Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

Re: Debunking a 9-11 myth

It’s always entertaining to ponder these conspiracy theories, but in the case of TWA 800, I have to go with the facts of the investigation. You see, I’m a trained aircraft accident investigator and I’ve seen more crumpled aluminum and splattered blood than I want to remember. The NTSB tells us that frayed wires in the center fuel tank coupled with hot vaporized jet fuel caused the in-flight explosion of that Boeing 747. Sure, it would make for a more tantalizing story to claim Navy Seals used shoulder launched missiles to bring down that plane just to keep some high level dignitary or spy from reaching Paris, but this isn’t a movie plot. This is real life! Even though fuel tank explosions are uncommon and not something you should worry about on your next airline flight to Disney World, this was not the only aircraft to ever have this problem. As a matter of fact, there have been at least 26 fuel tank explosions on both civilian and military aircraft. For example, a fuel tank explosion once destroyed a Thai Airways 737. Luckily that aircraft was still parked at the gate in Bangkok and not in the air or more than one flight attendant would have lost their life. If you read the full NTSB report on TWA 800 and weigh both sides, I think you’ll agree with me, this wasn’t some government cover up and frankly, to say otherwise is a little insulting to the many NTSB, FAA, and TWA employees who devoted so much time and effort to solving the TWA 800 mystery. Did you happen to know that there had been intermittent problems affecting the plane’s cockpit voice recorder and number four engine fuel-flow indicators just minutes before the explosion? These anomalies might seem unrelated, but it just so happens that the wire bundle to both of these components passes just above the center fuel tank. Did you also know that investigators found the wires crimped and cracked, and suspect they’d been damaged during repairs that had taken place in this area just two weeks prior? Now for all you government conspiracy types let me ask you, have you ever been inside or even looked inside an aircraft fuel tank? Do you know the flash point of Jet-A? Do you also know how unreliable an eye witness’s testimony can be after the fact of an accident? The human mind tends to remember more of what you thought you saw and heard than what you actually saw or heard. Believe me; I've heard some pretty impossible testimony. How can an unpowered glider make “a load roar like he was trying to take off again just before it hit the ground." It's pretty easy for people to say the government lied to us, but scientific evidence and facts don’t lie. As we say in this business, “we’re not here to speculate, we’re here to investigate.” It’s the speculators who can’t come up with anything better than a silly conspiracy.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:38 PM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abiding Now View Post
I do not believe my government would lie to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
LOL Abiding, are you serious????? I hope you were joking. Politicians lie all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Registered Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by acjcpastor View Post
It’s always entertaining to ponder these conspiracy theories, but in the case of TWA 800, I have to go with the facts of the investigation. You see, I’m a trained aircraft accident investigator and I’ve seen more crumpled aluminum and splattered blood than I want to remember. The NTSB tells us that frayed wires in the center fuel tank coupled with hot vaporized jet fuel caused the in-flight explosion of that Boeing 747. Sure, it would make for a more tantalizing story to claim Navy Seals used shoulder launched missiles to bring down that plane just to keep some high level dignitary or spy from reaching Paris, but this isn’t a movie plot. This is real life! Even though fuel tank explosions are uncommon and not something you should worry about on your next airline flight to Disney World, this was not the only aircraft to ever have this problem. As a matter of fact, there have been at least 26 fuel tank explosions on both civilian and military aircraft. For example, a fuel tank explosion once destroyed a Thai Airways 737. Luckily that aircraft was still parked at the gate in Bangkok and not in the air or more than one flight attendant would have lost their life. If you read the full NTSB report on TWA 800 and weigh both sides, I think you’ll agree with me, this wasn’t some government cover up and frankly, to say otherwise is a little insulting to the many NTSB, FAA, and TWA employees who devoted so much time and effort to solving the TWA 800 mystery. Did you happen to know that there had been intermittent problems affecting the plane’s cockpit voice recorder and number four engine fuel-flow indicators just minutes before the explosion? These anomalies might seem unrelated, but it just so happens that the wire bundle to both of these components passes just above the center fuel tank. Did you also know that investigators found the wires crimped and cracked, and suspect they’d been damaged during repairs that had taken place in this area just two weeks prior? Now for all you government conspiracy types let me ask you, have you ever been inside or even looked inside an aircraft fuel tank? Do you know the flash point of Jet-A? Do you also know how unreliable an eye witness’s testimony can be after the fact of an accident? The human mind tends to remember more of what you thought you saw and heard than what you actually saw or heard. Believe me; I've heard some pretty impossible testimony. How can an unpowered glider make “a load roar like he was trying to take off again just before it hit the ground." It's pretty easy for people to say the government lied to us, but scientific evidence and facts don’t lie. As we say in this business, “we’re not here to speculate, we’re here to investigate.” It’s the speculators who can’t come up with anything better than a silly conspiracy.
The NTSB didn't investigate Flight 800. The FBI did. Hmm... Why is that?
Old 11-07-2014, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

Of course the government would NEVER lie to anyone. Whoever thinks so is just a silly conspiracy theorist. Oh yeah, Nixon was not a crook and Watergate was just made up. Of course the government has only become more "transparent" and would never spy on anyone either. Heaven forbid this government would ever cover anything up. Of course the government would never lie about purposely selling guns to criminals...

Its been said that figures don't lie but liars figure...
Old 11-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Registered Saint

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Registered Saint

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain
Old 11-07-2014, 05:59 PM

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:01 PM

Old 11-07-2014, 06:02 PM

Old 11-07-2014, 07:35 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple4life View Post
The NTSB didn't investigate Flight 800. The FBI did. Hmm... Why is that?
What makes you say that? Maybe they both investigated?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.