Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
children, education, kids, parents, school

Old 10-02-2018, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

Re: Public school and the Christian parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I notice that all the objectors have one thing in common: they re-phrase the issue into the red herring of comparing the academic and social skills obtained via either public school or homeschooling. But, that is not at all the issue.

The issue is the Bible commands Christian parents secure a Christian education for their children. It has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not Johnny is equipped to become a NASA hoaxineer, er, engineer, nor does it have anything to do with whether Susie will be equipped to properly handle a frat house party.

The issue was, is, and always will be, whether Johnny and Susie's parents give them a CHRISTIAN, or a non Christian (or secular) education.

The Bible commands Christian parents to make sure their children are given a CHRISTIAN, BIBLICAL education. A secular, non Christian education is forbidden. Whether it's homeschooling, private tutoring, private school, or even a govt school, if the curriculum and environment and controlling philosophy isn't Christian, then it is forbidden to Christian parents as an option.
I tend to disagree with you on this subject. I believe it is the parents job to give their kids a CHRISTIAN education . Meaning educate them in biblical and Christian principals. This does not mean educate them to become accountants , auto mechanics, doctors, lawyers etc etc. If ALL education falls on the parents how will the children ever be better than the previous generation??
Old 10-02-2018, 11:26 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBandy View Post
I tend to disagree with you on this subject. I believe it is the parents job to give their kids a CHRISTIAN education . Meaning educate them in biblical and Christian principals. This does not mean educate them to become accountants , auto mechanics, doctors, lawyers etc etc. If ALL education falls on the parents how will the children ever be better than the previous generation??
If you read the opening posts you will see your concern is misplaced and your objection is unfounded.

Once again, Christian parents are clearly and bluntly commanded to secure a Christian education for their children. A Christian education doesn't mean Bible class and Sunday school. It means their education is directed by a Christian philosophy and pedagogy. Practically ALL western education (except Jewish) was Christian prior to the 20th century.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-02-2018, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

Not interested in a debate im just gonno throw out some truth. In 1989 I graduated from a ACE school housed in the local UPC church. I graduated second in my class of 24. It was a rather large school by ACE and UPC standards. When I started my freshman year of college to pursue a degree in physical therapy I found I had no real education. I had no social skills. I ended up changing my major to some associates program and way later in life I obtained a bachelors degree. I still despise things that happened within that time frame of my life. I was not prepared in any shape form or fashion to face the real world. Although I did not take the time to read you lengthy discussion to start this thread , Esias,I do know this is not your first post concerning this subject. I do not believe it is a sin for a parent to send kids to a secular school for an education. In a pipe dream someone has where we do not have to live, work etc in a secular world then maybe a different story.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Old 10-02-2018, 12:07 PM
Banned

As a parent, I don't know anyone but a hand full of pastors that I would trust with my child's religious education. I'm the one the LORD has commissioned to educate my child in the ways of the LORD, not the public school system, which is riddled with homosexuals, communists, drug addicts, and alcoholics - Nor a theocratic government system that will teach an established "orthodoxy" I'm bound not to agree with.

Spiritual education is a parent's responsibility. Churches, Sunday schools, pastors, etc. are "helps", but NOT the primary source of spiritual education.

When it comes to education and preparation for the world we live in, the REAL world, not some theocratic utopian pipe dream, there are good private schools (many are Christian in philosophy), charter schools, public schools, and homeschooling. All are viable options given a family's ability and circumstance.

No one should ever dangle a parent, or their children, over Hell (spiritual coercion) to advance a pet doctrine.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Not interested in a debate im just gonno throw out some truth. In 1989 I graduated from a ACE school housed in the local UPC church. I graduated second in my class of 24. It was a rather large school by ACE and UPC standards. When I started my freshman year of college to pursue a degree in physical therapy I found I had no real education. I had no social skills. I ended up changing my major to some associates program and way later in life I obtained a bachelors degree. I still despise things that happened within that time frame of my life. I was not prepared in any shape form or fashion to face the real world. Although I did not take the time to read you lengthy discussion to start this thread , Esias,I do know this is not your first post concerning this subject. I do not believe it is a sin for a parent to send kids to a secular school for an education. In a pipe dream someone has where we do not have to live, work etc in a secular world then maybe a different story.
And there are some who would say the same about public education.
Me, for example.
I graduated 5th out of 300+, had the highest ACT score in the school, yet struggled greatly (with the same issues you mention) in my first year of college.
And I struggled greatly with my spiritual life throughout my high school and college days.
My two sons who did a combination of private and home-school, have had none of the problems that I had.
Both are greatly used in their churches, are very entrepreneurial minded (one has his own business and the other is working towards that) and have had none of the issues that you and I encountered.
Either spiritual or secular.
So, I think we sometimes look back and blame our problems on what we choose to blame.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:00 PM
Banned

Let's be real.

There is no single one size fits all solution... because no two kids, families, schools, or curriculum is alike. I'll restate my conclusion because I believe it is most grounded in reality:
When it comes to education and preparation for the world we live in, the REAL world, not some theocratic utopian pipe dream, there are good private schools (many are Christian in philosophy), charter schools, public schools, and homeschooling. All are viable options given a family's ability and circumstance.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:04 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
That's funny, I've been a blue collar construction worker all my life. Yet, no pipe dreams were needed. Go figure.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-02-2018, 04:07 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Let's be real.

There is no single one size fits all solution... because no two kids, families, schools, or curriculum is alike. I'll restate my conclusion because I believe it is most grounded in reality:
All are viable options IF they are all CHRISTIAN in their pedagogy. American public schools are not (by law), therefore are not a viable option. Once again, the issue isn't academic performance or social skill sets. The issue is the Bible commands Christian education, not secular, for children of Christians.

Old 10-02-2018, 05:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
All are viable options IF they are all CHRISTIAN in their pedagogy. American public schools are not (by law), therefore are not a viable option. Once again, the issue isn't academic performance or social skill sets. The issue is the Bible commands Christian education, not secular, for children of Christians.
So .....kids should not be educated by non-christians, which all public schools are, because ."some twisted versre"
But rather they should be educated by the Flat earth, 6 day creationist upci Pastor.....

Of course this puts me in agreement with Joe, an Aquila and therefore an ungodly whacko....so yeah k....

Dont care