Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

Re: Nathaniel Haney accused of hate speech

It is noteworthy our Lord did not mention pagan gods in any of the gospel accounts.

The riot at Ephesus deserves more attention and I need to think it through.

But there is no steady negative rhetoric of other religions in the epistles.

I interact with a wide range of citizens in a role I play in Wisconsin. I listen and do not judge beliefs that are different from my own. But I do apologize for my beliefs. There is a balance to it. Slandering or speaking in a demeaning way of other belief systems does not contribute to the democratic process.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:06 PM
Administrator

I think the Acts 19 situation wasn't really about "Great is Diana of the Ephesians", but was first a false flag operation undertaken by the local Diana shrine maker to work over the idol makers who then became worried that an en masse conversion to Christianity was going to cost them their bottom-line, so they fomented a rage against Paul to save their profit margins, and Demetrius laughed all the way to the bank.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 02-04-2017, 02:33 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
The lady who recorded Bro. Haney's message has placed the church in far more danger than anything he said. I don't know the context of his words because the news clip only placed in their bits and pieces. I don't think it is fair to fragment a man's message like that. Those who view the news don't what came before and behind his comments. This is a sad story for religious freedom.
She got her 10 min

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:11 AM
Administrator

As the norms of society move further and further away from biblical truths the demonization of churches, pastors, and saints of the same will just increase.

Did you guys see where recently that couple from Waco Texas who have a popular show on HGTV were trashed by the LGBT community as well as mainstream media because there was video of their church pastor speaking out, in a very measured and mild way, against gay marriage? It blows my mind that in just a few short years we have moved to the point that holding a view of marriage that has been held for thousands of years in Western Civilization is suddenly something horribly wrong and makes you a terrible and intolerant person.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 02-04-2017, 09:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
As the norms of society move further and further away from biblical truths the demonization of churches, pastors, and saints of the same will just increase.

Did you guys see where recently that couple from Waco Texas who have a popular show on HGTV were trashed by the LGBT community as well as mainstream media because there was video of their church pastor speaking out, in a very measured and mild way, against gay marriage? It blows my mind that in just a few short years we have moved to the point that holding a view of marriage that has been held for thousands of years in Western Civilization is suddenly something horribly wrong and makes you a terrible and intolerant person.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:36 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:

The special snowflakes in our society refuse to grow up. They think if they throw enough temper tantrums that we'll just cave into them. And you know what, we have. That's a major part of why society has spiraled out of control, because we didn't tell the children 'no'. We finally reached a breaking point, and are giving them the figurative spanking that they've needed for years. That's why there's so much anguish on the left, because they don't like being spanked.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:17 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
It is noteworthy our Lord did not mention pagan gods in any of the gospel accounts.

The riot at Ephesus deserves more attention and I need to think it through.

But there is no steady negative rhetoric of other religions in the epistles.

I interact with a wide range of citizens in a role I play in Wisconsin. I listen and do not judge beliefs that are different from my own. But I do apologize for my beliefs. There is a balance to it. Slandering or speaking in a demeaning way of other belief systems does not contribute to the democratic process.
Paul taught that other religions were devil-worship, that the gods were "dumb idols", that pagan religion was "the table of demons" and of Belial, etc.

Jesus told a Samaritan woman she and her whole religious community and nation didn't know what they worshipped and that the religion of the Judeans, His own people, was superior and exclusively right.

Jesus regularly thumped other denominations as a matter of routine, and it basically got Him crucified.

Stephen was martyred because he told a religious people they were apostates, stiff-necked and rebellious, and always on the wrong side of right.

The Old Testament, 3/4ths of the entire Word of God, barely goes one or two chapters without denouncing all other religions as stupid, foolish, evil, abominable, execrable, disgusting, and DESERVING OF DEATH.

The Bible is "hate speech" in its purest form, and that's why modern sissy snowflakes - in and out of the church - choke on it so much.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-04-2017, 12:35 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:

I just got my BOTT CDs in the mail, and this is how Bro Bernard begins his message, saying God is giving us a window of revival.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:11 PM
crakjak

"...those kinds of underwear....? How does he know what kind of underwear that all those men wear?? LOL, not a fan of this kind of preaching, it is not the gospel.

I do think this world has gone crazy!!! Whining about any and everything someone says!! But what do you expect from people that elected Gov. Moonbeam in CA.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 02-04-2017, 04:10 PM
Registered Member

There was considerable tension between Judaism and early Christianity. But these were, at the time, 2 aspects of the same faith. They were not completely different religions.

Our Lord did criticize those of his own faith, he did not specifically slander other religions of the ancient near east. He could have, he did not.

This example by our Lord is noteworthy.