Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
dumb, foreign policy, obama, russia, weak

Old 08-28-2014, 11:16 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Re: I Don't Hate Obama BUT....

and I feel fine....wait....no I dont.On top of everything our military is being downsized...we have experienced officers for all intents and purposes being laid off.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:27 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
I hate that he's our President.

Russia has invaded Ukraine.

Thanks Obama for being perceived as weak.

Now we will either keep our word and defend Ukraine, which probably means action just short of full-blown war, or we will simply find a way to worm our way out of action.

I honestly do blame Republicans in part for their part in making the President look weak (just like I blamed the Democrats for their words and actions that appeared to undermine GWB).

Still, ultimately Russia acted now because now is the first time in history since the break up of the USSR that we have had a President with such a weak and impotent foreign policy.

Maybe Obama won't have a weak response. Maybe Russia's sputtering economy is driving their actions and maybe they think a war will help revive their own economy.

Whatever they're thinking, I hope Obama is thinking of a way to put these Russians back in their place-- and that, quickly.
It started before that with the Arab spring. Obama supported it.

That encouraged those Muslims that the US was going to help them (why I don't know)

Because of the uprising in Syria and Obama's foot in the mouth comments and inaction, it allowed a bigger stronger threat to emerge as ISIS.

Russia sees our President is a wimp in Foreign affairs. Russia sees our President is a buffoon who honestly thought he could reason with Iran.

China sees the same weakness.

Arab Spring. Egypt, Syria, ISIS, Libya, Iran, Russia and China. It's not funny but it's real.

On an alternate thought. Bush started this mess by removing Saddam. We need to realize that Muslims don't want real democracy.

Democracy to them means strict sharia law and persecution of Christians and the elevating of Terrorist political wings.

Democracy never worked there. As nasty as Saddam was, he never had this sort of problem before we decimated his army and removed him.

ISIS would never have stepped into Syria before the onslaught of a civil war. Now they can do it because it's so unstable.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:45 PM
Go Dodgers!

Can I change "Obama" to "OBooBoo"?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:55 AM
Yeshua is God

maybe obozo can go on another round of apologizing.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:16 AM
Banned

Because war will drain our already fragile economy.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
I think that there are several sides and factions right now that are doing anything and everything they can to draw the US back into a war. China is making advances that are provoking. The ISIS is working to provoke and attack US interests and using beheadings, and persecution of Christians and innocent civilians to seemingly push the US into doing something. We now have Putin invading the Ukraine, and we have Hamas provoking the Israelis and trying to draw America into a conflict there too. Why do you think this is?
Happy Birthday, KBTW!

I don't know why but now that I think about it, you're right. It seems that there are factions that are purposefully doing things to draw us back into an armed conflict with them.

If it is an armed conflict they want, maybe we should give it to them.

Then again, that approach probably isn't wise-- which could be why President Obama is doing what he can to keep America out of war.

You know, there is so much that the President knows that we don't.

Then, there is so much that the President doesn't know that the CIA does know.

The CIA and FBI-- what they say and don't say publicly, what the President says and then doesn't do, what he doesn't say publicly and then what he does-- maybe this part of America's strategy to keep those who wish us harm on their toes.

Then you have our Congress... smh.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:20 AM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Happy Birthday, KBTW!

I don't know why but now that I think about it, you're right. It seems that there are factions that are purposefully doing things to draw us back into an armed conflict with them.

If it is an armed conflict they want, maybe we should give it to them.

Then again, that approach probably isn't wise-- which could be why President Obama is doing what he can to keep America out of war.

You know, there is so much that the President knows that we don't.

Then, there is so much that the President doesn't know that the CIA does know.

The CIA and FBI-- what they say and don't say publicly, what the President says and then doesn't do, what he doesn't say publicly and then what he does-- maybe this part of America's strategy to keep those who wish us harm on their toes.

Then you have our Congress... smh.
Thanks for the birthday wishes JD

I'm sure there is a lot that all of us don't know. If we did, we might be digging a bunker underground. Yet, there are some things that we DO know that are very grave and serious, with signs warning of impending doom. Obama has spent more time on the golf course than he has dealing with the serious issues facing us. God help us all.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Thanks for the birthday wishes JD

I'm sure there is a lot that all of us don't know. If we did, we might be digging a bunker underground. Yet, there are some things that we DO know that are very grave and serious, with signs warning of impending doom. Obama has spent more time on the golf course than he has dealing with the serious issues facing us. God help us all.
That's not true and I just read an article not too long ago that shows that Obama has spent less time golfing/vacationing than other recent Presidents.

So much for fair and balanced conversation.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
That's not true and I just read an article not too long ago that shows that Obama has spent less time golfing/vacationing than other recent Presidents.

So much for fair and balanced conversation.
So much for checking facts. I'd check your source again, it's wrong.

Before we get into sources, I'll say this: I don't care that obama has gone golfing a bazillion times. He should be allowed to take a few hours here or there and relax.

The problem *isn't when he goes golfing. See, Bush went golfing and people criticized him because it was during the war. So what did Bush do? He promised, and followed through on it, to not golf again during the war.

Contrast that with obama, who gave fake sympathy to the family of a murdered journalist, then turned around and first went golfing and fist bumping, having a jolly old time. Then went to another fundraiser.

Even he admits the "optics look bad." Dur.

So the problem isn't him golfing, or even fundraising, the issue is when he does it.

Now for the sources...

Here's times and locations, showing obama's golfed 192 times (as of last update on 8/23/14) in his WH occupancy.

Link

Here's another article from 8/13/14 stating obama attended his 400th fundraiser and went golfing for his 186th time. Again, the first website says 192 as of 8/23, this website says 186 as of 8/13, so it's not like someone is just pulling a number out of a hat.

Bush, btw, went golfing 24 times.

TWENTY-FOUR. Now this is before Arne Duncan shoved Common Core Math into schools...but when I was growing up, 24 was less than 192+. I'm pretty sure even Common Core Math would admit that 24 is indeed less than 192+.

Link

Now, liberal sites like to ignore the 400+ fundraisers and nearly 200 tee times and focus on the difference in vacations for obama and Bush. They also like to stretch Bush's time away from the WH in Crawford and distort them all as vacations, when many times he met with world leaders at his ranch.

So if you compare time spent away from the WH and count it as "vacation," then yes, Bush spent more time away than obama has.

Last edited by n david; 09-10-2014 at 01:32 PM. Reason: *correction
Old 09-10-2014, 01:21 PM
On the road less traveled

Thanks for doing the homework for me, NDavid. What we have is a president who would rather do the "fun" stuff while being president, rather than the hard work of being the strong leader that this country needs.