Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Registered Saint

Re: UPC Response to MS Bill HB1523

I usually try to be positive when it comes to the UPC on this forum.
I appreciate all the times they have preached to people and told them about Jesus and Acts 2:38.

But the UPC saying it loves gay people is outrageous. I can't believe that I read it correctly. Am I delirious?
I was going to change my last post. But I think it needs to be said. To let an organization have a pass on everything they do is wrong.

Anyone wants to criticize me for how I feel, fine. I am a big boy I can take it. But let's all be honest with each other.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

I don't post here very much but I do read others posts. This thread absolutely amazes me. Aren't we charged by the WORD to love everyone? It is the sin that is hated NOT the person or the group no matter how you choose to label them. It seems the UPC is criticized whether they sit down or stand up. And, yes, I am being facetious. Carry on...
Old 04-06-2016, 09:14 PM
Registered Member

I liked what was stated on behalf of the UPCI on this subject. I think that for many this is a new issue to deal with. Homosexuality has always existed to some degree, but for most southern Americans it is becoming more common in our communities. Churches should be careful that there disgust for certain sins doesn't portray a lack of love for our fellow man. I was taught when growing up to hate the sin, but love the sinner. I would try to help a homosexual on the side of the road just as quick as I would an heterosexual. If a homosexual walks in our church I am not going to change my Sunday sermon to make sure that I let them know where I stand. As the Holy Ghost leads I am sure they will find out what are church stands for. Many have a gay phobia that if one gay comes to our church we are going to have an gay outbreak. If we prayerfully follow the Holy Ghost and Scripture God will guide and protect his church from such infiltration.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:25 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

United States of America is circling the drain.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:41 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
Here is what I found interesting:

"Some of our members may exercise the freedom guaranteed by HB 1523 and similar legislation not to support certain marriages based on their religious convictions and the teaching of Scripture."

Some of our members?
Does that mean that some others do support those marriages?
Just not applicable for others. That's how I read it.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 04-06-2016, 09:46 PM

The UPCers I know definitely love gay people... And readily admit it was there own sin that placed Jesus on the cross.

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 04-06-2016, 09:51 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
The UPCers I know definitely love gay people... And readily admit it was there own sin that placed Jesus on the cross.
?
Old 04-06-2016, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
?
Was that confusing? Sorry.

I am saying the UPC folk I know love ALL people. Furthermore, they freely state it was their own sin that Jesus died for... Not some other dirty rotten sinner.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:04 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I've seen a noted increase in official statements from the UPC regarding current laws or political issues.

Not sure it's good or bad. The UPC is definitely more vocal on issues now than under previous Superintendents.
God bless the UPC

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.

Last edited by deacon blues; 04-06-2016 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
United States of America is circling the drain.
?