Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-27-2019, 02:10 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: On Trump's National Emergency Call

Mexican Cartel Strategic Note No. 16:

Recent Santa Muerte Spiritual Conflict Trends

https://smallwarsjournal.com/jrnl/ar...onflict-trends

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-27-2019, 03:40 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I remember a friend told me about Y2K. "The computers are all gonna lock up cause they will flip from 99 to 00 on their clocks, resulting in mass catastrophe."

I busted out laughing and said which comic book did he get that from?

I had been a "survivalist" type for about 8 years when the Y2K "threat" was rolled out.

Anyone who seriously fell for it, well, I'll be charitable and hold my peace.
I work in the computer field. The Y2K bug was overblown a fair bit, but there was a serious concern with software not working correctly. The reason it didn't cause problems is because many people worked for many years prior to update the software and fix the glitches. That software controlled power facilities, dams and many other major industrial components.

Anyone who seriously believes it didn't need to be fixed....well, I'll be charitable and hold my peace.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:05 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
The Holy Scriptures need not to be automatically considered mutually exclusive to the two concerns above. Or any other concern, for that matter.

If Esaias or others are interested them, what's that to you? Also, where did Esaias ever bring up Bigfoot?

Every Biblical prophet was very studious and aware of, not to mention, quite concerned with, the world around them, Jesus being the chief example.

You said it yourself regarding God speaking about an event or calamity. In Amos God states He doesn't do anything without revealing it to His servants the prophets (3:7). Just prior to that Amos asks rhetorically about the possibility of a trumpet being blown in a city and the people of that city not being afraid, or of a disaster striking a city, and God not being involved.

This passage speaks of world event and calamities that God chooses to make His servants the prophets aware of, for, in verse 8, Amos states "The Lord YH has spoken, who can but prophesy?".

(This is merely one of too many to name examples in the Holy Scriptures.)

So, while it's important to not lightly toss around the term prophet, it seems to be you don't have a fully functional definition of what a Biblical prophet is.

As far as Esaias commenting or not, let's not presume on his motives.

YHVH is the name whereby God revealed Himself to Moses in the Holy Scriptures. It is present in the OT over 6,000 times, albeit obscured in English by the word "LORD" and "GOD" Every Psalm contains this name in Hebrew, and all the great verses of praise and adoration that Christians quote from the Psalms in admiration and love for God's name, from the Psalms and elsewhere, contain written, in Hebrew orthography, YHVH (some write it in English as YHWH, however).

Most importantly, the name of Jesus, as derived down from Latin, from Greek, from Hebrew, contains YHVH embedded into it, being a theophoric name. Therefore, if you aren't impressed with YHVH, it's impossible to be impressed with the name of Jesus.

Of course, the glorious church should be our focus. But consider, after the October Revolution in 1917, the burgeoning Pentecostal Mission Andrew Urshan founded went underground and millions upon untold millions of people died never having had a chance to hear the soul-saving Gospel through the Body of Christ for decades and decades because the church was forced underground and nearly died.

The representation of Christ in the church and the fulfilling of the Great Commission has waxed and waned throughout the centuries geographically because of the course of the world. To not be concerned with and/or how the church in the USA or the West might be censured from fulfilling its duty, or worse, of being driven underground or persecuted to death is to be indifferent to those who have already suffered from the sake of the Gospel.

You've read some good books. That's not the same as living it. I find it rather callous to feel like God will take care of us, because we're saints, but the rest of His created wonder can suffer whatever potential hell on earth might come to our unsaved family, friends, and neighbors, if or when the bottom falls out.

The Y2K scenario was fluff from the beginning to the end. Communist Revolution in the USA is not.

You should not take for granted that just because you don't believe God has spoken to you about these things, that He hasn't spoken. Or that, worse, He hasn't spoken to anyone else. That's a dangerous path to tread.

Haven't read Jeremiah recently?

I agree. And at any moment, God can decide to pluck up a nation. Not everyone in Israel or Judah was wicked. They paid the price, too, of the national disobedience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Do you not realize that our border situation is spiritual?

The Santa Muerte death cult in Mexico and the US worships La Senora De Santa Muerte, a syncretized version of the Aztec goddess Mictēcacihuātl, the "Lady of the Dead", Queen of Mictlān, and wife to the "Lord of the Dead", King of Mictlān, Mictlāntēcutli.

The Aztec believed Mictēcacihuātl was born alive and sacrificed as an infant.

The land of the dead over which they preside, Mictlān, which is the northern-most part of the Aztec cosmogony, has a place called Mictlampa, in the very north of the north; and is the region of death itself. It refers to the cardinal direction "north".

Does any of this sound familiar? Clearly, you care about paying attention to the border situation, hence this thread, so, you, too, are studying and paying attention and are aware of what's going on in the world, even if you aren't aware of the prophetic elements involved.
I am aware that they burn incense and pray to the Virgin Mother to help them murder people. It is a sick culture for sure - death is always a work of Satan.

More to the point of the comments on this thread - I apparently don't come from the same premise that you and Esaias do. My worldview, for my life, begins on the Day of Pentecost for me. I don't look back at Jeremiah as a way to see doom and gloom around me. God has raised up a glorious church whether we see the work going on, without our eyes, around the world.

Paul begins in 2 Corinthians 11:22 - 12:10 "Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? So am I. Are they ministers of Christ?—I speak as a fool—I am more: in labors more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequently, in deaths often... Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Paul NEVER, at any time as far as I have read, held to the Word and at the same time - fear mongering.

I am for rule of law in our country, as is the police force in my county, who are affected greatly by "Open Border" policy. My County Sheriff told me that they wanted Ted Cruz for President, but would have to vote for Trump, because they feared Hillary and as they got no help from the Feds during the Obama Administration, they knew they also wouldn't get it from Hillary. We have seen the impact of having a wall in places on the border and simply want that to continue.

Now, my last point in this discussion. I know that at one time I was astonished that you didn't fully hold to the Oneness doctrine as you stated, words to affect, you weren't finding it was borne out in the Word.

So, from that point on, you and I, IMO, have had a little bad blood going on. Don't think that I don't notice how you normally, and I can generally guarantee it, you will pounce on just about any post or thread I have here.

While you want to preach to me, you may want to take some time and look into your own heart. I am believing that you may find a seed of bitterness hanging around.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:08 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
I work in the computer field. The Y2K bug was overblown a fair bit, but there was a serious concern with software not working correctly. The reason it didn't cause problems is because many people worked for many years prior to update the software and fix the glitches. That software controlled power facilities, dams and many other major industrial components.

Anyone who seriously believes it didn't need to be fixed....well, I'll be charitable and hold my peace.
I am sure that we felt no fear because God knew it would be fixed. Good job!
Old 02-27-2019, 12:45 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

Not one computer based piece of electronics I owned, nor none of my friends', including PCs, were "fixed", and mysteriously had no problems. So I guess we'll both be charitable.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-27-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Not one computer based piece of electronics I owned, nor none of my friends', including PCs, were "fixed", and mysteriously had no problems. So I guess we'll both be charitable.
So, I'll give one example just to help you understand that your computer is nowhere near as complex as the computers used in commercial enterprise environments. Something even as simple as a print server can be screwed up by a simple date.

A company in Britain had a print server that had never been rebooted. It did its job effortlessly and no one gave it a second thought. It had been running for 10 years without issue, when an update was necessary to fix a security concern. After installing the update and rebooting, every single component seemed to work, but printing no longer functioned. They eventually determined that the print server software only did a status check on the license once on reboot and refused to start (they had a legitimate license, but the key was tied to a date and they needed to acquire a new key). Something as simple as a reboot and it no longer functioned.

Software in the enterprise field is, ironically, far less tolerant of issues than consumer level software. There's far more complexity between different components and they all need to function correctly or nothing will work.

If you still don't get it, then I can't explain it any better than that.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 02-27-2019, 02:15 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
So, I'll give one example just to help you understand that your computer is nowhere near as complex as the computers used in commercial enterprise environments. Something even as simple as a print server can be screwed up by a simple date.

A company in Britain had a print server that had never been rebooted. It did its job effortlessly and no one gave it a second thought. It had been running for 10 years without issue, when an update was necessary to fix a security concern. After installing the update and rebooting, every single component seemed to work, but printing no longer functioned. They eventually determined that the print server software only did a status check on the license once on reboot and refused to start (they had a legitimate license, but the key was tied to a date and they needed to acquire a new key). Something as simple as a reboot and it no longer functioned.

Software in the enterprise field is, ironically, far less tolerant of issues than consumer level software. There's far more complexity between different components and they all need to function correctly or nothing will work.

If you still don't get it, then I can't explain it any better than that.
Oh, I understand all that. I have family that works for Microsoft as a developer (helps develop and debug each new edition of Windows). I have other family who is a coder and programs at assembly and machine language levels, and who is currently moving into hardware coding (as in, actual physical circuit programming, wiring, chipsets, CMOS, and circuit board development).

I was teaching my step dad how to program on his IBM PC-AT and XT back in 6th grade.

And I am absolutely convinced the Y2K thing was a fraud from start to finish. As for various software glitches, my experiences with programming as well as numerous conversations with developers and coders has me convinced that most "glitches" are actually more like "planned obsolescence". As an example, most programs - even stupid simple code elements - contain enough unnecessary fluff to practically guarantee a problem somewhere at some point.

Also, the way tech is, people know how to script and code and develop, but do not actually know the underlying mechanisms or routes that make it work, because things have become so compartmentalized. It's "easy" to use developer tools, more so than to craft each element yourself from the ground up. Kind of like a mechanic who knows how to follow the repair manual, can repair transmissions, but couldn't build a transmission from scratch if his life depended on it. There's too many layers between the developer and the circuit boards that a lot of things seem like occult magic even to many experts.

Not too mention the Y2K hype was over the top. Whenever the media starts going on about some crisis, you can be 99% sure that crisis is manufactured.

Never let a crisis go to waste, everybody get this govt approved update, wink wink, nod nod, say no more, say no more...

Old 02-27-2019, 03:30 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, one of the Senate’s most knowledgeable experts on constitutional law, remains skeptical of the merits of President Donald Trump’s emergency declaration to build a border wall, he told the Star-Telegram Tuesday.

“I am still assessing the legal authority of the arguments that the administration is putting forward,” Cruz said after a meeting with White House lawyers off the Senate chamber earlier that day.

“I emphatically agree that we have a crisis at the border and that we need to solve it, and I am grateful that the president and the administration are leading to secure the border and to build a wall,” said Cruz, who is among the Senate’s toughest border security voices.

“At the same time I’ve long said that any president, Republican or Democrat, must follow the constitution and must follow the laws,” added Cruz, a constitutional lawyer who made his career suing the federal government for overreach as Texas’ solicitor general.

“So I’m taking the time to consider and analyze the specific statutory authorities the administration is relying upon and their arguments as to why they might apply,” Cruz said.
I am sure he is talking to Senator Mike Lee about it.

Quote:
My initial assessment is that what Pres. Trump announced is legal. Whether or not it should be legal is a different matter. Congress has been ceding far too much power to the exec. branch for decades. We should use this moment as an opportunity to start taking that power back.
— Mike Lee (@SenMikeLee) February 15, 2019
If it is or is not a problem, Sen. Ted Cruz will explain it in detail. We will wait until the Senate addresses the issue. I hope the El Chapo bill is taken up and passed, because then we would have all the money we need and Mexico will actually pay for the wall. That would be my choice.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Not too mention the Y2K hype was over the top.
On that, at least, we can agree.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
in this Feb. 13, 2013 photo, statues of La Santa Muerte are shown at the Masks y Mas art store in Albuquerque, N.M. La Santa Muerte, an underworld saint most recently associated with the violent drug trade in Mexico, now is spreading throughout the U.S. among a new group of followers ranging from immigrant small business owners to artists and gay activists. In addition to showing up at drug crime scenes, the once-underground icon has been spotted on passion candles in Richmond, Va. grocery stores. (AP Photo/Russell Contreras)

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/la...of-the-border#
La Santa Muerte is the patroness of Mexico's Day of the Dead festival, in which families gather in cemeteries, bringing votive offerings to their deceased loved ones, expecting that the spirits of the dead will come and visit them. Children are especially taught to pray to the spirits of their dead ancestors.

La Santa Muerte is also seen as the patroness of homosexuals, transgenders, and etc., as they are seen as being on the outcasts of society. The largest official cult of La Santa Muerte endorses and officiates homosexual marriages.

La Santa Muerte is featured as an important character in the 2014 animated film The Book of Life. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bo...ife_(2014_film)

La Santa Muerte is frequently found on clothing and in art in general. I've seen icons like Marilyn Monroe reimagined as La Santa Muerte on t-shirts and hoodies. Also, children's coloring books and wall decorations, and such like, as well.

It is quite proliferated if one knows what to look for.

Most of the opioids that so many are overdosing on are not from legal, dr. written rx's but rather from black market druggists who get their supply from Mexican drug cartels, particularly fentanyl.

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/mexicos-drug-war

As the Judeo-Christian values of the West continue to decline in the United States, and the bulwark of Biblical religion erodes in this country, external spiritual forces invade and become internalized after first being normalized by those who have made a covenant with death (Isaiah 28:15), or in this case, a covenant with La Santa Muerte.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/