Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Follower of Jesus

Someone is smoking Marijuana Here!

Someone is smoking Marijuana Here! Or you’re struggling by being present where it is smoked.

Yes those words came out of my mouth during the closing prayer at the end of our AM Sunday Service.

My friend Pastor Bobby Matthews from Singapore had just preached a wonderful message on Fruitfulness. He handed back the service to me, I just stood there by the pulpit praying and asking God to help me and our church to be fruitful for the Kingdom.

Our church is relatively small right now, about 55 people present, good hard working people who love God, the mix is about 55% over 50.

All of sudden I smell marijuana, was my senses playing tricks, it has been hot, maybe someone burning some hay or grass or a field fire. No, none of those things, yes that is definitely marijuana, but why I am I literally smelling marijuana.

Then a specific word begins to flood my mind, someone is here is struggling with smoking marijuana or you are in an environment where people do that and you are being tempted to do it and the Lord would like you to know that he wants to deliver you from that right now.

No you don't have to raise your hand or to identify yourself, but God wants to do something in your life.

So I told the church what I felt the Lord was saying, and then I closed the service with a prayer directed at being fruitful.

I went back to the church to greet folks and to be available for saints to talk with me and connect with them.

One lady came to me and said, as you said that word about marijuana, I was praying that God would deliver my son from it. Wow, that sounded promising, maybe this was the person who God might have been speaking to. But he was not actually present in the service, I prayed for her anyway.

But as I walked back into the sanctuary, my wife was motioning me to come over to a visitor, a young lady in her 20's standing by the front of the church. I came to her and my wife said to me (she) Amanda wants prayer because she wants to be set free, she had left a party last night where marijuana was being smoked and she was struggling with being tempted to engage in it.

I talked to her about God speaking to her and how he knows where we are at and what we struggle with. I prayed with her and the most wonderful thing is that she agreed to get baptized in the evening service.

Amanda did come back and was baptized last night in the Jesus name, my wife has her phone # and will be giving her a new life discipleship course.

Praise God! For the wonderful and awesome way that he works to reach people.

Just to clarify, I have never smoked marijuana, but I do have enough life experience to know what it smells like.

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:38 AM
My Family!

Re: Someone is smoking Marijuana Here!

Keith that is amazing!

God is so good!!
Old 06-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Great report Keith. Things like this is where the rubber meets the road. We have a real, living God who can and wants to actually change peoples lives for the better.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Praise the Lord!!!!
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 06-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

Great testimony. God sees it all!
Old 06-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Not riding the train

This is truly the NT church in operation, Keith! When God reveals Himself in this way - the people will believe in Him and know of His love and care for every aspect of their life!!
Old 06-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
This is truly the NT church in operation, Keith! When God reveals Himself in this way - the people will believe in Him and know of His love and care for every aspect of their life!!
I Corinthians 14:24-25 in operation,

24 But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an uninformed person comes in, he is convinced by all, he is convicted by all. 25 And thus the secrets of his heart are revealed; and so, falling down on his face, he will worship God and report that God is truly among you.

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith4him View Post
I Corinthians 14:24-25 in operation,

24 But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an uninformed person comes in, he is convinced by all, he is convicted by all. 25 And thus the secrets of his heart are revealed; and so, falling down on his face, he will worship God and report that God is truly among you.
YES!!!!

Old 06-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Pot Stirrer

Keith, this story will sound far fetched to a lot of
people. however, my brother and I was just talking
about the gifts of the spirit the other day and he was
telling me that God works with all of your 5 sense to
reveal things in the spirit, even smell, taste, and of
course emotion
Old 06-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Registered Member

Awesome.
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln