Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
casual, church, cuff links, dress, gold, jcm, jeans, preacher, standards, suit, unhappy, white shirt, work

Old 01-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post
Thanks now I dont feel alone!
I was telling Renda today about our annual ladies' meeting in January. It's a PJ night at church (MODEST PJ's Only, thank you). We have a different theme each month, and January's is always PJ's. We will have about 200-250 women in sleepwear. We have a potluck and then we all go in the sanctuary and have praise & worship, awesome preaching and last year, we had an amazing altar service at the PJ party. About half of the women who come are from other churches in town (all denominations). It was so very cool last year to see women laying all across the altars in their pajamas, weeping before God. I know that God had to be enjoying it. There were no men present, by the way.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
Is this a normal Saturday night schedule or something unusual for this week? If this is normal, I think I would have a hard time keeping up. And yes, I just might show up in my jammies if we had service at these times every week!!!
The 11PM to 3AM are the third Saturday of every month, baptisms are done when ever someone is in need to be baptized IN JESUS NAME. This morning service is being done by requests of some of the Brothers.

Pajamas are out of the question.

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com

www.IfAmericansKnew.com
Old 01-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I was telling Renda today about our annual ladies' meeting in January. It's a PJ night at church (MODEST PJ's Only, thank you). We have a different theme each month, and January's is always PJ's. We will have about 200-250 women in sleepwear. We have a potluck and then we all go in the sanctuary and have praise & worship, awesome preaching and last year, we had an amazing altar service at the PJ party. About half of the women who come are from other churches in town (all denominations). It was so very cool last year to see women laying all across the altars in their pajamas, weeping before God. I know that God had to be enjoying it. There were no men present, by the way.
Oh how Vouge.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
The 11PM to 3AM are the third Saturday of every month, baptisms are done when ever someone is in need to be baptized IN JESUS NAME. This morning service is being done by requests of some of the Brothers.

Pajamas are out of the question.

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com

www.IfAmericansKnew.com

We had a feeling you would say that! LOL

Cool though how you have the late night service!

The only thing we have that lasts thru the night is sometimes our youth services last pretty late.. Last weekend it lasted till about 1230 as they were having an awesome altar call...
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Oh how Vouge.
You could at least spell it right!!!
Registered Member

Quote:
Old 01-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
CC1 and now you?

Your time will come Sister, I will watch and wait.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:42 AM
Pot Stirrer

I don't mind wearing a suit and tie on Sunday but I do wished we would relax it on wednesday.The platform is required to wear a tie always.

I think that in the day we live in, being dressed up to the nines actually intimidates a lot of people

and i HATE dressing up in the summer, suit and tie and jakcet- way to hot for all that
Old 01-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
I don't mind wearing a suit and tie on Sunday but I do wished we would relax it on wednesday.The platform is required to wear a tie always.

I think that in the day we live in, being dressed up to the nines actually intimidates a lot of people

and i HATE dressing up in the summer, suit and tie and jakcet- way to hot for all that
Been hanging out with the libs again? Just wait, before long, you'll want to shed that suit and tie on Sundays too!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:34 AM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
When I go to church I dress like I am going to church.
Dittos! I personally enjoy dressing up for church! I don't dress up everyday but I have always loved dressing up for church. My mother brought me up to always look my best. But that was whether I had nice clothes or not. If all I had was a jean skirt and shirt to wear, it better look nice! Do I think it's wrong to go casual? No. But I don't. Besides, I really like dressy feminine clothes!

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!