Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-19-2017, 09:05 AM
Registered Member

Re: Heretics and Politics by Thomas A. Fudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
derAlte beautifully written post.

May I suggest taking omega 3, 6, and 9 in one capsule, also collagen, MSM, glucosamine. It won't get rid of the gray, but your joints will feel awesome.

This powder drink is very good. It helped get rid of my tennis elbow that developed with Mountain Biking.

http://www.dpsnutrition.net/i/17522/...SABEgL_w_D_BwE
Thanks for the advice. I do take glucosamine which helps. I'll have to look into the other things you suggest. My wife and I laugh about "Grandma & Grandpa's pills."
Old 09-19-2017, 09:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navygoat1998 View Post
Elder I have always thought that the PCI leaned more towards the one step view of Salvation.
You are correct in leadership not necessarily in membership. Goss, Gurley, Yadons, others did not believe the new birth message.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:22 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by derAlte View Post
Thanks for the advice. I do take glucosamine which helps. I'll have to look into the other things you suggest. My wife and I laugh about "Grandma & Grandpa's pills."
Glucosamine needs to be combined with MSM. The three omegas will help you tremendously. Also try one year of absolutely no grains, meaning no gluten.
It has been shown that arthritis thrives in a body which has a gluten diet.

Also please look into trying Innoflex.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:26 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by navygoat1998 View Post
Elder I have always thought that the PCI leaned more towards the one step view of Salvation.
Bro, what do you believe one step to be?

Sure isn't baptism either in titles, or Jesus name.

No infilling of the Holy Ghost with initial evidence of speaking in other tongues.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:34 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Howard Goss never believed the necessity of the new birth message. He received the HGB under Parham. He was converted to Durham's position then to Ewart & Cook's position.
Ewart and Cook didn't believe the new birth message? Ive read Ewart's book and I suspect he would scare the daylights out of today's "one stepper wanna-be PCI" folks.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-19-2017, 10:37 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
On that note, where does one of a Oneness position turn to for support if they want to be a missionary?
God and their local church. Early Pentecostals often didn't even have the local church part to support them, but they somehow did more missionary work than everyone post-Acts.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-20-2017, 06:46 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Ewart and Cook didn't believe the new birth message? Ive read Ewart's book and I suspect he would scare the daylights out of today's "one stepper wanna-be PCI" folks.
Which book?
Old 09-20-2017, 09:20 AM
Registered Member

I’m not sure I understand completely the definitions of one-steppers, two-steppers, and three-steppers that have been bandied about on this forum. It reminds me of antique dances from the Jim Crow South i.e. The South Georgia Two-Step. (I can picture this being the title on a ratty old piece of sheet music from the 1920s sitting on my grandmother's upright piano with a picture of Eddie Cantor in blackface.)

Straighten me out if I’m wrong…one-steppers believe you’re saved when you believe or accept Christ as your personal Savior and if you get hit with a meteor at the altar or after shaking the preacher's hand but before you make it into the baptismal tank, it’s all good. Two-steppers must believe that after repentance and water baptism in Jesus’ Name the meteor strikes while you’re still all wet and shivering in the changing room drying your hair, then you’re still in like Flynn. Three steppers must believe the full Acts 2:38 message, i.e. you better be talking in tongues instead of shivering when that meteor hits you if you want to make heaven your home. I know I’m being a smart-mouth but do I perceive this correctly?

Last edited by derAlte; 09-20-2017 at 09:28 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:03 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by derAlte View Post
I’m not sure I understand completely the definitions of one-steppers, two-steppers, and three-steppers that have been bandied about on this forum. It reminds me of antique dances from the Jim Crow South i.e. The South Georgia Two-Step. (I can picture this being the title on a ratty old piece of sheet music from the 1920s sitting on my grandmother's upright piano with a picture of Eddie Cantor in blackface.)

Straighten me out if I’m wrong…one-steppers believe you’re saved when you believe or accept Christ as your personal Savior and if you get hit with a meteor at the altar or after shaking the preacher's hand but before you make it into the baptismal tank, it’s all good. Two-steppers must believe that after repentance and water baptism in Jesus’ Name the meteor strikes while you’re still all wet and shivering in the changing room drying your hair, then you’re still in like Flynn. Three steppers must believe the full Acts 2:38 message, i.e. you better be talking in tongues instead of shivering when that meteor hits you if you want to make heaven your home. I know I’m being a smart-mouth but do I perceive this correctly?
You understand.
The Bible is wholistic not fragmented like some would perceive.

If the apostles taught it was about steps then the steps would far surpass three. People tend to try to make a Ray Kroc/Henry Ford religion. Jesus becomes the Burger Boy. He makes it fast, He makes it easy, you aren't judged. You come to Him in sin, and stay with Him in sin. You are a sinner saved by Grace, and remain a sinner even while you are in heaven eating a bowl full of healing leaves.

Mainstream Christianity is about being wretched creatures unable to be transformed by the Cross of Jesus Christ.

They constantly remind you that they despise their own behavior but never change that behavior. They stay in churches were the Holy Ghost isn't sought to the receiving of it. No tongues, no changes, continually giving excuses that they can't stop thinking thoughts which would make the devil shudder.

Hence the steps get whittled down to a meager one or two.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:14 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Which book?
Phenomenon of Pentecost.