truth even to Trinitarians.
I was a Trinitarian minister, and I am so thankful I came to the Truth.

There are spiritual implications of knowing the Truth. Those that understand this deeply are those that had the experience of being a Trinitarian with a relationship with God and then being a Holiness Oneness with a relationship with God. There is a difference, in closeness, stability, etc..., not to even say the needed foundation to be saved.