Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Haunted Houses

Do you believe in haunted houses?

Have you ever been in one?

What in your opinion would be considered a haunted house?
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Banned

Re: Haunted Houses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Do you believe in haunted houses?

Have you ever been in one?

What in your opinion would be considered a haunted house?
I do believe there are places where dark spirits are active. I've walked into places where, figuratively, the hair would stand up on my head, and you could sense a dark presence (or maybe more than one) in the area. I'm not sure if there is a constant and specific dwelling place for them though, maybe so, but I'm not sure about it.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Registered Member

We toured the Bird Cage theater in Tombstone a few weeks ago. It is one of the single most haunted places in America, but I felt zilch, spirit wise, as I walked through. From a historical perspective it was a fascinating place!

But, do I believe places (houses or outdoor spots) can be haunted? Yes.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:45 PM
General Overseer, A.F.N.

I do believe that places can be "haunted" by demonic spirits. I have dealt with many cases of it, most recently last week. I dont believe in ghost or residual human entities, I believe that each case is demonic but very real.
Apostolic is an understanding that God has finally and completely revealed Himself to all mankind through His incarnation as Jesus Christ. He has revealed to all a way of life, love and forgiveness that leads to a right relationship with Him and with each other.

~Repairing the Apostolic Church, Apostle W. Carey & Bishop N. Morales
Old 04-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Our house before the one we are in now was haunted. Made fun of my wife for seeing the "ghost" or whatever until I did myself. Don't have time to post all of the happenings now but will try to later.

Interestingly if dead people haunt a house it ought to be our current home since the original owner was murdered in the master bedroom.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 04-15-2013, 02:42 PM
Banned

It is written,
Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
However, if we pay close attention, we'll realize that the judgment hasn't taken place yet. We know that the saved are carried by the angels into the presence of the LORD. However, the Bible doesn't say much about the souls of the lost. We know that the rich man found himself in torments. However, is it possible that a lost soul be "abandoned" to roam the earlthy plane? It's "possible".

Also, when dealing with occult spiritism we read something interesting regarding the witch that conjured up the spirit of Samuel,

1 Samuel 28:11-14
11 Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And he said, Bring me up Samuel.
12 And when the woman saw Samuel, she cried with a loud voice: and the woman spake to Saul, saying, Why hast thou deceived me? for thou art Saul.
13 And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth.
14 And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man cometh up; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself.
That word "gods" is, "'elohiym", a term used for "spirits", angels, etc. in ancient Israel. Essentially, when she opened the "door" between the realm of the living and the realm of the dead... the witch saw other spirits rushing into our world. Thus, when a witch opens a door to communiate with the dead it is possible that a "door" is opened in the spiritual plane that might allow human spirits to wander back into this world and seek out the home in which they lived prior to death.

A second type of "haunting" is a residual haunting. This is like a "replay" of events. The "ghosts" appear to be stuck in a loop. It appears that whatever happened was so intense, a spiritual (or psychic) impression was burned into the location that replays. Some think these spirits don't know they are dead and are somehow "stuck" in a constant loop reliving their death.

The final kind of haunting is connected to the possession of a home. A demon spirit might take up residence to oppress and finally possess an occupant. They might even impersonate the dead (familiar spirit).

All are adequately dealt through casting out in Jesus name.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:42 PM
Banned

We have a hotel up here, the Hotel Colorado, that def has spirits--I think you might even youtube some video evidence. There is a room that they simply cannot rent for the infestation; a room where your bags will be unpacked, clothes all arranged properly, and re-tidied while you are there, if you are liked, but if you are not, every time you return, your bags will be packed and by the door! Many people have reported the smell of cigars, a fave of the original owner, some famous guy, at the front desk, when no smoker is around. The most famous of the haunts there is apparently some young girl, seen playing with a ball in the upper hallways; I say famous, but this is virtually all word-of-mouth stuff, tho on youtube, too, but the hotel is quite lo-key about it! Hmm!
Old 04-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Banned

Yes, I have a testimony about a recent event in the prayer closet.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:27 PM
friendly to the sinners

My wife and I went to Jamaica and toured "The Great House" a supposed haunted house. Felt, seen and heard nothing. In fact, the house I grew up in had a lot of paranormal activity, nothing seen just lots of things felt and heard in the middle of the night. I concluded then it was demonic and what was sent to me in the middle of the night to intimidate and observe me, taught me the authority a christian has over the enemy. I have some crazy experiences, maybe share some other time.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Banned

I do enjoy occasionally hiding in a closet and grabbing my wife's arm when she reaches in for her clothes. I'm not sure if she believes in ghosts or not, but let me just say that the activity which follows wouldn't be classified as paranormal activity.