Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-18-2023, 07:55 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Nuclear Annihilation Coming to a City Near You

Prophecy continues against the king:

Ezekiel 28:11-16 KJV
Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, [12] Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord God ; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. [13] Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. [14] Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so : thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. [15] Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. [16] By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

Is this a human ruler? His arrogance and megalomania being described?

Ezekiel 28:17-19 KJV
Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. [18] Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. [19] All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

Sounds like annihilation is this character's future, which is contrary to what most of the "king of Tyre is actually Satan-Lucifer" crowd believes.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-18-2023, 08:03 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

But notice, nobody is named "Satan" here. Also, why would Satan be the king of a city and not a global empire of evil?

Is the prince of Tyre different from the king of Tyre?

Ezekiel 37:24-25 KJV
And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. [25] And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Here David is both king and prince.

What about the Eden references?

Ezekiel 31:2-11 KJV
Son of man, speak unto Pharaoh king of Egypt, and to his multitude; Whom art thou like in thy greatness? [3] Behold, the Assyrian was a cedar in Lebanon with fair branches, and with a shadowing shroud, and of an high stature; and his top was among the thick boughs. [4] The waters made him great, the deep set him up on high with her rivers running round about his plants, and sent out her little rivers unto all the trees of the field. [5] Therefore his height was exalted above all the trees of the field, and his boughs were multiplied, and his branches became long because of the multitude of waters, when he shot forth. [6] All the fowls of heaven made their nests in his boughs, and under his branches did all the beasts of the field bring forth their young, and under his shadow dwelt all great nations. [7] Thus was he fair in his greatness, in the length of his branches: for his root was by great waters. [8] The cedars in the garden of God could not hide him: the fir trees were not like his boughs, and the chesnut trees were not like his branches; nor any tree in the garden of God was like unto him in his beauty. [9] I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him. [10] Therefore thus saith the Lord God ; Because thou hast lifted up thyself in height, and he hath shot up his top among the thick boughs, and his heart is lifted up in his height; [11] I have therefore delivered him into the hand of the mighty one of the heathen; he shall surely deal with him: I have driven him out for his wickedness.

Here the Assyrian ruler (and apparently the Pharaoh of Egypt as well) is a tree in Eden and the other trees envied him. Trees are symbolic of rulers and nations in God's Garden (since God planted the nations and establishes the rulers, the world is likened to God's Garden that He manages).

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-21-2023, 03:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...12&version=NIV

Esaias, Bowas, Elder D, or whoever else that wants at it, please splain your view of Rev 12:6-8
Seems to me the male child that was born in vs 5, is none other than Jesus Christ. Thereby the following verses would be at the time of his birth from Mary.
Anyway, I could be wrong, please explain your thoughts on these verses.

And more specifically 7-9

Thank you.
I believe the verses you asked about, (Rev 12:5-6) was concerning the church, primarily those of Israel during the Roman attack in AD70.

Short of going into a rather lengthy Bible study, I will just give what I see it means.

She, being the woman, was the Church at that time. The typology of Mary is clear, but I believe in mentioning it here in Revelation shows a pattern.

Mary gave birth to the man child, Jesus Christ, just as the church, heavenly Jerusalem is the mother of us all, and from the church came forth the ministry of Jesus (the gospel).

Just as Mary had to flee to protect Jesus, to follow that pattern, the church, which had the man child, gospel message in Jerusalem had to flee the Roman destruction by fleeing to the wilderness for 42 months, which there are accounts of the Christians fleeing to the wilderness just before the Romans surrounded and ultimately destroyed Jerusalem.
Old 03-21-2023, 05:59 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Shag, I'm still trying to figure out what your question has to do with nuclear war?
Old 03-21-2023, 07:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
But notice, nobody is named "Satan" here. Also, why would Satan be the king of a city and not a global empire of evil?

Is the prince of Tyre different from the king of Tyre?

Ezekiel 37:24-25 KJV
And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. [25] And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Here David is both king and prince.

What about the Eden references?

Ezekiel 31:2-11 KJV
Son of man, speak unto Pharaoh king of Egypt, and to his multitude; Whom art thou like in thy greatness? [3] Behold, the Assyrian was a cedar in Lebanon with fair branches, and with a shadowing shroud, and of an high stature; and his top was among the thick boughs. [4] The waters made him great, the deep set him up on high with her rivers running round about his plants, and sent out her little rivers unto all the trees of the field. [5] Therefore his height was exalted above all the trees of the field, and his boughs were multiplied, and his branches became long because of the multitude of waters, when he shot forth. [6] All the fowls of heaven made their nests in his boughs, and under his branches did all the beasts of the field bring forth their young, and under his shadow dwelt all great nations. [7] Thus was he fair in his greatness, in the length of his branches: for his root was by great waters. [8] The cedars in the garden of God could not hide him: the fir trees were not like his boughs, and the chesnut trees were not like his branches; nor any tree in the garden of God was like unto him in his beauty. [9] I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him. [10] Therefore thus saith the Lord God ; Because thou hast lifted up thyself in height, and he hath shot up his top among the thick boughs, and his heart is lifted up in his height; [11] I have therefore delivered him into the hand of the mighty one of the heathen; he shall surely deal with him: I have driven him out for his wickedness.

Here the Assyrian ruler (and apparently the Pharaoh of Egypt as well) is a tree in Eden and the other trees envied him. Trees are symbolic of rulers and nations in God's Garden (since God planted the nations and establishes the rulers, the world is likened to God's Garden that He manages).
Those are good points. I just want to bring up the fact that the hebrew word "prince" in Ezk 28:2 (nagid) is different than then one in Ezk 37:24 (nasi) applied to David, but they can actually be synonymous: David is also referred to as "nagid" in 2 Sa 6:21.

Probably the transition from "king" to "prince" is more a style thing than anything else. A nagid can be the king. Probably a better translation, to avoid misunderstanding, is "ruler" or "leader".

Last edited by coksiw; 03-21-2023 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-24-2023, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Shag, I'm still trying to figure out what your question has to do with nuclear war?
I don’t know just yet…Esias brought up annihilation…I’ll find some way to connect it, eventually.

Hey, I’m fixing to land almost in your back yard in a couple hours, so get your grill fired up.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 03-24-2023 at 12:11 PM.