Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Repentance after a Prophetic Word (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=50316)

Evang.Benincasa 11-27-2016 04:08 PM

Re: Repentance after a Prophetic Word

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 1457562)

Oh no, Timmy's asking scary questions again.

SMH.

It's called, casting pearl. :lol

Timmy, you might be a hit on some other forum, while you play "Stump the Christians" but around here, We know who you are, Bronze!

:laffatu

Graham 11-27-2016 09:53 PM

I'm not sure if this post is dead yet, but thought I'd throw this out regarding contemporary prophecy. The one time I heard a prophecy that came to pass was kind of long ago. I believe it was Brother Kilgore. He was preaching actually and he got to talking about when people cross the line. I don't remember the exact words, but he mentioned that Jimmy Swaggart (spelling?) had finally directly spoken out against the apostolic doctrine (I can't remember if it was oneness or Acts 2:38 or what) and Brother Kilgore gave an example of someone he knew in the past who had crossed that line and Brother Kilgore said something like: "Mark my word now, he's going to fall into judgement for that." It wasn't too long after that that I saw where Swaggart was in the news and the whole 9 yards. I believe that was a genuine prophecy.

houston 11-28-2016 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfblume (Post 1457568)
Sorry, you have a history. I'd gladly answer anything you asked if you had no ulterior motives. The Bible tells us to avoid, otherwise.

But you all entertained shazeep.

Evang.Benincasa 11-28-2016 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houston (Post 1457802)

So you believe Gladiator School should continue? :lol

houston 11-28-2016 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa (Post 1457811)
So you believe Gladiator School should continue? :lol

No. I think shazeep should have been ignored long ago.

mfblume 11-28-2016 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houston (Post 1457802)

Which was a mistake.

mfblume 11-28-2016 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houston (Post 1457834)
No. I think shazeep should have been ignored long ago.

Agreed. But a lot of discussion that went on with that sort was only for want of something else to do which wasn't there. You read the forum, see nothing to really add anything to, and then run across that, and post just for something to do.

KeptByTheWord 11-28-2016 06:43 PM

I have posted with Shaz on and off for years, and he was always for the most part respectful. It was just in the last month or two of posting with him that he got quite derogatory with his remarks.

I don't mind interacting with someone who shares different views than myself. I find that if a person truly believes them, and is searching, and doesn't have a hateful attitude, that you can discuss in a reasonable way, even if you never agree, or have to agree to disagree.

However, when someone outright disrespects scripture that is where the line needs to be drawn in the sand. And when insults become quite personal and derogatory, discussion cannot continue either.

KeptByTheWord 11-28-2016 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfblume (Post 1457859)
Agreed. But a lot of discussion that went on with that sort was only for want of something else to do which wasn't there. You read the forum, see nothing to really add anything to, and then run across that, and post just for something to do.

That's true. When the political stuff takes over the forum postings, and you are from a different country, there is not much of interest there to talk about, lol.

Evang.Benincasa 11-28-2016 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord (Post 1457867)
However, when someone outright disrespects scripture that is where the line needs to be drawn in the sand. And when insults become quite personal and derogatory, discussion cannot continue either.

https://67.media.tumblr.com/3f30e5af...n00mo1_500.gif