Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2020, 06:42 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Ghost are they real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
But only after Samuel's identity is affirmed by the witch. Saul couldn't see or hear anything. Everything is going through the medium. It specifically says "by the familiar spirit". She's channeling.

If it really is Samuel, then a demonised witch can raise the dead and wring forth genuine prophecy on demand even after God has refused to speak???? That sounds crazy, bro.
My point is not about the characters in the story. My whole point is what the author tells us about the who is who in the story. We are being told by the author who the characters are. The witch did nothing, she was shocked that she screamed, because now she was really in trouble. But God wouldn't answer Saul when he was trying the regular legal means. Saul even goes as far to gain some points with God by killing off the witches. But, Saul is Saul, and when he doesn't get his way, he asks his law breaking stooges "where are some witches I can parley with?" They didn't say, "well, you know king that we got rid of them all?" No, they knew where they could find the dirty politician a witch. So, Saul has finally filled the cup to overflowing, he will not be told a sweet love message about winning or losing a war, whether to go or to stay. But his old prophet is awakened to tell Saul, that he and his lineage is done like the dinner dishes. We read no more about anyone bringing up dead people. We only have one, and that one was the wax job on Saul's Cadillac. Again, the only one who tells us who the spirit really is, is the writer of the story. If he would of wrote, and the SPIRIT said to Saul. Then well, we would know it surely wasn't Samuel. But, the writer tells us it is indeed Samuel. I didn't write the story, so I'm not crazy, the writer of 1st Samuel is crazy.

Last edited by Evang.Benincasa; 03-12-2020 at 06:45 PM.