Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Honorary Admin

I think most here realize that I am raising three girls pretty much on my own... they mean everything to me... they are the three amigos My oldest just turned 18... and I have a 15 and 16 year old.

There has been certain circumstances that brings another precious girl into our life.. some have asked how in the world will I feed another kid... well, I guess with the help of the Lord, all things are possible.

In December, the cousin of my ex husband died an untimely death.... she was only 42 and left two children ages two and ten... both girls. (my girls paternal grandmother and these childrens maternal grandfather are siblings)

My family has been around the family for years because my dad was pastor of the mother at times and also the extended family.

Two weeks ago, the older sibling (age 25) of the two little girls sent the girls to Indiana because she didn't want to care for them anymore. She took custody at the time of their mom's death but family has been fearful of how they were living. I am not sure of the extent of the conditions that the girls have been living... but it wasn't good. I do believe God was protecting them though... he had plans for them.

This past Sunday, my sister took the girls and on Tues, after praying about it... Breauna Hope came to stay with us. I enrolled her in school on Thursday and she is settling in our house just fine. The two year old is living with my sister, and for those who know us realize the girls will be together all the time... my sister is single and we spend weekends together.

I will share more pictures as we take them (we will after church tomorrow) but I do have this little picture taken by Bekah my youngest.

So... now I have 4 girls living here... and I just thought my house looked like a girls dormitory... I probably haven't seen anything yet.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Ronzo

Re: New Addition to my family

You're a good woman, sis.

I'll be praying for you!

Old 03-08-2008, 07:25 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverBlessed View Post
I think most here realize that I am raising three girls pretty much on my own... they mean everything to me... they are the three amigos My oldest just turned 18... and I have a 15 and 16 year old.

There has been certain circumstances that brings another precious girl into our life.. some have asked how in the world will I feed another kid... well, I guess with the help of the Lord, all things are possible.

In December, the cousin of my ex husband died an untimely death.... she was only 42 and left two children ages two and ten... both girls. (my girls paternal grandmother and these childrens maternal grandfather are siblings)

My family has been around the family for years because my dad was pastor of the mother at times and also the extended family.

Two weeks ago, the older sibling (age 25) of the two little girls sent the girls to Indiana because she didn't want to care for them anymore. She took custody at the time of their mom's death but family has been fearful of how they were living. I am not sure of the extent of the conditions that the girls have been living... but it wasn't good. I do believe God was protecting them though... he had plans for them.

This past Sunday, my sister took the girls and on Tues, after praying about it... Breauna Hope came to stay with us. I enrolled her in school on Thursday and she is settling in our house just fine. The two year old is living with my sister, and for those who know us realize the girls will be together all the time... my sister is single and we spend weekends together.

I will share more pictures as we take them (we will after church tomorrow) but I do have this little picture taken by Bekah my youngest.

So... now I have 4 girls living here... and I just thought my house looked like a girls dormitory...

[/IMG]
WOW you are awesome!
Old 03-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Honorary Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzo View Post
You're a good woman, sis.

I'll be praying for you!

Thank you... I always need prayers.. Please do though keep Breauna in your prayers, she has lost her mom, the only stability she had and both girls have just been shuffled around.

We are praying that God heals her little heart and she becomes a woman of strong faith someday...
Old 03-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Registered Member

That's awesome, FB. I know you will enjoy having the addition to your family as much as she will enjoy being with you.

Can I ask - where is the father of these girls? Is he not in the picture? I know it's none of my business. I'm just curious why he doesn't have them.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Good for you! Unusual circumstances brought this about but I know God will turn it into a blessing for all!
Old 03-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Ronzo

Quote:
Thank you... I always need prayers.. Please do though keep Breauna in your prayers, she has lost her mom, the only stability she had and both girls have just been shuffled around.

We are praying that God heals her little heart and she becomes a woman of strong faith someday...
Will do.

I'll be praying your family is an integral part of that healing process as well.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Honorary Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
WOW you are awesome!
well, I don't think awesome... I just prayed and couldn't get away from the fact that it is what God wanted me to do... those who know me realize I am a passionate mom.. I love my girls and I'm sure there is room for one more.

The scriptures that kept coming to me as I was praying, was the scripture Matthew 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

To me, it was the right thing to do.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Quote:

So... now I have 4 girls living here... and I just thought my house looked like a girls dormitory...

[/IMG]
Sis. Lisa,

What an adorable picture of your Bekah (She looks like you), and Breauna
Hope, Both look so precious. I have a feeling that what you have done will
not only be a blessing to the little one, but will add much joy and happiness
to your girls.

My youngest sister, who was born when I was eighteen was such a joy to
me, and when she was two and a half yrs. old, I had my firstborn, a daugh-
ter. The two grew up together in our family and also in church. Dad was the
pastor. Today they are still very close. Just like sisters!

When our youngest son was ten, our oldest daughter and husband had a
son, and Brent enjoyed his little nephew so much.

I have a feeling those little girls that God sent your way, will be a great
blessing to you, your sister and your daughters.

May God richly bless you all, in Jesus Name!

Falla39
Old 03-08-2008, 07:41 PM
delete account

Foreverblessed,

She is blessed to have you...you have such a kind, and tender heart.

Blessings, Rhoni