Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-28-2012, 10:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710

8 months? Slacker. Other than work and church that is about all I wear. I have more shorts than I have pants.
Total sinner. ;-p
Old 07-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Re: Upc stance on Men's "shorts"

Don't like shorts too much, and this has nothing to do with a "standard".

I would say to the knee is fine.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 07-28-2012, 10:25 PM

A few years ago, I never wore shorts. I didnt let my teenage son wear them either. I would go on long bike rides with jogging pants, that I had to duct tape the ankles, so they wouldn't get hung in the chain.

One day my teen son asked me why he couldn't wear shorts. I replied "we just don't". It wasn't much of an answer, he and I both knew.

Later, after discussing it with my wife, she and I decided if the line taught to her thruout the years was the knee("uncovering of the thigh"), why would it be any different for us guys. So, I told my son he could wear shorts, and I began to do the same.
I don't think there is a single guy at my local church, that has been there a few years, that EVER wears shorts(publicly). (that I'm aware of anyway)
I respect that tho. Just not sure why wearing them is frowned upon for guys, if women are not frowned upon for showing their calves as well....

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 07-28-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

I am not much interested in hearing a hard and fast line on this. Anthony Mangun, I was told, was featured on the front page of his hometown newspaper with shorts after things got stormy at sea when he was out on a boat. I think wearing modest shorts are fine for certain things. Since I work most of the time I wear long pants, and when Im not working I am sleeping with less (much less) clothes on... but no one asked about that did they?

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves

Last edited by Hoovie; 07-28-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:18 AM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post
Total sinner. ;-p
Guilty, but not for the shorts.

You live so close and yet almost everyday I need a coat in the morning and shorts in the afternoon, and summer for you...that just demands AC or swimming pool...did I mention I like most of my neighbors don't even have an AC?
Old 07-29-2012, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Guilty, but not for the shorts.

You live so close and yet almost everyday I need a coat in the morning and shorts in the afternoon, and summer for you...that just demands AC or swimming pool...did I mention I like most of my neighbors don't even have an AC?
AND you're evil!! ;-p
Old 07-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post
AND you're evil!! ;-p
Would I be less evil if I said you have an open invitation to visit anytime?
Old 07-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Would I be less evil if I said you have an open invitation to visit anytime?
That could definitely heal the wound a bit!! Yeah, we need to work something out!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:23 PM

So I get a thread going on shorts, two sinners want to meet up, and all another(sinner) wants to do is let the world know they sleep in their birthday suit....

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29
Old 07-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag
So I get a thread going on shorts, two sinners want to meet up, and all another(sinner) wants to do is let the world know they sleep in their birthday suit....

ROFL! Wait... sinners? Oooookaaay. >:-/