Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 06-22-2018, 10:23 AM
Banned

Re: Can a plant be a "spirit"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
What synthetic cannabis? I remember spice and k2 coined their self that way. When i was in the world I use to smoke wax and dabs, but thats as far as my knowledge goes.
I know that spice and k2 has made a number of veterans sick spurring a push to legalize the real thing. What I read might be related to those products.

Quote:
I'd beware of synthetic anything though there is natural available. Gives em a chance to add whatever.
I know. If one is going to go that route, go for the natural stuff. No additives.

The pharmaceutical companies are lobbying to keep cannabis illegal, while trying to produce a synthetic product they can sell at high dollar to make profit. Big pharma is really concerned about legalization. Cannabis stands to address symptoms that most pharmaceutical companies have an expensive pill for. And if legalized, many people with conditions that cannabis has been shown to help will begin growing cannabis themselves. The last thing big pharma wants is people growing their own medication.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Funny how veterans been smoking dope all these years while it was illegal. Still had their issues with PTSD. Medical Marijuana is now looking to make lots of money. Now veterans smoke "legal" weed and are as healed as receiving the Holy Ghost?

EB, that's dumb.

Cannabis doesn't "cure" PTSD. It only helps manage the symptoms.

If a vet smoked cannabis, they might not experience the racing thoughts, nightmares, anxiety attacks, hypervigilance, or sudden rage for 3 to four days. Then, they'd notice the tension and anxiety returning and have to smoke some more. The vets that I know who do this only smoke two to three times a week. Normally in the evenings, an hour or so before bed. They don't sit around all day toking every day like some might. These guys turned to cannabis based on what they'd heard and read. They claim it has helped them with fewer undesirable side effects than the prescription meds they were taking.

The CBD products don't seem to be as strong or have as long a lasting effect, so I'm told. A person would have to take the CBD products every other day, or perhaps, every day.

Yes, every one of them admits that they dig the "high" compared to the meds they were on. Their prescription meds had them feeling like they were walking through a fog, and some have talked about erectile disfunction. One said he felt like he was in the "Twilight Zone" all day the entire time he was on the prescription meds. With cannabis, one only has a "high" for a couple hours, but the calming effect lasts a few days. There's no need to take meds or smoke again during those days. Life is relatively normal, with a deep centered calm. No background "mental chatter". When that chattering monkey mind starts up again, or they feel a sudden burst of anxiety that they can't shake, that's when they know that they might need to stay home that night, order out, stock up on Doritos, and get the kids to bed early so they can medicate.

Oh, here's an important factor...

None of these guys are into heavy drinking. That's a big factor to keep in mind. Vets that are heavy drinkers tend to not benefit from cannabis much at all compared to those who aren't heavy drinkers.

Last edited by Aquila; 06-22-2018 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Medical Marijuana is now looking to make lots of money.
True. And big pharma is wanting to cash in on it too.

But this is why many at the grass roots level would prefer full legalization. People could grow their own, and any profits that stand to be made can be made through small businesses, like the coffee shops in Amsterdam. Amsterdam is pretty cool. If you get the chance to go, and you're so inclined, go to a place called, Barney's. They run a decent establishment and they have great food. They're a good example of what's on the horizon, if you should need one.

Here's a link.

https://www.barneysamsterdam.com/

The free market can tame the savage beast.

Last edited by Aquila; 06-22-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:07 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Marijuana can't help anyone.

Jesus Christ can help everyone.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:45 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Marijuana can't help anyone.

Jesus Christ can help everyone.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 06-29-2018, 07:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
True. And big pharma is wanting to cash in on it too.

But this is why many at the grass roots level would prefer full legalization. People could grow their own, and any profits that stand to be made can be made through small businesses, like the coffee shops in Amsterdam. Amsterdam is pretty cool. If you get the chance to go, and you're so inclined, go to a place called, Barney's. They run a decent establishment and they have great food. They're a good example of what's on the horizon, if you should need one.

Here's a link.

https://www.barneysamsterdam.com/

The free market can tame the savage beast.
Bro. your advertising for a place that lets you buy and smoke weed. How are you not advocating for folks to get high? You mention "medical" marijuana use only and now your shifting from non smoking to folks growing it themselves. Dont you think this is a little too far? this is a christian forum.
Old 06-29-2018, 07:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
Bro. your advertising for a place that lets you buy and smoke weed. How are you not advocating for folks to get high? You mention "medical" marijuana use only and now your shifting from non smoking to folks growing it themselves. Dont you think this is a little too far? this is a christian forum.
You're right, thank you for catching that Apostolic1ness. I'm trying to clean up my act and get things in proper contexts.
- I support medicinal use.
- As a libertarian minded person, I favor legalization and treatment for addiction over this terribly expensive and failed "war on drugs" insanity that only criminalizes those who need help.
- And my suggestion above was in the context of a socially legal circumstance wherein an individual interested in this can legally look deeper into the issue for themselves without violating the law. It was also an example of how the free market can take something and clean it up.
Good call. What I said called for proper context. Thank you for allowing me to clarify. Good looking' out. Thanks bro.

Last edited by Aquila; 06-29-2018 at 07:38 AM.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:30 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
You're right, thank you for catching that Apostolic1ness. I'm trying to clean up my act and get things in proper contexts.
- I support medicinal use.
- As a libertarian minded person, I favor legalization and treatment for addiction over this terribly expensive and failed "war on drugs" insanity that only criminalizes those who need help.
- And my suggestion above was in the context of a socially legal circumstance wherein an individual interested in this can legally look deeper into the issue for themselves without violating the law. It was also an example of how the free market can take something and clean it up.
Good call. What I said called for proper context. Thank you for allowing me to clarify. Good looking' out. Thanks bro.
Making marijuana legal therefore makes it beneficial?
Old 07-02-2018, 08:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Making marijuana legal therefore makes it beneficial?
Legalization appeals to my more libertarian leanings. Legalization is more about politics.

No. Legalization isn't about something being beneficial or not. It is about decriminalizing those who might use cannabis for whatever reason. With our prison population bursting at the seams, law enforcement increasingly spread thin and distracted from more serious criminal activity, the number of lives unnecessarily ruined by a criminal record that need not be, and perhaps dozens of other factors, it just makes sense.

We've long been at a place wherein this is just as inefficient, costly, and entirely unnecessary, as alcohol prohibition was.

The way to deal with those who are non-violent addicts isn't to criminalize them and throw them in prison, it is to deal with their addiction as a health problem. But cannabis is questionable as to addiction. Studies have shown that cannabis is no more addictive than coffee. And withdraws are fairly manageable, as it is with caffeine. When compared to alcohol and cigarettes, it just makes no sense to continue this costly and draconian drug war against cannabis.

Through legalization of cannabis we can:
- Reduce the prison population significantly.
- Open up new markets for hemp/cannabis products and medication.
- Remove the stigma and criminalization that causes so many to fear seeking help if addicted.
- Affirm human liberty over the police state.
- Relieve an already spread thin law enforcement from being distracted from far more serious crimes.
- Remove barriers to more research on the medicinal value of cannabis.
- Allow those seeking the therapeutic benefits of cannabis to freely do so without the threat of being thrown in prison.
Nixon has had the federal government at war with this plant for over 60 years... and the plant continues to be used recreationally and medicinally, and is more popular today than it ever was. Clearly, cannabis has won the war. The war itself has become more dangerous to our freedom and the safety of our society than the plant. It's time to end the insanity. I believe Bill Murray put it best,
"I find it quite Ironic that the most dangerous thing about weed is getting caught with it." ~ Bill Murray
Legalization doesn't equate to being forced to use it. Nor does legalization make a moral declaration about a thing. Those who are against using it can freely continue not to use it. Those who wish to preach against its use can freely preach against it just as they preach against alcohol, cigarettes, and Playboy Magazine. But we can end this criminalization of people who are really no threat to anyone, unless they are a pizza. We can end the criminalization of veterans seeking relief from PTSD. We can end the criminalization of parents seeking treatments for their children's epilepsy. We can end the criminalization of those who want relief from the symptoms of Parkinson's. And the list could go on and on.

It should be noted that legalization doesn't mean that cannabis becomes acceptable in all contexts. It will still be subject to the same laws and regulatory measures as wine and liquor. Driving or operating heavy machinery while under the influence will be illegal. So, the idea that legalization is about a chaos with bus drivers and crane operators legally toking it up while behind the wheel of heavy equipment is a gross exaggeration of the position. Such would continue to be illegal.

Last edited by Aquila; 07-02-2018 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:38 AM
Registered Member

Ron Paul 2020?