Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
change, doctrine, reformation

Old 04-07-2014, 05:01 AM
"Is there not a cause?"

Question The Reformation of the Pentecostal Movement

The inquisitive mind needs to know ...

Has anyone else seen an emergence of reformation in the midst of the Pentecostal/Apostolic church? I have noticed in our local area, that whole churches are embracing ideologies that have never been part of the church. The desire to remove the foundations and rebuild in hopes for more power (i.e. diminished emphasis on the altar, or need for sorrowful repentance, kingdom now preaching, degradation of the scriptures, or the heightened sense of power in ones own words)?

If you have noticed changes in doctrine, or operation- whether subtle or open, I would love to hear what they have been in your local area. Of course I understand the Holy Ghost works differently in different cultures, and no Pastor has the exact same thoughts or style of pastoring, but Have you seen any new/uncommon teachings in your area?

Thank you in Advance for your time!
Old 04-07-2014, 05:04 AM
"Is there not a cause?"

Re: The Reformation of the Pentecostal Movement

I want to comment right away and say this is NOT a bash the ministry thread, but I'm genuinely curious, how the church is operating and conforming/reforming throughout the world.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:03 AM
Registered Member

Apostolics need to be seeking MORE TRUTH. They have Oneness right. They have the new birth right. Beyond that they need a New Covenant Restoration.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Apostolics need to be seeking MORE TRUTH. They have Oneness right. They have the new birth right. Beyond that they need a New Covenant Restoration.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:47 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Apostolics need to be seeking MORE TRUTH.
I agree.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 04-07-2014, 08:33 AM
Sister Alvear

As long as it is a one man rule something is wrong....When we lose the body concept we have missed the point of Christ's plan....too many cliques and no real body....
My husband and I were talking about a case last night where people are just cut away from the body because someone doesn't like them...when we do see a "body" sprewing with hate it is NOT the body of Christ...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 04-07-2014, 08:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoodlife2live View Post
The inquisitive mind needs to know ...

Has anyone else seen an emergence of reformation in the midst of the Pentecostal/Apostolic church? I have noticed in our local area, that whole churches are embracing ideologies that have never been part of the church. The desire to remove the foundations and rebuild in hopes for more power (i.e. diminished emphasis on the altar, or need for sorrowful repentance, kingdom now preaching, degradation of the scriptures, or the heightened sense of power in ones own words)?

If you have noticed changes in doctrine, or operation- whether subtle or open, I would love to hear what they have been in your local area. Of course I understand the Holy Ghost works differently in different cultures, and no Pastor has the exact same thoughts or style of pastoring, but Have you seen any new/uncommon teachings in your area?

Thank you in Advance for your time!
The problem is that folks look to denominations as being the church of God. Denominations are, by their very nature, destined to move beyond their structure and beliefs because religious politics become prevalent in the organization and society changes over time.

Look at the oldest Christian denomination, the Roman Catholic church. They may hold a few of their original beliefs, but there has been much change over the centuries, especially since Vatican 2. Same thing happening with the Pentecostals. They aren't the Pentecostals of 100 years ago, denominational politics and society has changed them. The fact is, and this is hard for those who are stuck in denomination to accept, the church of God isn't contained in a denomination. The Pentecostals don't represent the entirety of the body of Christ and neither do the Baptists, or Methodists, ect.

So, there is change in the Pentecostal/Apostolic denomination. The body of Christ is always, always, always larger and more varied than a denomination, including the Pentecostal/Apostolic denomination.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:32 AM
Registered Member

Frank Bartleman in writing about the Azusa revival mentioned that every revival, awakening or renewal in history has fallen short in that they all have created another division. He felt God was trying to unite all of Christianity in that move of the spirit and that it should have continued deeper in the spirit and the doctrinal issues could have been ironed out later. Instead they organized hard and fast. Although he accepted the Jesus name message he never joined a denomination.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:57 PM
"Is there not a cause?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
I agree.
Quote:
First, I will address the beliefs of “the Kingdom is now” theologians: I do believe that this 'belief system' is one of the doctrines that has been influencing most of Christianity in general, both Pentecostals and Protestants. Excellent answer this is what I am looking for; the identification of any belief system that “has/is influencing” the church or even what people think the “Pentecostals fail to understand as far as doctrine”.

Thank you!
Old 04-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Registered Member

Well judging by the Apostolics I encounter here and there it looks as if the Evangelical "finished work" doctrine has made strong inroads among them.