Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library
Facebook

Notices

The Library The Library for posting Articles and recommended reading.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:41 AM
Registered Saint

Re: Acts 2:38 Three-Step Salvation Book Coming!

Old 01-09-2015, 12:47 AM
NW Acts 2:38 Son

Consider this,

Elder P. Price said he once found a bible study-track that said, "3 easy steps to salvation" he laughed, threw it away, and said," There are more than three steps to salvation and none of em are easy!"

LOL
Where's the Book ?

Yours,
J.A. Perez
Old 01-09-2015, 10:41 AM
Not riding the train

Thought about your book when I read this passage in Thessalonians.

I Thessalonians 1:4-5 "Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God. For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake." (KJV)

I Thessalonians 1:4-5 "We know, dear brothers and sisters, that God loves you and has chosen you to be his own people. For when we brought you the Good News, it was not only with words but also with power, for the Holy Spirit gave you full assurance that what we said was true." (NLT)
Old 01-10-2015, 10:03 AM
On the road less traveled

I have listened and considered the positions of the one-steppers and of course growing up, hearing the three-step position (although I never knew it had such a name then, lol).

The bottom line thing that has convinced me to stand solidly in the "three-stepper" position is this.

Regardless of the varying interpretations of different scriptures on the matter, when you read the book of Acts, and see the actual accounts of how those were sinners became saved, you see their doctrine in action.

The doctrine in action was repent, be baptized in the name of Jesus, and to receive the spirit of God, which was "HEARD" in Acts 10:42-48.

In my opinion... again you cannot deny the three step experience that took place in Acts 10. The doctrine the apostles taught was put into action throughout the book of Acts. That, to me, signed and sealed the deal, regardless of how people want to argue about the various writings on the subjects throughout the NT.

What did the apostles think was necessary for salvation? How did they put it into action? If it was necessary for them then, then it should be necessary today too.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:55 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
I have listened and considered the positions of the one-steppers and of course growing up, hearing the three-step position (although I never knew it had such a name then, lol).

The bottom line thing that has convinced me to stand solidly in the "three-stepper" position is this.

Regardless of the varying interpretations of different scriptures on the matter, when you read the book of Acts, and see the actual accounts of how those were sinners became saved, you see their doctrine in action.

The doctrine in action was repent, be baptized in the name of Jesus, and to receive the spirit of God, which was "HEARD" in Acts 10:42-48.

In my opinion... again you cannot deny the three step experience that took place in Acts 10. The doctrine the apostles taught was put into action throughout the book of Acts. That, to me, signed and sealed the deal, regardless of how people want to argue about the various writings on the subjects throughout the NT.

What did the apostles think was necessary for salvation? How did they put it into action? If it was necessary for them then, then it should be necessary today too.
Awesome!!
Old 01-10-2015, 12:23 PM
Yeshua is God

Soon I will be coming out with my 7 steps to salvation book.

anyone coming up with a 12 steps to salvation book?
Old 01-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Registered Saint

My book on salvation is coming out soon. Mine includes 24 steps! The same numbers of elders in Heaven.

King James Bible
And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:41 PM
Registered Member

I never heard it called three step until this forum. lol. I certainly don't call it that. I call it Acts 2:38 salvation.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 01-10-2015, 08:17 PM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I never heard it called three step until this forum. lol. I certainly don't call it that. I call it Acts 2:38 salvation.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:37 AM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I wonder if it is a coined phrase that someone came up with here on this forum? I've mentioned the one-step and three-step to other people who have studied a lot, and they have never heard of it either. Makes me wonder if it is an AFF thing?