Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-31-2021, 10:04 AM
Registered Member

Re: The Workings of God Through Humanity.

This past week a pastor received a txt from a couple that has just started coming to church. The txt stated that a friend of there's was just diagnosed with covid/pneumonia and she was worried for her baby. They asked this preacher if he would be willing to pray for them? He and his agreed to go. Well the lady that was sick contacted him and asked for him not to come, she appreciated the fact that they were willing. Yet, 10 minutes later, she contacted him again and said for them to please come, in just those 10 minutes her sickness grew worse! The preacher and his wife went and he prayed for them, calling on the name of Jesus rebuked the sickness. That women was healed, the preacher and his wife didn't receive covid while going there and praying for her.

We can dwell on the negative, we can dwell on sicknesses, vaccinated or not. Yet, let us not forget we serve a God that has promised us the sick will be healed, the dead will be raised to life, sinners will be filled with the Holy Ghost. Its a great time to be in a intimate relationship with Jesus.
Old 10-31-2021, 04:26 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
This past week a pastor received a txt from a couple that has just started coming to church. The txt stated that a friend of there's was just diagnosed with covid/pneumonia and she was worried for her baby. They asked this preacher if he would be willing to pray for them? He and his agreed to go. Well the lady that was sick contacted him and asked for him not to come, she appreciated the fact that they were willing. Yet, 10 minutes later, she contacted him again and said for them to please come, in just those 10 minutes her sickness grew worse! The preacher and his wife went and he prayed for them, calling on the name of Jesus rebuked the sickness. That women was healed, the preacher and his wife didn't receive covid while going there and praying for her.

We can dwell on the negative, we can dwell on sicknesses, vaccinated or not. Yet, let us not forget we serve a God that has promised us the sick will be healed, the dead will be raised to life, sinners will be filled with the Holy Ghost. Its a great time to be in a intimate relationship with Jesus.
Did the preacher wear a face mask, practice social distancing, and throw oil on her from 6 feet away?
Old 10-31-2021, 04:28 PM
New User

Quote:
It doesn't matter where we are, we can minister. The Lord can use us to minister in Wal Mart, on the street corner, or even at an airport terminal. Let us become sensitive to the Spirit.
Don’t forget, Cracker Barrel.
Old 10-31-2021, 08:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Did the preacher wear a face mask, practice social distancing, and throw oil on her from 6 feet away?
None of the above.

No different than the missionary that laid hands on men and women with leprosy and everyone of them where healed.
Old 10-31-2021, 08:59 PM
Registered Member

A man was attending his church's revival service in a small town in northern Wisconsin. I don't remember while I was talking to him about this miracle if he said, the stroke happened at church, or at his home. Yet, during the week long revival he suffered a stroke, and was brought to the local hospital. The pastor and evangelist went to the hospital to pray for him, the man told the pastor he didn't want to miss any services. They prayed for him, and that night he was back at the revival meeting completely healed! He was running the isles of the church, rejoicing and praising God. I remember interviewing him about this miracle, you could feel the anointing as he was telling me about how bad he wanted to be in church, and not laid out on some hospital bed.

God is an awesome God!
Old 10-31-2021, 10:25 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
A man was attending his church's revival service in a small town in northern Wisconsin. I don't remember while I was talking to him about this miracle if he said, the stroke happened at church, or at his home. Yet, during the week long revival he suffered a stroke, and was brought to the local hospital. The pastor and evangelist went to the hospital to pray for him, the man told the pastor he didn't want to miss any services. They prayed for him, and that night he was back at the revival meeting completely healed! He was running the isles of the church, rejoicing and praising God. I remember interviewing him about this miracle, you could feel the anointing as he was telling me about how bad he wanted to be in church, and not laid out on some hospital bed.

God is an awesome God!
That reminds me of an incident years ago at a camp meeting down in Kentucky. The wife of a minister (Michael Jordan, yes I made the joke about meeting Michael Jordan) was in her cabin curling her hair, when a lightning strike came through and zapped her through the curling iron. Not only did she survive, but she didn't even have singed hair.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 11-07-2021, 07:53 AM
Registered Member

A young man in the upper peninsula of Michigan was going through a hard time. Construction work was slim at this time of year, and therefore he had no money. He didn't want to go on unemployment, he wanted to believe in God. Yet, on a Monday evening he was up against a wall, he had no funds after he paid his bills for the month, and now had no money for food. He was praying in his living room when he heard a knock at the door. He opened the door and a lady was there asking if he would be willing to take a survey? He agreed and the survey lasted maybe 10 minutes, after she was done asking questions she handed him a $20 bill! Back then $20 went a long way especially being single. Needless to say he ate that night, God give us what we need and in the time we need it.
Old 11-07-2021, 07:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
That reminds me of an incident years ago at a camp meeting down in Kentucky. The wife of a minister (Michael Jordan, yes I made the joke about meeting Michael Jordan) was in her cabin curling her hair, when a lightning strike came through and zapped her through the curling iron. Not only did she survive, but she didn't even have singed hair.
That builds faith! We serve a God that knows what's going to happen to each and everyone of us before it does, and how he is going to protect us.
Old 11-07-2021, 08:03 AM
Registered Member

An evangelist from Canada was in the states driving to a revival service, he was a stretch on highway that he wasn't familiar with. He hadn't passed a gas station for sometime and the gas light was now lit on his dashboard, if I remember correctly he was in a very remote area I believe in Nevada on his way to Arizona. When he began to pray for God to give them the gas to make it to the next gas station. Friend, that gas needle went from "E" and the light on, to the needle pointing to the "F" and the light is now off. He drove another sixty to a hundred miles before seeing another gas station, as he entered the gas station and came next to a pump, the needle went back down to "E" and the gas light came back on!

God is present help in the time of trouble! Praise God
Old 11-07-2021, 08:23 AM
Registered Member

The late Elder Kilgore was starting a church in a town in Texas. In the first month there wasn't much of a response in bible studies and or in the church services, or street corners. He felt for him and his wife to pray and fast for a time. They went for thirty days and nights, in constant prayer and fasting, when he was sleeping she was praying, when she was sleeping, he was praying and the same with fasting. At the end of the prayer and fasting chain, he went to the church and the Lord told him to preach, he went up to the pulpit and began to preach with no-one in the building. Yet, on the outside people began crowding around the building hearing the preaching of this elder. As he called for an alter call, the man and women on the outside ran on the inside and started praying at the alter!

This story has touched me every time I heard it. Complete dedication, constant in prayer and fasting, seeking the face of God! Relying on the Spirit and not in our abilities.