Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Registered Member

mark them

romans 16;17 Now i beseech you brethren, mark them which cause divisions, and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned and avoid them. just where do we draw the line
Old 02-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Registered Member

Re: mark them

Are you kidding...there's a line in being a believer? Seems like it's popular to draw the line just shy of Hitler, Judas and Obama. Everyone else gets in by grace...
Old 02-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob McKee View Post
Are you kidding...there's a line in being a believer? Seems like it's popular to draw the line just shy of Hitler, Judas and Obama. Everyone else gets in by grace...
rob what are your thoughts on this scripture honestly
Old 02-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

hopin someone would answer soon
Old 02-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Registered Member

There are certainly those who stay within a certain organization or church who agree with almost nothing they teach and do nothing but try and tear down everything around them.

If you do NOT agree with a given org's policies my advice is to just leave! Some will say "Well I have loved ones that I want to reach!", to which I say you can still talk to your loved ones and try to convince them of anything you want, but do not play the part of a saboteur and stay in the org/church for the purpose of ruining it.

If your going to plunge the figurative knife into someone, don't do it from behind! Do it from the front where you and everyone is visible!
Old 02-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
There are certainly those who stay within a certain organization or church who agree with almost nothing they teach and do nothing but try and tear down everything around them.

If you do NOT agree with a given org's policies my advice is to just leave! Some will say "Well I have loved ones that I want to reach!", to which I say you can still talk to your loved ones and try to convince them of anything you want, but do not play the part of a saboteur and stay in the org/church for the purpose of ruining it.

If your going to plunge the figurative knife into someone, don't do it from behind! Do it from the front where you and everyone is visible!
interesting,
Old 02-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Registered Member

I think if you disagreed with the apostles on anything they said they would draw a line there.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:23 AM
Loren Adkins

You mean mark them if they bring division and different teachings, like the early Pentecostals of the early 1900's that began to teach you were not save unless you received the holy ghost with evidnece of speaking with tongues. And were not saved if you had not been baptized having the specific name of Jesus spoken over you by a preist or official preacher officiating. Or maybe you were not saved if you did not obey the official organizations or church pastors personal veiw on what his standards of holiness were.

I don't know I think the pot is calling the kettle black.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

In my opinion:

There is only one Church, God's Church, the Body of Christ, and it is made up of all who have believed in the death burial and resurrection of Jesus.

Those who cause divisions are those who:
1. either gather a little group around them and anathemize all others who do not belong to that organization/denomination/union
or
2. add requirements for salvation such as being baptized in water, speaking with tongues, being water baptized with certain words spoken during the ritual, requiring certain dress codes, etc. and regarding all who do not accept and conform to these extra-biblical requirements as not being saved.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 02-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithit166 View Post
romans 16;17 Now i beseech you brethren, mark them which cause divisions, and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned and avoid them. just where do we draw the line
After reading the verse it's look like a bunch of fat guys with an education hanging around christian people. Looks like the christians are working in the service of the Lord and the fat guys are just doing a lot of talking..

Last edited by Austin; 02-28-2011 at 11:05 AM.