Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Registered Member

Persecution complex...

Anyone know how these should be dealt with when they are encountered?
Old 03-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Don't ask.

Re: Persecution complex...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
Just slap 'em.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 03-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Just slap 'em.
hahaha, but that just furthers their complex... the goal is not to make them get more entrenched in it. LOL
Old 03-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
I feel that you are threatening me by your question. I wasn't bothering anyone when suddenly you post a whole brand new thread singling me out and attacking me for no other reason than the pureness of my heart and my just motives.

I am thankful that I am not as others, whose compromise and infidelity to truth you can so easily ignore, but the righteousness of my cause has instead kindled such a flame of oppression within you that you have chosen to assault the moral ramparts of my integrity with the machinations of your lusty desires to do violence to my innocent person and thus bespoil the goodness that my name has heretofore caused to blossom in the tender hearts of the meek and lowly who will one day rise up against your determined and willful wrong doing and redeem my honor so that I may once again tread upon the green and fertile fields of peace.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
hahaha, but that just furthers their complex... the goal is not to make them get more entrenched in it. LOL
I have a hard time being patient with whiners. Even if they're my own kids. My response is usually to turn on my heel and walk away. Especially if it's one of my kids.

I wonder what Jesus would do? Probably not that....

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 03-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
I feel that you are threatening me by your question. I wasn't bothering anyone when suddenly you post a whole brand new thread singling me out and attacking me for no other reason than the pureness of my heart and my just motives.

I am thankful that I am not as others, whose compromise and infidelity to truth you can so easily ignore, but the righteousness of my cause has instead kindled such a flame of oppression within you that you have chosen to assault the moral ramparts of my integrity with the machinations of your lusty desires to do violence to my innocent person and thus bespoil the goodness that my name has heretofore caused to blossom in the tender hearts of the meek and lowly who will one day rise up against your determined and willful wrong doing and redeem my honor so that I may once again tread upon the green and fertile fields of peace.
LOL... sounds like theres one AMONG US.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
stoning works well...oh wait...never mind

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
I have a hard time being patient with whiners. Even if they're my own kids. My response is usually to turn on my heel and walk away. Especially if it's one of my kids.

I wonder what Jesus would do? Probably not that....
Well, assuming Jesus could wear heels, and assuming he could pull the 180 degree heel spin move off as smoothly as you... I imagine his response could be very similar to yours... He would probably strut away differently than you though... it would probably be a little more high and mighty knowing that he sits on the right hand of God while your strut is probably more like... yea my Holy Magic Hair is goina cast a spell on you... JKJKJKJK

Last edited by jfrog; 03-04-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
stoning works well...oh wait...never mind
Well that would definately put an end to the persecution complex... but I was hoping to have somewhat of a less disfigured person left after we are done.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post

This is GREAT! I ♥ it. Way to put your feelings on your sleeve and watch them run down your arm...(okay, that sentence is about to get awkward, so I'll just cut myself off midway!)

Also, I ♥ that I've figured out how to make those little ♥'s. It makes me happy. Happier than your post, actually, and I mean that in the worst possible way. *insert arched eyebrow emoticon here*

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road