Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
This is not a liars thread. I would'nt expect you to lie. The posters here are idioTs, but they really do mean well.

It pays to doublecheck EVERYTHING they say!
All righty then.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 01-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Re: The Village idioT

Bump for Thad!!

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 01-29-2008, 06:41 AM
Registered Member

There are so many stories. . . .but one that I suppose I will never live down happened just a few short months ago (I'm ashamed to say). My husband, kids and I were out running errands and we stopped at Wal-Greens on the way home. He dropped me off at the door as I just had to run in. I got what I needed and as I came out the door, I just quickly glanced up and saw our car right across the parking lot so I headed that way. I was concentrating on my reciept as I thought one of my items had rang up wrong. I headed right to the car, passenger side door and tried to open it.
When it was locked, I truly looked at the car (for the first time) and noticed it was not mine. Not only that, but the woman in the driver's seat was shooing me away as if I was a car thief. She looked pretty scared and was yelling at me through the window to get away from her. I felt so stupid, I just started laughing. I looked around and saw my husband in our car the next row over. He had saw the whole thing (had watched me exit the store and walk to the wrong car) and was laughing so hard he could barely drive.
In my defense, our cars were the same exact color and almost the same model.
But IDIOTIC all the same. . . .
Old 01-29-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiah91 View Post
There are so many stories. . . .but one that I suppose I will never live down happened just a few short months ago (I'm ashamed to say). My husband, kids and I were out running errands and we stopped at Wal-Greens on the way home. He dropped me off at the door as I just had to run in. I got what I needed and as I came out the door, I just quickly glanced up and saw our car right across the parking lot so I headed that way. I was concentrating on my reciept as I thought one of my items had rang up wrong. I headed right to the car, passenger side door and tried to open it.
When it was locked, I truly looked at the car (for the first time) and noticed it was not mine. Not only that, but the woman in the driver's seat was shooing me away as if I was a car thief. She looked pretty scared and was yelling at me through the window to get away from her. I felt so stupid, I just started laughing. I looked around and saw my husband in our car the next row over. He had saw the whole thing (had watched me exit the store and walk to the wrong car) and was laughing so hard he could barely drive.

You, my friend, are a complete certifiable idioT!! (and a thief)

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 01-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Registered Member

Someone needs to get Bro John Atkinson to post his auto theft (accidental lol) story over here.. It is a riot and absolutely certifiable!!! LOL
Old 01-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiah91 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post

You, my friend, are a complete certifiable idioT!! (and a thief)
This I know. . .
Old 01-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

We have a long driveway from the road to our carport. On Thanksgiving Day, a couple of years ago, I backed out of the carport to turn around, and ran smack into the side of my daughter's brand new car!

We went to the insurance company, and the shop, had it fixed up nice.

The rest of the story.........two months later I did the exact same thing, to the exact same car!
Old 01-30-2008, 01:53 PM
A Prince of the Gospel!

Ok...a couple of idiotic things...not bad, if these are over a lifetime...

My wife and I are traveling in Germany and we're in a crystal shop. As I'm looking at all the different types of crystal glasses, vases, etc., I notice there's a guy on my left that keeps approaching me then stopping and turning back in the other direction. Every time I look up I see him out of the corner of my eye.

Finally, it's starting to get on my nerves a little, so I decide I'm going to go over to him and ask him if there's something I can help him with. As soon as I turn to my left and start toward him, I run into a great big glass wall !!! I look around the room to see if anyone has seen me run right into the wall, and realize that I was seeing MY reflection in the "crystal" wall !!!

What an IDIOT!!!!

Then, many years earlier as a small child in South Bend, Indiana...I come out of church after a particularly good Sunday night service and see that snow as fallen during the service. I my excitement and happiness I go over to the nearest parked car...ok, yes...you're going to guess what I did...

I put my tongue on the door handle of a beautiful Ford...thinking of course that I'd just "taste" the frost on the handle and then return to my playing in the snow...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, that's not what happened!!! I was STUCK there, looking very closely at the car handle...trying to say, "help" as it came out "Thaullphf." Eventually, someone came to my rescue and tried to pull me and my tongue away from the handle...THAT DIDN'T WORK !!! I moved away from the handle BUT my tongue stayed...it definitely STAYED... OW!

At last, someone got some warm water and poured that over my face...wonderful!!! After a short while, my tongue returned to my mouth, but wasn't exactly the same for some time..."HELWOE" that's my hello for a couple of days..."WOW WARE WU?" was my How are you?

WHAT AN IDIOT!!! Never did that again!! But I was tempted...
Old 01-30-2008, 02:32 PM

SWEET!

Welcome to all the new brethren, sistern and idioTs!

The evidence we are gathering is monumental! We are a force to be reckoned with - a "voting block" of sorts!!

Hoovie the idioT

Old 01-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Don't ask.

[YT="RevBuddy?"]TyXn7rkumdE[/YT]

Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?