Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 07-05-2023, 04:59 PM
Registered Member

Help

I feel like I’m hanging on by a thread. I’ve been attending church under family for years. One of the family members have become so spiteful towards me. Everything I do is the problem, I finally had had enough of the blunt in your face I dare you to say something That I stopped going and I told them I wasn’t coming back now and they were telling people to not have anything to do with my children and when I asked about it, they deny they are doing that about everything they do something really cold and hurtful and then when held accountable, they say they didn’t . I feel so rejected and so lone and I have no one to talk to told even want to put this out there because I don’t want anyone to know I’m not even talking about her I believe in respect in ministry I have tried to leave quietly I am so heartbroken.
Old 07-05-2023, 05:22 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Help

I'm sorry you are hurting, how can we help?
Old 07-05-2023, 05:26 PM
Registered Member

I don’t know. Am I right in leaving? Will god leave me?
Old 07-05-2023, 05:31 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightwyfe85 View Post
I don’t know. Am I right in leaving? Will god leave me?
Giving advice over the internet to someone you don't know might not be a good idea.

Let me just suggest this. If you don't think you can continue in that church, can you find a church where you can attend?
Old 07-05-2023, 05:37 PM
Registered Member

Yes I can I just was always taught if you leave a church your wrong no matter what so I’m struggling
Old 07-05-2023, 05:44 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Yes I can I just was always taught if you leave a church your wrong no matter what so I’m struggling
Find a way to raise your kids in church cause there is nothing more precious than your babies. Pray and ask God where he wants you and what he wants you to do so your family can be in church.
Old 07-06-2023, 01:03 AM
Registered Member

God will NEVER leave you or forsake you. That is Bible. Your church is a controlling church
They have lied to you when they deny what you have confronted them with. Don't live under guilt and condemnation. Sounds like the church leader has tried to make themselves Lord over God's heritage. We had a similiar situation years age and we left the family church. Family members shunned us but we left and eventually left the state and through a period of time, God blessed us. The previous pastor ended up loosing his mind, his church. It was awful. Very hard on us as we were taught the same thing as you as far as following church leadership. So I would tell you to leave and find a church where you and your family can grow spiritually and work for God. Get out from under guilt and condemnation.
Old 07-06-2023, 09:33 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE JESUS View Post
God will NEVER leave you or forsake you. That is Bible. Your church is a controlling church
They have lied to you when they deny what you have confronted them with. Don't live under guilt and condemnation. Sounds like the church leader has tried to make themselves Lord over God's heritage. We had a similiar situation years age and we left the family church. Family members shunned us but we left and eventually left the state and through a period of time, God blessed us. The previous pastor ended up loosing his mind, his church. It was awful. Very hard on us as we were taught the same thing as you as far as following church leadership. So I would tell you to leave and find a church where you and your family can grow spiritually and work for God. Get out from under guilt and condemnation.
Honestly, if you read the bible from cover to cover, Genesis to Revelation. God has no issues with wiping people from off the face of the earth in a heartbeat if they disobey his commands: ie, the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, the Egyptians (in Exodus) the cannanites who were devoted to destruction, the Israelites who broke covenant and were conquered by Assyria and Babylon, Ananias and Sapphira, lots of people in the Revelation.

He will never leave you or forsake you if you keep His commands, otherwise, you are appointed for destruction unless you repent (see the book of Deuteronomy), you will perish.(Luke 13:3-5 KJV)

That all being said too many pulpiteers want you to think that you can only be saved from their church, WRONG.

It is important though to seek God and check your motives, find a church where you and your family can live for God.

Last edited by Amanah; 07-06-2023 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-07-2023, 09:02 PM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
I feel like I’m hanging on by a thread. I’ve been attending church under family for years. One of the family members have become so spiteful towards me. Everything I do is the problem, I finally had had enough of the blunt in your face I dare you to say something That I stopped going and I told them I wasn’t coming back now and they were telling people to not have anything to do with my children and when I asked about it, they deny they are doing that about everything they do something really cold and hurtful and then when held accountable, they say they didn’t . I feel so rejected and so lone and I have no one to talk to told even want to put this out there because I don’t want anyone to know I’m not even talking about her I believe in respect in ministry I have tried to leave quietly I am so heartbroken.
I am so sorry that you are going through a hard trial. I will help you pray that God gives you the right direction to take so that you and your children can live for Him in peace. God bless and keep you.
Old 07-24-2023, 08:30 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Honestly, if you read the bible from cover to cover, Genesis to Revelation. God has no issues with wiping people from off the face of the earth in a heartbeat if they disobey his commands: ie, the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, the Egyptians (in Exodus) the cannanites who were devoted to destruction, the Israelites who broke covenant and were conquered by Assyria and Babylon, Ananias and Sapphira, lots of people in the Revelation.

He will never leave you or forsake you if you keep His commands, otherwise, you are appointed for destruction unless you repent (see the book of Deuteronomy), you will perish.(Luke 13:3-5 KJV)

That all being said too many pulpiteers want you to think that you can only be saved from their church, WRONG.

It is important though to seek God and check your motives, find a church where you and your family can live for God.