Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-15-2021, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...53024.amp.html

Tony Spell, being Tony Spell. Because who else is gonna do it.
Question: you’re on your private property and an aggressive predator is seen near your family, what do you do?

Spell wasn’t “hunting” anything. He was on private property and killed a predator that could have harmed his family or members of the church.
Old 06-15-2021, 12:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Question: you’re on your private property and an aggressive predator is seen near your family, what do you do?

Spell wasn’t “hunting” anything. He was on private property and killed a predator that could have harmed his family or members of the church.
If you think I was being critical of Tony Spell, I beg to differ. I wasn’t in any way criticizing him, I was just reporting. In his place I would have possibly done the same thing, but I probably would have called the game warden and requested that they remove the threat. I’m certainly not anti hunting. I’m a hunter myself.

So if you take my statement to be critical, maybe you read into it something that wasn’t there.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:02 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...53024.amp.html

Tony Spell, being Tony Spell. Because who else is gonna do it.
So if an alligator is threatening you, you're commanded to just let the goobermint deal with it? Sounds about right.

Why do you need a gun? Just call the police!

Why do you need to shoot the gator that's threatening your wife? Just call animal control!
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
So if an alligator is threatening you, you're commanded to just let the goobermint deal with it? Sounds about right.

Why do you need a gun? Just call the police!

Why do you need to shoot the gator that's threatening your wife? Just call animal control!
The reason you need a gun is because ducks are so aggressive these days. Of course, if you were truly spiritual you could just pray that they fall into your blind. Or maybe even skip that step and pray for them to fall right into your plate with dressing and gravy on the side.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
The reason you need a gun is because ducks are so aggressive these days. Of course, if you were truly spiritual you could just pray that they fall into your blind. Or maybe even skip that step and pray for them to fall right into your plate with dressing and gravy on the side.

Time to break out the grill, I have a feeling bacon is just going to show up any minute now.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:57 PM
Registered Member

I remember an Evangelist that when I first got into the church spoke of what happens when an aggressive agitator came up to him. He said he didn't get in the man's face or threaten him in the same form; he said I would rebuke him in Jesus' name.

Oh well. Some believe, some don't.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

Could someone please fill me in?
Old 06-15-2021, 02:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Could someone please fill me in?
Sure. Tony Spell shot an alligator, I believe on the church property, which is where he lives in the parsonage. There is evidently a pond on the premises. Maybe the alligator was in the pond. So he has been charged with a few indiscretions. I posted a link that tells what all he has been charged with. Anyway, that’s the condensed version.
Old 06-15-2021, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post

Time to break out the grill, I have a feeling bacon is just going to show up any minute now.
I have had duck gumbo that wasn’t bad at all. I certainly wouldn’t turn it down.

Alligator gumbo? I’m not sure. But I’d try it once.

Last edited by Tithesmeister; 06-15-2021 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-15-2021, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I remember an Evangelist that when I first got into the church spoke of what happens when an aggressive agitator came up to him. He said he didn't get in the man's face or threaten him in the same form; he said I would rebuke him in Jesus' name.

Oh well. Some believe, some don't.
Seems like sound advice to me. I've had people get in my face and never even considered reaching for my firearm. Just a few weeks ago, I was in my truck at a stoplight, and some random guy walking across the street started yelling at me and ranting about how he was the "son of Chapo". I didn't see him as a danger and didn't even think about reaching for my firearm, despite it being right there on my hip. He was definitely insane, but I didn't feel threatened by him.

Just because I carry, doesn't mean I'm looking for a reason to pull it. I have it as a last resort to protect myself or others. Aggressive behavior doesn't mean I'm going to pull my firearm, but I draw the line at violent and murderous behavior.