Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Registered Member

There is no proof either way. No one in our generation has ever seen a copy of the original documents penned by the Apostles or early disciples.

It is logical however that since the disciples were Hebrew/Aramaic speakers they would speak to their kinsmen in the same. So I believe the earliest writings were in Hebrew/Aramaic. Can I prove it? No. Neither can Greek originals be proven. Speculated? Yes. Proven? No.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:12 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
There is no proof either way. No one in our generation has ever seen a copy of the original documents penned by the Apostles or early disciples.

It is logical however that since the disciples were Hebrew/Aramaic speakers they would speak to their kinsmen in the same. So I believe the earliest writings were in Hebrew/Aramaic. Can I prove it? No. Neither can Greek originals be proven. Speculated? Yes. Proven? No.
The first disciples might have been hebrew but the church was not all hebrew speakers nor were the gospels written during the time of Jesus's sojourn here. Luke was not a Hebrew. Paul wrote to a mostly Gentile church.

Considering the late dates of the gospels and the epistles It's very likely most of them were written in Greek since Greek was the common language of the Roman empire including Palestine. It was the language of commerce

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:08 AM
Registered Member

Re: Oneness Doctrine In The Aramaic New Testament

Quote:

While no one can prove what language the new testament was written in,
Jesus put his stamp on which language came 1st. Dave Bauscher has found hidden codes in the Aramaic original which verifies that aramaic came 1st.
These hidden codes can only be found by computer. Jesus foresaw the computer age. You can verify these codes for yourself by purchasing a codefinder. Check it out.
Old 09-17-2021, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

Man may not be able to confirm the original word of God. Too many versions and translations.
Jesus confirmed the original by imbedding within the original new testament spectacular statements that can only be found by modern computer using a codefinder.
This would be Jesus confirmation
that the aramaic version is the original New testament that you can rely on when the enemy attacks or you must lay your live down. Then get yourself a literal translation.
Old 09-17-2021, 08:07 PM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanalex View Post
Man may not be able to confirm the original word of God. Too many versions and translations.
Jesus confirmed the original by imbedding within the original new testament spectacular statements that can only be found by modern computer using a codefinder.
This would be Jesus confirmation
that the aramaic version is the original New testament that you can rely on when the enemy attacks or you must lay your live down. Then get yourself a literal translation.
Why would you trust “modern computer” invented by the enemy to prove Bible accuracy? Maybe the enemy is tricking you…
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 09-23-2021, 05:14 PM
Banned

Sounds like Bill Gates is the new translator?
Old 11-08-2021, 02:29 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
No. Neither can Greek originals be proven. Speculated? Yes. Proven? No.
I can prove that the New testament was originally written in Greek.

If we don't have the originals then we don't have anything. If Revelation was originally written in Hebrew or Aramaic then we both have some major problems. The whole argument of the Catholics that Peter is the first Pope doesn't hinge on the Greek. It hinges on the Aramaic. The problems are endless.
Old 11-08-2021, 02:32 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
The first disciples might have been hebrew but the church was not all hebrew speakers nor were the gospels written during the time of Jesus's sojourn here. Luke was not a Hebrew. Paul wrote to a mostly Gentile church.

Considering the late dates of the gospels and the epistles It's very likely most of them were written in Greek since Greek was the common language of the Roman empire including Palestine. It was the language of commerce
Old 11-20-2021, 08:12 AM
Registered Member

Flavius Josephus was an Isreali 1st century historian who wrote that greek was known by only a few of his countrymen. He wrote that he had to go to rome to learn it.
He wrote that aramaic was the language of our country. (isreal)

My brother told me that he heard that Lilith was the 1st wife of Adam and that this was in the bible. Checking google, I found out that this was part of Jewish folklore.
There is so much info on the internet, an inquirer can easily get drowned in info re; the bible and christianity.
I believe Jesus wanted to lead an honest inquirer to the original bible with these ELS hidden statements about the life of Jesus within the text so that the inquirer could easily find the true Word of God, get a literal translation in their own language and then be lead to Acts2;38 where they would learn of Jesus beautiful plan of salvation.
The odds of these hidden statements happening by chance are more than a million-trillion to 1. We can also trust his word no matter what the enemy throws at us.
Praise his wonderful name.
Old 11-20-2021, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanalex View Post
Flavius Josephus was an Isreali 1st century historian who wrote that greek was known by only a few of his countrymen. He wrote that he had to go to rome to learn it.
He wrote that aramaic was the language of our country. (isreal)

My brother told me that he heard that Lilith was the 1st wife of Adam and that this was in the bible. Checking google, I found out that this was part of Jewish folklore.
There is so much info on the internet, an inquirer can easily get drowned in info re; the bible and christianity.
I believe Jesus wanted to lead an honest inquirer to the original bible with these ELS hidden statements about the life of Jesus within the text so that the inquirer could easily find the true Word of God, get a literal translation in their own language and then be lead to Acts2;38 where they would learn of Jesus beautiful plan of salvation.
The odds of these hidden statements happening by chance are more than a million-trillion to 1. We can also trust his word no matter what the enemy throws at us.
Praise his wonderful name.
Greek was the NT language used by the Apostles to communicate with the gentiles. The NT scriptures were written to all mankind, not just Jews.