Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-13-2016, 12:36 AM
Administrator

Health, Wellness, and Nutrition Thread

Hi, All

I know many of our members are rather interested in keeping their temples in tip-top shape, so I thought it appropriate to create an official thread were people can come to give and receive advice for themselves and their families on how to live a healthier life.

This would include tips on eating, diet, exercise, and etc.

So, if you have anything you'd like to share, please post it here!

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 01-13-2016, 01:54 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Health, Wellness, and Nutrition Thread

Limit carbohydrates, especially starches and grains. Use fruits for 'rare snacks' not daily 'natural junk food'.

Eat lots of protein from meat products (avoid soy like the plague it really is), and eat the fat with the meat.

Use Peanut oil, Sunflower oil, or Coconut oil for cooking. "Vegetable " and "canola oil" and "corn oil" are GMO death in a bottle.

Buy as MUCH of your food from local PRODUCERS as possible (local farms, local ranches, etc). Get to know them, find out HOW they grow/raise their food, what kinds of fertilisers, pest controls, and feeds and 'medicines' they use.

Vote with your wallet, buy only 'Certified non GMO' or 'Non GMO Project Verified' whenever possible.

Be careful about 'organic' food, READ THE LABELS and the FINE PRINT. Not all is as it seems!

Forget the 'four food groups'. Eat meat, fats, and low carbs/grains, with fruit every now and then.

Work out, get fit. Lift weights using large, compound, whole body exercises (squats, deadlifts, overhead presses, etc). Do sprints. Run, climb, crawl, walk - ie natural movements that challenge your body in a variety of ways. Avoid 'jogging' or 'long distance running', those people tend to die early of bad hearts.

Every time you get fast food give thanks for your undertaker.

Try to limit refined sugar as much as possible.

Avoid going to the doctor unless you are sick. The well need not a physician, but the sick...

Avoid the hospital if AT ALL possible. If not, make it your number one priority to get out of there as QUICKLY as possible. I mean, get mad about it, get your mind made up, and get outta there! It's a HOUSE OF DEATH.

If your doctor says 'trust me' get a different doctor.

Avoid ALL 'vaccinations' like you would avoid monkey pus, infected pig blood, mercury, heavy metal poisoning, and cancer, cause that's pretty much what they are made of.

Rebuke bitterness and unforgiveness and constantly worrying about what other people think and do. A happy spirit makes for a healthy body.

Try to actually breathe, consciously, deeply, intentionally. Lots of people these days actually hold their breath too much and create oxygen deficiencies which lead to heart stress and other cardio diseases, plus they help cancer proliferate.

Don't use your 'smart phone' by holding it to your head, put 'em on speaker or get a hands free set.

Limit exposure to wifi signals, same reason.

Avoid smart meters, or get rid of yours if you can.

Buy meat from a butcher, not that pre-packaged garbage pink slime nonsense masquerading as 'meat' in the grocery stores.

Did I mention produce your own food as much as possible? Get busy with it!

Avoid fluoride, it's classed as a toxic poison (read your toothpaste label, they tell you right there).

Things become stronger and more resilient and healthy with use, this includes the mind, the spirit, and the body. So be active in all three areas as much as possible, with things that CHALLENGE.

Soy is for zombies.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-13-2016, 08:43 AM
Banned

pretty nice, E! I agree with most of that. I'd stick with coconut oil, and leave the peanut and sunflower oils alone; for the same reason that olive oil is not that healthy for us, that being that our Omega 3:6 ratios are bad enough already. But i agree that those other oils are just poison. I'd also try to get as much protein as possible from sources other than meat, and i'd take it real easy on red meat. Eat beans for 6 months and a steak will make you ill. Refined coco oil is available now, no aftertaste, and it's cheaper than virgin, as it is second pressing. Virgin is surely better tho.

I think the primary concern of any western eater should be to address their omega 3:6 ratio, especially if they are experiencing any inflammation. Fixing this and vitamin D deficiency--which goes handinhand with the lack of omega 3 in a CAFO diet--will go a long way toward normalizing one's metabolism; fixes cholesterol metabolism, provides cancer insurance, etc. Vitamin D deficiency is a better marker for breast cancer than a mammogram!

After that i'd say that gut health is the next catastrophe one should address. I saw a most interesting video the other day about breast milk; researchers trying to make a better formula could not figure out why like 1/3 of breast milk was undigestible...oligosaccarides, i think? Turns out they are food for a baby's beneficial gut bacteria. I guess malnourished people exhibit the same gut probiotics as obese people, too? Of course any former antibiotic use should be addressed, and don't take them, use alternatives. They are gut chemotherapy, basically.

So, especially if you are overweight, fixing these will melt pounds. Interesting to note that you cannot take blood thinners when you are taking omega 3; and you will notice a difference in how you bleed a couple months after starting omega 3, if you were not previously on thinners. You also won't need statins anymore, as your cholesterol--which you need--begins metabolizing normally.

Your body wants omega 3 (vit D) and cholesterol to make healthy cell walls. In the absence of O-3, it will use whatever yack you are eating to make degraded cells, which might be the best description for our general state of health now. I cannot overstate what 7 years of this protocol has done for me, tho it did take a while.

Last edited by shazeep; 01-13-2016 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:27 PM
Registered Member

Esaias - nice to see there are some things we agree on!

I would add to the list to grow your own food!
Meat, veggies, fruit and nuts.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

E - seeing the time that you wrote this, I would also add that you need 8 hours sleep per night...
Lol
Old 01-13-2016, 02:43 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
E - seeing the time that you wrote this, I would also add that you need 8 hours sleep per night...
Lol
ha! I'm blessed if I get 6 hours. I think I got 5 last night.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-14-2016, 08:26 AM
On the road less traveled

E - very, very good stuff! And definitely getting more sleep at night a huge benefit to our bodies as that is when we heal and regenerate.

I would also like to add that each of us needs to pay attention to our bodies, and what they are telling us. So many people go on fad diets that hurt their bodies and digestion. If you are doing something, and you have noticed that it doesn't agree with your body, you need to stop it and try something else.

A lifestyle of health is not a one size fits all. Find what works for you and stick to it.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:29 AM

Shaz - how are you getting omega-3 into your body? Just curious.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Hi, All

I know many of our members are rather interested in keeping their temples in tip-top shape, so I thought it appropriate to create an official thread were people can come to give and receive advice for themselves and their families on how to live a healthier life.

This would include tips on eating, diet, exercise, and etc.

So, if you have anything you'd like to share, please post it here!
Thanks for starting this thread.

It's a welcome relief from all the political hack going on around here... lol!
Old 01-14-2016, 09:58 AM
Banned

no kidding
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Shaz - how are you getting omega-3 into your body? Just curious.
I prefer real eggs for my O-3 source, but finding chickens on grass is virtually impossible, it seems. I'm getting some ok ones right now, they get fed grass clippings, which is not really the same thing.

Puritan's Pride has O3 in the correct form (rE), and coated, for best absorption, for pretty cheap. But they also have the wrong form, and uncoated, so...item #16885. If you buy five at a time it is quite reasonable, less than $10 for 120 @ 1200mg--but don't get sucked in by the $2 O3, as you get what you pay for, you'll be burping it all day, poor absorption, wrong form, etc http://www.puritan.com/puritans-prid...200-mg-016885?

and i try to keep it to one a day, with eggs in the AM. If i take one after about 2pm, i'm up all night, i notice. Omega 3 is quite "speedy," as you may know. Many people quit it after getting heart palpitations, which is common at first, but harmless. Just kind of scary! If you take one with a full breakfast tho, that doesn't happen. I can take one on an empty stomach with morning coffee now--but don't try that at first!

i also eat flaxseeded bread, and walnuts, and prolly too much canned fish, but i prefer that to over-supplementing

i'm a protein freak, there are prolly more vegan ways to get O3--i love red meat, but keep it to about once or twice a week (and never eat the fat). That is usually elk, these days, just because elk are more likely to be on grass than beef. Once or twice a month i get a chicken from an organic place for 2-3 hours of work, that are raised on grass; but they retail for like $30+ each! Yikes.

And i don't use a lot of milk, but it is raw goat's milk. I prefer goat because it tastes the same, done right, and goats eat a lot of green stuff that cows won't, so they are easier to pasture. Raw cow milk is cheaper, but like the eggs, it's hard to find milking cows on green grass!

Cruciferous veggies are also a decent source, and i generally get some every day--although they have all gotten quite expensive suddenly.

Last edited by shazeep; 01-14-2016 at 10:01 AM.