Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-04-2021, 10:59 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I’m going to have to look up who Darrell Brooks is. I’m sorry.
What?

Brother, this thread you are currently posting in, is all about him.

Watch the videos.
Old 12-04-2021, 11:02 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
In reference to the bolded statement you’re saying that we shouldn’t hold the old covenant laws over to the new covenant. Just to be clear the government is who is doing so. And you think it’s horribly wrong.

I detect hypocrisy of biblical proportions. YOU believe in tithing, which is another of the old covenant laws. It is never endorsed after the crucifixion. YOU, and other preachers (not the government) are the ones who drag it forward, around the cross and load it on the backs of the sheeple like seasoned Pharisees who bore the wrath of our Savior.

WOE unto you and the other “hypocrites” that Jesus was so angry with. You are all about leaving the old covenant behind the cross . . .

Until it affects your pocketbook. Jesus called it the leaven of the Pharisees. The disciples thought he was speaking of bread. He enlightened them. No, I am talking about their hypocrisy.

What do you have to say for yourself?

Do you think the tithe doctrine is Jesus approved?

I’d really appreciate an answer, instead of you ducking and running . . .

Like you ALWAYS do.
Well, I guess you earned the name Tithemaster.
Old 12-04-2021, 11:06 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
In todays standards, absolutely not!

I don’t believe a preacher or minister should be rich or living high off the hog on the back on the church. If you have a calling for a specific ministry God will supply your needs. Understand Tithemeister that is my conviction I’m not going to debate you about what other preachers do.
You don’t believe in accepting tithes?
Old 12-04-2021, 11:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
In todays standards, absolutely not!

I don’t believe a preacher or minister should be rich or living high off the hog on the back on the church. If you have a calling for a specific ministry God will supply your needs. Understand Tithemeister that is my conviction I’m not going to debate you about what other preachers do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
You don’t believe in accepting tithes?
I know. It’s news to me IF he doesn’t personally believe in accepting tithes as pastor. I’m pretty sure he has specifically said so in the past.

Aaaand I’m sure that tithing is an old covenant law.

Not to say that he couldn’t repent from his wicked ways. Miracles still happen.
Old 12-04-2021, 12:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
What?

Brother, this thread you are currently posting in, is all about him.

Watch the videos.
The videos were not showing up.

I apologize for not knowing the gentlemen's name that this thread is about.
I also have not been keeping up with the news lately.
Old 12-04-2021, 12:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I know. It’s news to me IF he doesn’t personally believe in accepting tithes as pastor. I’m pretty sure he has specifically said so in the past.

Aaaand I’m sure that tithing is an old covenant law.

Not to say that he couldn’t repent from his wicked ways. Miracles still happen.
I do agree with Bro. Benincasa, you have definitely earned your forum name.

I have been consistent on my views with tithes on this forum, now I will say I have been looking at tithe and offering in a different way the last 6 months or so. Im not going to go into detail. I have said since the beginning I don't believe tithe is a heaven or hell issue. Ive also said if the church desires to give the pastor 10% of their finances that's is up to them. Ive also said I personally don't believe in a part time ministry, and like myself I have supported the pastor through my finances so that he didn't have to have a full time job.
Old 12-04-2021, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

Talking Re: Car Crashes Through a Parade in Wisconsin?

Quote:
I do agree with Bro. Benincasa, you have definitely earned your forum name.
I’m so glad you and EB can agree on something. I take it as a compliment from you both. The name means tithes teacher. It’s what I do.

Quote:
I have been consistent on my views with tithes on this forum,
Yes you have been consistent. I agree with you on that. Consistently wrong according to all available scripture but consistent nonetheless.

Quote:
now I will say I have been looking at tithe and offering in a different way the last 6 months or so. Im not going to go into detail. I have said since the beginning I don't believe tithe is a heaven or hell issue.
Sincere congratulations. It is important to have a heart that can be softened by the word of God.

Quote:
Ive also said if the church desires to give the pastor 10% of their finances that's is up to them.
I agree with you about this. If they want to give ten percent of their money to the pastor or their child or their local politician or whomever, that is their business. However the problem that I have is when the pastor twists the word of God and says he is entitled to ten percent of their money (which is NEVER tithed in the Bible anywhere). My problem you see is with false teaching. And it is SOMETIMES taught that it is IMPOSSIBLE to be saved unless they tithe.

Quote:
Ive also said I personally don't believe in a part time ministry,
You would obviously disagree with Paul on this subject if you are implying that a pastor or other minister should not hold a secular job.

Quote:
and like myself I have supported the pastor through my finances so that he didn't have to have a full time job.
It sounds like you were a victim of false teaching. Don’t victimize others just because you were victimized.

I believe we would agree that ALL drunkards are lost . It’s pretty easy to support that doctrine with scripture.

1Cor.6

[10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Drunkards shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Pretty straightforward. It’s there in black and white. Out of five listed sins being a drunkard will keep you out of the kingdom.

But what about preachers who steal money from their people that they are supposed to be serving?

What about pastors who covet the saints money soooo much that they have fabricated a whole doctrine to justify taking money from Jesus’ very own church? It seems to be almost the same thing that provoked Jesus to take a whip and clean out the temple.

What about increasingly brazen pastors who contradict Jesus when He said salvation was a free gift, and they contend that it is impossible to be saved unless you pay them ten percent of your gross wage?

Well, that’s just gross! Aaaand it’s also extortion!

So let’s look at that verse again.

1Cor.6

[10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Pastors need to be very careful. Because, he that would be rich falls into many temptations. Including twisting scripture and teaching false doctrine.

I teach that thieves (even preachers who are stealing tithes) nor the covetous (even pastors who are coveting money to which they are not entitled) nor extortionists (even pastors who are extorting tithes from their members by telling them they will be lost unless they “voluntarily” give them ten percent) are lost! Aaaand they need to be preached to on the subject.

But I’m not gonna preach or anything.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:29 PM
New User

This is now a tithe thread. Ok.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
I’m glad you approve.
Old 12-04-2021, 07:07 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Quote:
The name means tithes teacher. It’s what I do.
He is an ecclesiastical one trick pony.

Hey Titheweaver, there is only about five people who post here. We all know your song. You think you might want to change up your play list.