Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

Tongue & Interpretation Yesterday

A poster named Praxeas created a tongue and interpretation thread a few days ago. Within that thread I mentioned of having a confirmation in my spirit when a genuine T&I message of God proceeded.

In the last tongue & interpretation (T&I) I questioned if the wording was from God. Two reasons:

1) I didn't feel the confirmation in my spirit
2) God would not tell the church to prepare their harvest. The harvest belongs to God (Matt 9:38). The harvest isn't ours personally as the interpretor inferred.

From my experience, there's usually a "hush" and then there's a single person who begins to speak in tongues. I've also encountered where congregants are speaking in tongues, and then there's a person whom dominates all tongues as he/she begins to speak in a loud authoritative tongue and everyone becomes quiet.

Well yesterday everyone was speaking in tongues during worship. The music stopped and all were still speaking in tongues. There was no "hush", just people praying in the spirit. The person at the pulpit said God wants to speak, but people were just praying.

I then told God, if this isn't a genuine message from you, keep the person's mouth at the pulpit shut.

So the person at the pulpit said, let God use you, let God use you. So we all kept praying and calling on God. There was no "hush" nor a dominate tongue speaker, we were all just worshiping God.

I then felt to walk out of the sanctuary and began praying as I began walking down the hallway.

Right as I walked out of the sanctuary, the person at the pulpit began delivering a tongues & interpretation message. Where was the "tongue" message to interpret? There was none.

Then a thought came to my mind as I was walking the hallway praying, that this person's mind was made up that God was going to speak.

God answered my petition while I remained in the sanctuary, and he had to remove me from the sanctuary because this person's mind was made up that God was going to speak-

Last edited by Jacob's Ladder; 06-27-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Don't ask.

Re: Tongue & Interpretation Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
A poster named Praxeas created a tongue and interpretation thread a few days ago. Within that thread I mentioned of having a confirmation in my spirit when a genuine T&I message of God proceeded.

In the last tongue & interpretation (T&I) I questioned if the wording was from God. Two reasons:

1) I didn't feel the confirmation in my spirit
2) God would not tell the church to prepare their harvest. The harvest belongs to God (Matt 9:38). The harvest isn't ours personally as the interpretor inferred.

From my experience, there's usually a "hush" and then there's a single person who begins to speak in tongues. I've also encountered where congregants are speaking in tongues, and then there's a person whom dominates all tongues as he/she begins to speak in a loud authoritative tongue and everyone becomes quiet.

Well yesterday everyone was speaking in tongues during worship. The music stopped and all were still speaking in tongues. There was no "hush", just people praying in the spirit. The person at the pulpit said God wants to speak, but people were just praying.

I then told God, if this isn't a genuine message from you, keep the person's mouth at the pulpit shut.

So the person at the pulpit said, let God use you, let God use you. So we all kept praying and calling on God. There was no "hush" nor a dominate tongue speaker, we were all just worshiping God.

I then felt to walk out of the sanctuary and began praying as I began walking down the hallway.

Right as I walked out of the sanctuary, the person at the pulpit began delivering a tongues & interpretation message. Where was the "tongue" message to interpret? There was none.

Then a thought came to my mind as I was walking the hallway praying, that this person's mind was made up that God was going to speak.

God answered my petition while I remained in the sanctuary, and he had to remove me from the sanctuary because this person's mind was made up that God was going to speak-
Maybe the person at the pulpit felt a confirmation.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 06-27-2011, 12:16 PM
General Overseer, A.F.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Maybe the person at the pulpit felt a confirmation.
I really don't see the problem with your story. I have been in the situation myself plenty of times where God wanted to give a message and no one would be obedient and speak so I just had to give the interpretation. Who says that God has to have a "hush" or a voice of authority? Tongues is a gift given to people and WE control the gift, God gave it to us, its up to us how we use it.

Maybe next time, instead of asking God to shut someone up you may not think is hearing from God, try telling God that if someone else wont speak that you are willing to do it! May be a whole new experience for you!
Apostolic is an understanding that God has finally and completely revealed Himself to all mankind through His incarnation as Jesus Christ. He has revealed to all a way of life, love and forgiveness that leads to a right relationship with Him and with each other.

~Repairing the Apostolic Church, Apostle W. Carey & Bishop N. Morales
Old 06-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorTLArt View Post
I really don't see the problem with your story. I have been in the situation myself plenty of times where God wanted to give a message and no one would be obedient and speak so I just had to give the interpretation. Who says that God has to have a "hush" or a voice of authority? Tongues is a gift given to people and WE control the gift, God gave it to us, its up to us how we use it.

Maybe next time, instead of asking God to shut someone up you may not think is hearing from God, try telling God that if someone else wont speak that you are willing to do it! May be a whole new experience for you!
I agree with the "Who says that God has to have a hush..." in fact often that "hush" begins when we hear someone speaking in tongues really loud. I think most people sense there will be tongues at some point and when the hear the tongues then they be quiet.

The bible says "different operations but the same gift"

Another thing, maybe someone did speak in tongues but they didn't speak loud, not recognizing that it was the gift?

My question though is what is the difference between T&I and prophesy? Both edify the church but only one is preceeded by tongues

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

well their Harvest could be a corredt term, cause we are one in christ, and Christ is one in us just as He is one with His father.

He sent us out to labor in fields we didnt plant, but you better believe we can enjoy the harvestinf of souls. If the angels in heaven have a revival over a sinner repenting why cant we? We dnt take the Glory for it we give it to God. so im not sure i see anything wrong with the statement prepare for your harvest.

2 farmers prayed for a needed rain.
1 farmer went out and planted his seeds, the other did not.

who was preparing for the harvest?

shouldnt we in like manner so seeds and prepare for the harvest
Old 06-27-2011, 02:28 PM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Jacob's Ladder,

Not to be critical of you or any conclusions you may have drawn from your experience, however, I would like to suggest that you take some time alone with God while you examine your own spirit as to whether or not you have been un-dually critical from a preset perspective that might not be altogether correct. A critical spirit can hinder the flow of the Spirit in the life a man.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Registered Member

I am so glad I go to a church where this type of confusion isn't happening.

At our church if a person has a message they are to submit it to the board of elders and only after 1) they agree to be held accountable by the elders, 2) the elders confirm that there is no departure from scripture in the message and 3) the elders feel that it is helpful to the body will they agree to release the message.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Idk pracks,

In the T.I.'s that I've witnessed the "hush" preceded the tongues.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Idk pracks,

In the T.I.'s that I've witnessed the "hush" preceded the tongues.
I've seen both. Sometimes, the tongues will jump into a pause in the preaching, and sometimes it just interrupts it. If it's a time of corporate praise, sometimes someone will raise the volume above everything, and everyone takes the cue to hush. Other times, a lull happens and someone takes that as the cue to speak up with tongues. (Whether God hushed everyone up or it's just some kind of Pentecostal crowd dynamic going on, who knows?)
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 06-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaguitar View Post
I am so glad I go to a church where this type of confusion isn't happening.

At our church if a person has a message they are to submit it to the board of elders and only after 1) they agree to be held accountable by the elders, 2) the elders confirm that there is no departure from scripture in the message and 3) the elders feel that it is helpful to the body will they agree to release the message.
ROFL...was this satire? Please tell me it was satire.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.