Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
born, original sin, righteousness, salvation

Old 06-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Registered Member

Re: Original Sin/Ancestral Sin

A thought:
A SINNER is a SINNER because they Sin!!!!!!!!!!

He that committeth sin is of the devil. 1Jn.3:8

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth the law; sin is a transgression of the law. 1Jn.3:3

How can an infant who cannot chose or commit be a sinner?
Old 06-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
A child is not a sinner because a child does not have the knowledge of good and evil and cannot be accountable for its sins.
Seeing that you speak of "the knowledge of good and evil" we are dealing with the conscience. I believe EVERYONE is born with a conscience, even infants, in their case it is a weak conscience. I do not believe ANYONE is born without a conscience, even infants.

If someone sins ignorantly, are they not still accountable for sin though they sin ignorantly? God's answer is yes!

Quote:
(Leviticus 5:17) And IF A SOUL SIN, and commit any of these things which are forbidden to be done by the commandments of the LORD; THOUGH HE WIST IT NOT, YET IS HE GUILTY, AND SHALL BEAR HIS INIQUITY.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle View Post
Seeing that you speak of "the knowledge of good and evil" we are dealing with the conscience. I believe EVERYONE is born with a conscience, even infants, in their case it is a weak conscience. I do not believe ANYONE is born without a conscience, even infants.

If someone sins ignorantly, are they not still accountable for sin though they sin ignorantly? God's answer is yes!
Pray tell me WHAT SINS A INFANT commits ignorantly. Crying for a bottle?
Pooping in their diaper? Cooing for their mother?
Good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

I don't believe anyone is born without a conscience either. But neither are they born without a mind. Yet our minds grow in knowledge and understanding. We aren't born with all knowledge.

Is the knowledge of good and evil the conscience? And if it is when does the conscience wake up to sin or when do we begin to know the difference between right and wrong and when are we accountable for the choices we make? Surely not as a infant.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 06-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
A thought:
A SINNER is a SINNER because they Sin!!!!!!!!!!

He that committeth sin is of the devil. 1Jn.3:8

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth the law; sin is a transgression of the law. 1Jn.3:3

How can an infant who cannot chose or commit be a sinner?
Equally, a righteous person is someone that does righteousness.

(1 John 3:7) Little children, let no man deceive you: HE THAT DOES RIGHTEOUSNESS is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Infants do not do righteousness neither, therefore, by your same argument they are also not righteous because they have not done righteousness.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I don't believe anyone is born without a conscience either. But neither are they born without a mind. Yet our minds grow in knowledge and understanding.

Is the knowledge of good and evil the conscience? And if it is when does the conscience wake up to sin or when do we begin to know the difference between right and wrong? Surely not as a infant.
They have infants sinning and adults are given free passes on every issue?
Old 06-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Equally, a righteous person is someone that does righteousness.

(1 John 3:7) Little children, let no man deceive you: HE THAT DOES RIGHTEOUSNESS is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Infants do not do righteousness neither, therefore, by your same argument they are also not righteous because they have not done righteousness.
Innocence is NOT righteousness. These babies DO neither! Good grief they are babies.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Pray tell me WHAT SINS A INFANT commits ignorantly. Crying for a bottle?
Pooping in their diaper? Cooing for their mother?
Good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never said that an infant committed sins.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

YOU used this scripture and applied it to infants did you not?
Old 06-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Is the knowledge of good and evil the conscience?
Yes. Adam was an infant though he was a man. Adam had a conscience as an infant, even though he ignorant of his nakedness. He knew that he should not have eaten off the tree of mixed fruit. Praise God.

Quote:
And if it is when does the conscience wake up to sin or when do we begin to know the difference between right and wrong and when are we accountable for the choices we make? Surely not as a infant.
I believe we are accountable as soon as we sin (ignorant or not) beginning from birth.