Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-30-2021, 10:15 PM
Registered Member

Re: Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
Unitarians believe and teach Jesus was not God, nor shall he ever be God. Incarnationists teach Jesus was God in the ovaries/womb(flesh). The Apostles taught Jesus was made God after his God raised him from the dead VIA the Col 2:9 effect on his body. At that point, Jesus was made a Divinity filled quickening human spirit(AKA God). Jesus and the Apostles spoke of Jesus' God often, which incarnationists disagree and mentally(subconsciously) reinterpret these passages when they read them.
So you repeat the Devil's lie to Eve that man shall be God. (Just like Sean.)

(Sean, is your wife's name Rene, and you get her to type whenever you're asked if it's Sean, as if that is avoiding lying. Lol?)

You're Adoptionist, then. Not oneness.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 05-01-2021, 07:18 AM
Banned

My name is Rene. Anyway, you folks teach God will be like man. God became man, God took on humanity, God has a human nature, God humbled Himself to wicked man and devils, God is 100% man, etc. The devil works through the RCC quite well sir.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mont.preterist View Post
My friend, it has been years since we corresponded.

What happened that you would go that direction? The last we spoke you were either in south america or UAE teaching ESL classes. What in the world happened?

PM if you want to.
Perhaps you're under a different name? Your username isn't ringing a bell but perhaps it's just been awhile.

Last edited by seguidordejesus; 05-01-2021 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
When people refer to tradition, they think that Jesus words about Spirit guiding us into all truth as well as that we would believe on him through his disciples' words, are referring to Generations after the apostles, as though there's some kind of succession they inherited it. But Jesus was strictly talking about those 12. The foundation-layers were those 12, which is why the apostles' names are on the foundation of the New Jerusalem and there's not more than 12 of them. Paul said that he was faithful to give the full counsel of God. So, doctrines like the Trinity and everything else that, for example, you would believe in, that aren't in the Bible, just aren't from God.

I know you don't want to debate because it's assumed everybody knows both sides. But I'm just thinking you may not have heard that response before.
I guess those Apostles were pretty bad at teaching then but I haven't heard that precise explanation.

And I would disagree that the Trinity is not in the Bible, obviously, but thanks for the food for thought.