Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-14-2013, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

Re: Did Oprah Winfrey lie about alleged racist cle

I think there is an agenda to be kept.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 08-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus2woman View Post
I seriously doubt that anyone besides an Aboriginal tribesman from the deep recesses of the jungle would not recognize Oprah, TV-less Pentecostal preachers included.

I think she made it up plain and simple based on the store clerks quick reaction and frank statement that it is untrue.

I believe OW has an agenda and a overwhelming desire to be in the spotlight that has again overwhelmed her sense of decency.
I doubt that many non-American's readily recognize her. They might have heard of her but not necessarily recognize her.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
I think it is ridiculous that you think that the outrage over the Missouri incident is ridiculous.

It was a white person who spoke up, who said it reminded them of a Klan rally.

Yes there were racial overtones to that nonsense-- but there was an advocation of violence against your President and my President-- with a stadium of cheering Americans. That is just as disturbing a the racial overtones to that nonsense.
What was the racial overtones? Why isn't it racial when it was the Bush mask instead? He was your president too right?

the white person speaking up is a reaction of White America to the constant barrage of mind manipulation by the media. I see a lot of White people who have drunken the koolaid. That is what scares me is how easy it is for Americans to be brainwashed by the media.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillStanding View Post
I like what Dennis Miller said: "The rodeo clown should contact Putin and request asylum"

Banning the clown for life, and the NAACP requesting a federal investigation is over-reaction at its finest! BTW, I believe the rodeo clown incident was in bad taste. Kinda like when a George Bush mask was used in a rodeo in PA a few years ago.
For reals!

Old 08-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I agree that too many people, not just black people, are too quick to pull the race card, for whatever their purposes may be.

However, in this situation, Oprah's assertion was very specific.

I don't think Oprah lied.

I don't think the store clerk realized she was speaking with Oprah Winfrey-- but it doesn't excuse what she did, whether she was speaking with Oprah or my own mother.

May the sun bring you new energy by day, the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life~
(¯`•´¯) ★.¸¸.•*♥
*• ¸.•*☆ *♥ ☯♪♥ N ҉ A ҉ M ҉ A ҉ S ҉ T ҉ E ♥♪☯
✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿
Old 08-14-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
I doubt that many non-American's readily recognize her. They might have heard of her but not necessarily recognize her.
Per Wikipedia:

International syndication of The Oprah show aired on most ABC-owned stations in the United States (as well as various other stations through CBS Television Distribution, successor to King World), CTV in most Canadian markets,[93] Diva TV in the United Kingdom, Diva Universal in Malaysia,[94] TV3 in Ireland,[95] GNT in Brazil, national TV3 in Sweden, Network Ten in Australia, La7d in Italy, MBC 4 in the Arab world, MetroTV in Indonesia, FARSI1 in Iran and in the Netherlands on RTL4.

The show aired in 149 countries worldwide and was often renamed and dubbed into other languages
Old 08-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
I agree that too many people, not just black people, are too quick to pull the race card, for whatever their purposes may be.

However, in this situation, Oprah's assertion was very specific.

I don't think Oprah lied.

I don't think the store clerk realized she was speaking with Oprah Winfrey-- but it doesn't excuse what she did, whether she was speaking with Oprah or my own mother.
The clerk lied? She says its untrue...

Old 08-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus2woman View Post
Per Wikipedia:

International syndication of The Oprah show aired on most ABC-owned stations in the United States (as well as various other stations through CBS Television Distribution, successor to King World), CTV in most Canadian markets,[93] Diva TV in the United Kingdom, Diva Universal in Malaysia,[94] TV3 in Ireland,[95] GNT in Brazil, national TV3 in Sweden, Network Ten in Australia, La7d in Italy, MBC 4 in the Arab world, MetroTV in Indonesia, FARSI1 in Iran and in the Netherlands on RTL4.

The show aired in 149 countries worldwide and was often renamed and dubbed into other languages
Lots of America shows air around the world. That still does not make her readily recognizable to everyone in those nations unless they actually watched her often. Especially when you arent expecting her to show up in your country. Not everyone watches her show

Old 08-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle of what Oprah said happened, and what the clerk said happened. Remember that this is in a foreign country where English is a 2nd or 3rd language. Probably miscommunication and misunderstanding more than anything else.

I read a commentary that said that high end shops like that are taught to size up people when they first enter the store as to whether they are a serious shopper or not by how they look and dress. There is just as much weight profiling as race profiling. Oprah had both going against her since they didn't recognize her.

If you consider the "sizing up", plus the fact that Oprah usually has people falling over themselves to help her because she is famous, I could understand her lack of patience with the clerk.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Go Dodgers!

The article said there was one person with her. Ok if she is that widely recognized how did she get in without a throng of gawkers? Maybe she went out incogneto? No makeup. Dress down in sweats?