Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
jesus, prepare, rapture, retreat, youth

Old 07-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Don't ask.

Re: Signs of God's Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppingStone View Post
World in that passage is rendered Age. The age of Law keeping ended and grace came on the scene. Yes all those things occurred in the, "Known World," The Roman Empire....
Did Jesus' disciples know they were asking about the age of law, when they asked Jesus about the end of the world? Famines, pestilences, wars, rumors of wars, and earthquakes in divers places in the Roman Empire were signs that the age of grace was coming?
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 07-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Firmly Planted in Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Did Jesus' disciples know they were asking about the age of law, when they asked Jesus about the end of the world? Famines, pestilences, wars, rumors of wars, and earthquakes in divers places in the Roman Empire were signs that the age of grace was coming?

Obviously better than you and I, they spoke the same language and asked the same question...

Matthew 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

αἰών (aiōn) "Age"

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/...ngs=G165&t=KJV

http://www.blueletterbible.org/searc...he+world&t=KJV

Click on numbers..
Old 07-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Obviously better than you and I, they spoke the same language and asked the same question...

Matthew 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

αἰών (aiōn) "Age"

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/...ngs=G165&t=KJV

http://www.blueletterbible.org/searc...he+world&t=KJV

Click on numbers..
Famines, pestilences, wars, rumors of wars, and earthquakes in divers places in the Roman Empire were signs that the age of grace was coming?

Why am I not surprised?
Old 07-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Firmly Planted in Christ

Quote:
Famines, pestilences, wars, rumors of wars, and earthquakes in divers places in the Roman Empire were signs that the age of grace was coming?
Grace came on Pentecost (The Holy Ghost,) at which point the Age of the Law expired. The judgment Of God was the "Coming of The Lord" in which all those other things you mentioned occurred..

The people had 40 years, from 30 AD to 70 AD. That's why those that understood or believed sold everything they had. Some left the scene early, others who were less selfish stayed beyind trying to "Save" their brethren..

If we knew China was going to wipe out the good ole USA many would sell everything and move, very few would stick around to "Save" their countrymen..

Will you save me Timmy??
Old 07-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Grace came on Pentecost (The Holy Ghost,) at which point the Age of the Law expired. The judgment Of God was the "Coming of The Lord" in which all those other things you mentioned occurred..

The people had 40 years, from 30 AD to 70 AD. That's why those that understood or believed sold everything they had. Some left the scene early, others who were less selfish stayed beyind trying to "Save" their brethren..

If we knew China was going to wipe out the good ole USA many would sell everything and move, very few would stick around to "Save" their countrymen..

Will you save me Timmy??
How much time do we have?

OK, I think what you're saying is the disciples were asking about two things that were 40 years apart (though I don't suppose they knew that at the time, and I'm not sure they did after they heard Jesus' answer, either. ). The end of the world was just a few weeks away, and the return of Christ was 40 years away.

The signs listed were about the return, and not the end of the world (age), I suppose. And you claim that there were, in fact, famines, pestilences, earthquakes in divers places, wars, and rumors of wars, and nations rose up against nations, during those 40 years. Is that correct? Oh, and (Matthew 24:14) the gospel was preached in all the world (is that, too, just the Roman Empire -- the "known world"?)?

Why am I not surprised?
Old 07-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Firmly Planted in Christ

Talking Re: Signs of God's Coming

Quote:
How much time do we have?

OK, I think what you're saying is the disciples were asking about two things that were 40 years apart (though I don't suppose they knew that at the time, and I'm not sure they did after they heard Jesus' answer, either. ). The end of the world was just a few weeks away, and the return of Christ was 40 years away.

The signs listed were about the return, and not the end of the world (age), I suppose. And you claim that there were, in fact, famines, pestilences, earthquakes in divers places, wars, and rumors of wars, and nations rose up against nations, during those 40 years. Is that correct? Oh, and (Matthew 24:14) the gospel was preached in all the world (is that, too, just the Roman Empire -- the "known world"?)?
Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

It was about That Generation. God does things in 40 years spans all thru the bible.

30 AD (Jesus Teaching) till 70 AD (Apostles Preaching.)

Here Paul says it was preached in all the world (Known World--Roman Empire.) And every "Creature."

Colossians 1:5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
6 Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:
23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

If you here from God about China over throwing the USA let me know Timmy!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Registered Member

The shorter and longer day
A researcher at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory said the quake was so powerful that it gave a kick to Earth's figure axis. The computer model used by geophysicist Richard Gross suggests that the quake shortened the length of an Earth day by 1.26 microseconds (or millionths of a second). "This change should be permanent," Gross told Space.com.

Changing the length of a day may sound like an impressive feat, but in fact that��magnitude of change is so small that it's lost over time (so to speak). According to the computer model, the Sumatran earthquake of 2004��shortened��the length of a day more than four times as��much,��by��6.8 microseconds. Seasonal changes in ocean currents and the atmosphere have a still more significant effect, moving the length of a day back and forth over a range of 1 millisecond, or 1,000 microseconds.

In the long run, all those changes will be canceled out by the gradual lengthening of Earth's day that is caused by the transfer of angular momentum to the moon. Apollo-era experiments indicated that the moon is gradually receding from Earth, at a rate of about 3.8 centimeters per year, and that implies that Earth's day should be getting 17 microseconds longer every year.

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...kes-measure-up
Old 07-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Registered Member

Signs of God's coming?..

1 Tim 1:17..God is invisible
Old 07-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Some signs of the end
Attached Images
File Type: jpg end.jpg (38.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg endisnear001.jpg (19.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg endofworld.jpg (24.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

I've heard it mentioned that the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is, or could be, a "sign of the times". Who is to say a giant deep sea oil rig doesnt look like a mountain to a man who has never seen an oil rig?

Revlations 8:8-9 "And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;(9)And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed."

Except the oil spill hasnt destroyed any ships...yet. Perhaps rather than being literally destroyed, they were simply removed from the sea? Would all the inactive commercial and recreational fishing ships/boats which once plied the waters of the Gulf come to about 1/3 the maritime traffic in the Gulf? Could it be that he saw them removed from the sea and assumed they had been destroyed?

I know it's a lot of supposition but it's enough to make one think.