Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-06-2007, 07:17 AM
deacon blues deacon blues is offline
Pride of the Neighborhood


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,166
15th Biennial North American Youth Congress Daily Report

We embark on our journey today for Charlotte, NC to NAYC at 1 pm with 20 youth and young adults from our church. We will visit Gatlinburg, TN today and Tuesday, then head for Charlotte Wednesday.

I will be filing the "Daily Report" beginning today with the latest information from what has become the UPCI's largest event. It was estimated that 20,000attended in Columbus in '05.

So all you faithful posters can stay right here on WAFF for all of your NAYC news and updates.

I'm Deacon Blues
for WAFF
Charlotte, NC

Katie?
__________________

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-08-2007, 01:21 PM
ILUVHIM ILUVHIM is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 48
Does anyone know if the services from the NAYC will be streamed ONLINE???
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Jack Shephard's Avatar
Jack Shephard Jack Shephard is offline
Strange in a Strange Land...


 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Island
Posts: 5,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
We embark on our journey today for Charlotte, NC to NAYC at 1 pm with 20 youth and young adults from our church. We will visit Gatlinburg, TN today and Tuesday, then head for Charlotte Wednesday.

I will be filing the "Daily Report" beginning today with the latest information from what has become the UPCI's largest event. It was estimated that 20,000attended in Columbus in '05.

So all you faithful posters can stay right here on WAFF for all of your NAYC news and updates.

I'm Deacon Blues
for WAFF
Charlotte, NC

Katie?

One of my favorite places. I was raised for the first 20 yrs of my life in Knoxville, about 40 miles away. Love the G-burg! Get some of the fresh mad taffy, beautifully done.
__________________
"If we don't learn to live together we're gonna die alone"
Jack Shephard.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Hesetmefree238 Hesetmefree238 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 407
My daughter left with our church youth group yesterday. They arrived in
Charlotte this afternoon. I am sure they will have a great time.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Truly Blessed Truly Blessed is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTULLOCK View Post
One of my favorite places. I was raised for the first 20 yrs of my life in Knoxville, about 40 miles away. Love the G-burg! Get some of the fresh mad taffy, beautifully done.
I love Gatlinburg also! I would love to go back there some time with some money to spend. When we were there we were missionaries on a very tight budget.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-08-2007, 11:02 PM
CC1's Avatar
CC1 CC1 is offline
Administrator


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16,840
So where is the daily report from Youth Congress????
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-08-2007, 11:03 PM
CC1's Avatar
CC1 CC1 is offline
Administrator


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Blessed View Post
I love Gatlinburg also! I would love to go back there some time with some money to spend. When we were there we were missionaries on a very tight budget.
If you make it to Gatlinburg before I make it to your area be sure and let me know. I would gladly drive four hours to get to fellowship with you and Felicity (and see Gatlinburg of course).
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-09-2007, 06:14 AM
deacon blues deacon blues is offline
Pride of the Neighborhood


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,166
Okay folks, sorry for the delay. Its been non stop since we started.

We arrived at G-burg about 12:00 midnight on Mon/Tues. There were lots of Pennys all over the place! Lots of folks had the same idea: spend a few days of fun at G-burg before NAYC. We met some kids from Witchita Falls, TX, Deleware, OH and some folks from Louisiana. We went to one of the outley malls (as if we had not packed too much already) and then we all split up to do our own thing. My family and another chaperone went to the Ripley's Aquarium.

The drive through the Smoky Mountains was beautiful and not very long from G-burg on Wednesday. We arrived in Charlotte at about 3:30 pm and checked in to the hotel. Pentecostals everywhere. We got down to Bobcats Arena at about 6:30 pm, registered, and got seats in the "nose bleed" section.

The service began with a cool "countdown video" that gave the appearance that we were running in a race on a track in one lane. Every so often a scripture relative to the idea of running the race, fighting the good fight, etc. As the countdown wound down to zero the finish line came into view. By that time kids were screaming and cheering when the NAYC Praise Band came in with "I Am Free" led by Jonathan Dean. Powerful music, powerful worship. The stage is set in the middle of arena, so there is not a bad seat in the place.

The band was all dressed in casual, jeans, untucked shirts, jackets over collared shirts, etc. All male, all talented, all very worshipful. I can't remember seeing an Apostolic band worship more with the music at any venue. They certainly were NOT performing for the kids----they were for the King!

Todd Gaddy greeted the YC, he and all the preachers and singers were dressed in full Sunday best.

More later, I've got to do a donut run for our youth group!
__________________

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-09-2007, 07:45 AM
CC1's Avatar
CC1 CC1 is offline
Administrator


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
Okay folks, sorry for the delay. Its been non stop since we started.

We arrived at G-burg about 12:00 midnight on Mon/Tues. There were lots of Pennys all over the place! Lots of folks had the same idea: spend a few days of fun at G-burg before NAYC. We met some kids from Witchita Falls, TX, Deleware, OH and some folks from Louisiana. We went to one of the outley malls (as if we had not packed too much already) and then we all split up to do our own thing. My family and another chaperone went to the Ripley's Aquarium.

The drive through the Smoky Mountains was beautiful and not very long from G-burg on Wednesday. We arrived in Charlotte at about 3:30 pm and checked in to the hotel. Pentecostals everywhere. We got down to Bobcats Arena at about 6:30 pm, registered, and got seats in the "nose bleed" section.

The service began with a cool "countdown video" that gave the appearance that we were running in a race on a track in one lane. Every so often a scripture relative to the idea of running the race, fighting the good fight, etc. As the countdown wound down to zero the finish line came into view. By that time kids were screaming and cheering when the NAYC Praise Band came in with "I Am Free" led by Jonathan Dean. Powerful music, powerful worship. The stage is set in the middle of arena, so there is not a bad seat in the place.

The band was all dressed in casual, jeans, untucked shirts, jackets over collared shirts, etc. All male, all talented, all very worshipful. I can't remember seeing an Apostolic band worship more with the music at any venue. They certainly were NOT performing for the kids----they were for the King!

Todd Gaddy greeeted the YC, he and allthe preachers and singers were dressed in full Sunday best.

More later, I've got to do a donut run for our youth group!
Sounds cool and also like one more rationale for the ultra cons to leave the UPC. Look what the world has come to. No respect for God. Shirtails untucked and jeans!!! Don't want that mentality making its way back to the home church so obviously this event has to be boycotted.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-09-2007, 07:50 AM
freeatlast's Avatar
freeatlast freeatlast is offline
the ultracon


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: smack dab in da middle
Posts: 4,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Sounds cool and also like one more rationale for the ultra cons to leave the UPC. Look what the world has come to. No respect for God. Shirtails untucked and jeans!!! Don't want that mentality making its way back to the home church so obviously this event has to be boycotted.
Oh no!! Remember the uproar Agape made last year in his post over the brochures the upc put out with preachers in casual clothing....and oh my word and preachers not being addressed as "Brother"

We are on that slippery slope.
__________________
God has lavished his love upon me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
North American Merger? jwharv Fellowship Hall 9 07-26-2007 11:19 PM
National Youth Congress - You going?? SDG The D.A.'s Office 103 07-25-2007 09:44 AM
Giuliani, the NAFTA/North american Union front man Eliseus The Newsroom 1 05-16-2007 06:13 PM
Report From North Trip. Bro Alvear Jr. Rev. Raul Alvear Jr Missions Area 3 02-24-2007 07:33 AM
North Trip Report Bro Alvear Jr. Rev. Raul Alvear Jr Missions Area 5 02-21-2007 08:34 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Amanah

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.