Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Administrator

WWPF General Council Question

I have a question regarding the WWPF General Coucil. I just went to their website and noticed that the link listing the General Council still shows a lot of UPC preachers who I am not certain actually went ahead and left the UPC for the WWPF when the UPC drew the line in the sand.

For starters T.L. Craft is still listed as a GC member and his wife as on the Women's committee. Did TLC in fact turn in his UPC card? Talmadge French?
Old 05-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Student of the Word

Re: WWPF General Council Question

According to information I got from a General Council member, you don't have to be a member of WPF to serve on the General Council.

So, if they don't pay dues to the WPF then can the UPC pull their license?
Old 05-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanced View Post
According to information I got from a General Council member, you don't have to be a member of WPF to serve on the General Council.

Interesting. That was what I was wondering since I think some of these men who were willing to be on the General Council and a WWPF member might have done so with the thought that they could be members of both the UPC and WWPF, which did not turn out to be the case.

Obvously the hard core leaders of the WWPF wanted to cut ties with the UPC but I would imagine not everybody who was interested in a conservative fellowship are ready to do that.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanced View Post

So, you don't have to join in order to lead? Rediculous! I can't believe that to be true.

However, if it turns out to be the case, how disengenuous is that? Honest preachers turn in fellowship cards and lead churches out of the UPCI, following ministerial icons who themselves never made that sacrifice at all.

This would not be a case of the blind leading the blind. Rather, just the blind being led.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Pastor View Post
So, you don't have to join in order to lead? Rediculous! I can't believe that to be true.

However, if it turns out to be the case, how disengenuous is that? Honest preachers turn in fellowship cards and lead churches out of the UPCI, following ministerial icons who themselves never made that sacrifice at all.

This would not be a case of the blind leading the blind. Rather, just the blind being led.

Nah.....It's probably much more likely that it is a case of men whose eyes are open to the deviousness, dishonesty and the great harm that the leadership of the United Pentecostal Church in their area has wrought in other mens churches both at home and abroad. If they were dealing with men of ethics and integrity I am sure they would have done as you suggest, but when they are dealing with the political machine that is the United Pentecostal Church all bets are off and you do what you have to do. (Spoken from YEARS of first hand experience) That men who are coming out of the United Pentecostal Church have to resort to such protective measures speaks volumes.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Don't ask.

LOL
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 05-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSQ View Post
Nah.....It's probably much more likely that it is a case of men whose eyes are open to the deviousness, dishonesty and the great harm that the leadership of the United Pentecostal Church in their area has wrought in other mens churches both at home and abroad. If they were dealing with men of ethics and integrity I am sure they would have done as you suggest, but when they are dealing with the political machine that is the United Pentecostal Church all bets are off and you do what you have to do. (Spoken from YEARS of first hand experience) That men who are coming out of the United Pentecostal Church have to resort to such protective measures speaks volumes.
Harsh words spoken from someone who seems to have been hurt pretty badly. Why is it that Apostolic's seem to hurt other Apostolic's worse than anyone else. Whoever hurt you let me be the first to say I am sorry for that.

In looking back though could it have been the men that hurt you and not the so called "machine of the UPCI"? Even in our district and section there are some that can be seen as devious and dishonest, but I don't lump the little into the lot. A wise man gave me a great piece of advice when I was ready to give up on it all and said "There are always going to be idiots wherever you go. Stick it out with the idiots you know rather than leaving and finding even more idiots to deal with." Pretty rough but true.

Seems to me that those who have left are leaving one political regime to go to another.

My honest opinion is - God bless them
Old 05-06-2008, 11:01 AM
curious observer

of course the ruling was after the council was formed, there are many UPC officials that sit on boards,
Old 05-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Pastor View Post
So, you don't have to join in order to lead? ...........
Wouldn't this be like having your personal banker on your church board. He's not a member of your church, but he can help make good sound financial decisions.

Actually in business, usually the board of directors are not an active part of the day to day business. They are outsiders that are hired to help make sound financial decisions.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:36 PM
"I am a friend of God"...sing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
Wouldn't this be like having your personal banker on your church board. He's not a member of your church, but he can help make good sound financial decisions.

Actually in business, usually the board of directors are not an active part of the day to day business. They are outsiders that are hired to help make sound financial decisions.
Consultants! Who is paying them now?